IGNORED

USA/Can Turbo Duo console - for parts or repair

Akito01

Did you personally use this machine in a working state? Also, are you the one who removed the caps? The rusty corrosion on the disc drive metal spinner has me worried that liquid was spilled in the machine at some point. Can you say one way or the other if there was ever something spilled into the drive? Just weighing out the value of fixing this unit. Thanks for your time.

On 10/28/2019 at 1:49 AM, Shawn said:

Did you personally use this machine in a working state? Also, are you the one who removed the caps? The rusty corrosion on the disc drive metal spinner has me worried that liquid was spilled in the machine at some point. Can you say one way or the other if there was ever something spilled into the drive? Just weighing out the value of fixing this unit. Thanks for your time.

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner (I didn't get a notification!) 

I have been the only owner for this console. It had been working flawlessly until around 2002, at which point the CD audio began to cut out. I was able to successfully replace the two capacitors responsible and return it full operation. Around three years ago, the video signal cut out (though there was still audio and CDs still spun). Since I didn't know what specific capacitors were responsible, I did remove all the remaining capacitors, but was unable to effect a repair due to lack of skills/equipment (see the broken trace for evidence of that sad story). 

There has never been any liquid spilled on this machine at any time. Under normal light conditions, the spinner really doesn't look as discolored as it seems to be in that photo, and I never had any issues with the CD drive during the time the machine was working and being played. 

6 hours ago, Akito01 said:

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner (I didn't get a notification!) 

I have been the only owner for this console. It had been working flawlessly until around 2002, at which point the CD audio began to cut out. I was able to successfully replace the two capacitors responsible and return it full operation. Around three years ago, the video signal cut out (though there was still audio and CDs still spun). Since I didn't know what specific capacitors were responsible, I did remove all the remaining capacitors, but was unable to effect a repair due to lack of skills/equipment (see the broken trace for evidence of that sad story). 

There has never been any liquid spilled on this machine at any time. Under normal light conditions, the spinner really doesn't look as discolored as it seems to be in that photo, and I never had any issues with the CD drive during the time the machine was working and being played. 

Thanks for the further info.