IGNORED

Canceled due to lack of interest - CV Paddle controller Auction – Colecovision Paddle Controller

evg2000

Canceled due to lack of interest.

CV Paddle controller – Colecovision Paddle Controller

Welcome to the auction.

You will be bidding on the prototype Colecovision handheld paddle controller.  This is the only

one in existing.  No other prototypes of this controller will be produced.  This it prototype #1.

This controller has been tested on both the original CV and the Phoenix.  Additionally, this

controller can work with Atari 2600 Joystick games.  The FAQ referenced below shows a video

of A2600 Kickman played with the paddle.

It’s designed for games that are either horizontally or vertically oriented.  I created this

controller specifically for the CV version of Kaboom but works for other games.  This controller

requires one 9-volt battery to function.  There are dip switches on the back to change the

orientation, and also can reverse the direction; left becomes right, or up becomes down.  This

controller does not alter the game and can’t make an object on the screen move any faster

than it would with a normal controller.  This is controlled by the software itself.

This controller was shown at PRGE the weekend of 10/18/2019.  Those who tried it were very

excited by it.  The FAQ listed below has some links to videos showing it being used.

The controller has been verified to be working at the time of this auction.  

Please take time to read this FAQ before bidding: 

This is a prototype; it could break, it could break your machine, etc.  I don’t expect that it will,

but I take no responsibility for damage to you, your machine, etc, etc…

NEVER turn the paddle on or off with the system turned on.  This is a good practice with any controller.  

There may be additional paddle controllers produced, but they will start with #001.  They may

also have a few modifications.  They will not have prototype printed on them, etc.

The winner of the auction will win the CV Paddle Controller and 1 y-adapter.  See pictures

below.  

Shipping and insurance will be additional.  International buyers welcome, though you will need

to work with me figuring out how to ship.  I Haven’t done much international shipping.

Bidding starts at $200.  I will try to update the OP with the current high bid once a day.  Bidding

will continue till November 3rd, 2019 between 3 – 5 PM California time.

I reserve the right to update this text if I realize that I have made a mistake.

Thank you and happy bidding.

large.CVtop.JPG.e34fffd86534857845d4ee3cbc463001.JPGlarge.cvbottom.JPG.fb5e69a8882817cc64d0fb083fe83627.JPGlarge.cvfire.JPG.8a71a8294f18e6d8a7772fec2c5d812f.JPGlarge.cvside.JPG.08d5c1a308bc528c3fbbe758184e527e.JPGlarge_cvpt.JPG.232a34235c9760fd6d93cfdd827304cb.JPGlarge.cvpower.JPG.fc223d14ed02f7b2e75fdd44092bdbdf.JPGlarge.ysides.JPG.bcce01bd62a4348a6514762cdb234a9f.JPGlarge.ybottom.JPG.0950ba1d710e412fd5de52cd320bb38e.JPG

Edited by evg2000
Canceled due to lack of interest.

if I could make a suggestion... I wonder if it was due to the price for a 3D Printed prototype? I know for one, I was "interested" but not for $200.  If you want to sell me one for between $50 - $75 I'd be 100% on board!  But to me, asking $200 for this just seemed like a cash grab trying to make something "collectable" that actually seemed like a good practical idea that more people might have been interested in had it been a more reasonable price.

4 hours ago, TPR said:

if I could make a suggestion... I wonder if it was due to the price for a 3D Printed prototype? I know for one, I was "interested" but not for $200.  If you want to sell me one for between $50 - $75 I'd be 100% on board!  But to me, asking $200 for this just seemed like a cash grab trying to make something "collectable" that actually seemed like a good practical idea that more people might have been interested in had it been a more reasonable price.

Agreed. $200 starting bid is obviously way too spicy. To find out what the market really thinks, starting it at 1 cent and letting it ride for 10 days would bring about the true market value for such a thing.

Hey guys,

I'm not worried about not selling them.  I never intended to sell them.  I showed them off at PRGE, and people pushed me to sell some.  I said I would have to sell them for a crazy price, I mentioned $200, they seemed fine with that.  If you read the FAQ thread, you might have noticed that my goal was to sell zero paddles, and that I agreed that $200 was a lot.

"yep, i agree 200 is a lot. like i said, wasn’t planning on selling these. price is to offset material costs, a lot of time, and to motivate me to do something i really don’t want to do. i dislike selling stuff, and i don’t like mailing stuff i’ve sold."

Here are some stats on this project, this was just a personal project so I could play kaboom and mad bomber with a paddle.

• It took sever hundred hours iterating between different designs.
  • Probably $500 - $800 in cost to design
  • Each paddle has around 130 or so solder connection that have to be done by hand
  • About 30+ hours to print each paddle, if each print is successful. 
  • Around 5 - 10 hours to assemble and test each paddle
  • Approximately $70+ in parts for each controller

Here is a fun picture of some of the different versions I tried.  I wish I had kept them all!  I originally started with the CV version, don't have any of those any more :( The one in the top middle was only about $20 in parts,

all hand wired - lots of wires.  You had to turn the knob 10 - 15 times to go from one end of the screen to the other.  Also notice the change in name for INTV Paddle to InteliPaddle to IntelliPaddle TM

large.IMG_5914.JPG.4f09bc96369755738f76f5f9db39bea8.JPG