IGNORED

2019 HSC Rd.5 Dark Chambers

toiletunes

The Halloween celebration continues with Dark Chambers on standard difficulty. Daylight Saving Time is this weekend, so don't forget to set you clocks back one hour- and while you're at it, you can go back to any one game you missed (Pac-Man Collection, Desert Falcon, Crack'ed, Galaga, Planet Smashers, or Dungeon Stalker) for two bonus points :)

Round ends November 9.

round 5 final scores:

661,910 Toiletunes

538,320 BydoEmpire

533,800 Oyamafamily

373,090 Dr Moocowz

243,060 TheActivisionary

84,630 jblenkle

round 5 bonus points to OyamaFamily, TheActivisionary, and BydoEmpire.

Points as of round 4*

53 Oyamafamily

40 toiletunes

36 Dr Moocowz

25 AtariFever

23 BydoEmpire

19 jblenkle

17 LidLikesIntellivision

7 Troff

4 RoadRunner

(*I decided to make the points more colorful, if your name is green, it means you moved up in the ranks, if it's red, you moved down)

Edited by toiletunes
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, toiletunes said:

The Halloween celebration continues with Dark Chambers on standard difficulty. Daylight Saving Time is this weekend, so don't forget to set you clocks back one hour- and while you're at it, you can go back to any one game you missed (Pac-Man Collection, Desert Falcon, Crack'ed, Galaga, Planet Smashers, or Dungeon Stalker) for two bonus points :)

Round ends November 5.

Scores for round 5:

Scores for rounds 1-4

That's awesome, I was unable to play the Pac-Man Collection round.  Great idea!

Alright, so... first time playing this game. Didn't actually seem THAT difficult (finally felt it ramped up on level Q). I barely made it level Z (did Y without a bomb, don't recommend that! :o). After level Z, it loops back to A and repeats the game, but with more difficult monsters aka get the reapers right from the start. I beat level A, then decided to quit. So, whichever score you feel is appropriate to use:

Quit at loop 2, stage B: 373090

Completed loop 1: 351490

I personally tried to clear everything off of each level and didn't try to spam monster kills just to farm points (and can see how that'd be easy to do here).

7800-05-2019-dungeonStalker01a.jpg

7800-05-2019-dungeonStalker01b.jpg

7800-05-2019-dungeonStalker01c.jpg

Dark Chambers  533,800

83347673_7800DarkChambers.thumb.png.5f4f7b8e0f13b26c82ccd3f5431b27fd.png

VIDEO (approximately 63 minutes)

(Of note: since the length is longer than 60 minutes, I used aTube Catcher to record this gameplay video. Before recording this video, I changed the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 pixels on my laptop. For this video footage, I selected the entire screen.)

Timeline:

0:00:00 My username at Atari Age Profile

0:00:06 Prosystem Emulator startup

0:00:21 Title select (Dark Chambers)

0:00:24 Dark Chambers startup, standard skill

0:00:27 Start of run and opening of first loop (Level A)

0:31:05 Ending of first loop (Level Z)

0:31:08 Opening of second loop (Level A in advanced course)

1:02:26 Ending of second loop (Level Z in advanced course). Immediately I paused emulation and ended this run with my 533,800-point score.

Edited by oyamafamily
Adding notes about this video evidence; YouTube video now visible!
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 7:41 PM, oyamafamily said:

0:31:05 Ending of first loop (Level Z)

0:31:08 Opening of second loop (Level A in advanced course)

1:02:26 Ending of second loop (Level Z in advanced course). Immediately I paused emulation and ended this run with my 533,800-point score.

You are a more patient person than I am for completing the 2nd loop. :)

>>Round ends November 5.

Is that end date correct? Is it a 1 week special round?  Or do you mean starts 11/5?  Anyways, if it's not too late, I did squeeze in a game of Pac Man collection this morning (posted to that HSC thread, 11,600).

Edited by BydoEmpire

22 hours ago, BydoEmpire said:

>>Round ends November 5.

Is that end date correct? Is it a 1 week special round?  Or do you mean starts 11/5?  Anyways, if it's not too late, I did squeeze in a game of Pac Man collection this morning (posted to that HSC thread, 11,600).

Oops! First post edited with correct deadline, and one bonus point to BydoEmpire for catching the error.

New round will be posted tomorrow afternoon/evening...

• Like 1

This is the longest I've ever played Dark Chambers... I have to say, I'm enjoying it much more this time around than I had previously.  Finally died in the second loop, around level K: 538,320.  I took a snapshot after 500k in case I didn't want to keep going, but I figured I was so close I might as well play a bit more.

Bonus Round Pac Man Collection 11,600

IMG_3382.jpeg

IMG_3385.jpeg

IMG_3386.jpg

Edited by BydoEmpire