IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Release Thread

Bmack36

13 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

Shouldn't the author of the article follow his own logic to its conclusion and bitch about the very existence of software emulators for PC, Mac, R-Pie, etc. that encourage "free-to-play piracy"?

Indeed.  And he even has a glowing blog post regarding the MiSTer project and of course never once mentions that this is too is a system that encourages "free-to-play piracy".  Not only that, but the MiSTer project encourages it on such a massive scale that the Phoenix can barely touch it.  This kind of highly selective "reporting" just lends enormous weight to the argument that this person is just another of those select few who seem to have an axe to grind with, and wish to damage, the ColecoVision community.

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ikrananka said:

This kind of highly selective "reporting" just lends enormous weight to the argument that this person is just another of those select few who seem to have an axe to grind with, and wish to damage, the ColecoVision community.

Remember when playing games just used to be about having fun?  Ah, the good old days...

• Like 6

His complaints about TPR's behavior aren't exactly unwarranted. TPR recently did go full out defensive when people complained about the CollectorVision club increasing by $20. To the point he threw a tantrum about people complaining, locked the thread and then also deleted the thread after doing so.

Edit: to be fair, @TPR should be notified. I'd personally like to hear his justification for silencing these complaints.

Edited by nick3092
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, nick3092 said:

His complaints about TPR's behavior aren't exactly unwarranted. TPR recently did go full out defensive when people complained about the CollectorVision club increasing by $20. To the point he threw a tantrum about people complaining, locked the thread and then also deleted the thread after doing so. 

I wondered what the hell happened to that thread.  I was so stoked that I finally saved the money and could be in the club...And then the thread was magically gone (heh)...  

He (TPR) also got mad (but at me) when a FB contest guy was IMO pretending to be running an AtariAge contest.  I was quite annoyed when 5 and a half minutes into the video this guy says the only way to sign up for this "Free AtariAge Contest" was through FaceBook,  so I called him out on it.  Hopefully I saved some other AtariAgers their precious time when it was actually a FaceBook contest.  Now in no way was I "Mad about a Free Contest",  simply mad the guy was acting like it was a contest for AtariAgers (not FaceBookers).  I tried to say as much but TPR got mad and closed the thread for some reason. Basically he closed the thread so no one could enter the contest,  after saying I wasn't being supportive haha...Now,  I usually agree with TPR, but not always...It's like anything else.  Anyway I still don't think the guy should have misrepresented his contest...How hard would it have been for him to say you'd need FaceBook to sign up?  It would have saved us all some time.  I ended up apologizing to the guy, (for TPR locking his thread)...Still, in this case, the author  (Great Hierophant,  in case people missed it) does seem to have an axe to grind...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

I wondered what the hell happened to that thread.  I was so stoked that I finally saved the money and could be in the club...And then the thread was magically gone (heh)...  

He (TPR) also got mad (but at me) when a FB contest guy was IMO pretending to be running an AtariAge contest.  I was quite annoyed when 5 and a half minutes into the video this guy says the only way to sign up for this "Free AtariAge Contest" was through FaceBook,  so I called him out on it.  Hopefully I saved some other AtariAgers their precious time when it was actually a FaceBook contest.  Now in no way was I "Mad about a Free Contest",  simply mad the guy was acting like it was a contest for AtariAgers (not FaceBookers).  I tried to say as much but TPR got mad and closed the thread for some reason.  Basically he closed the thread so no one could enter the contest,  after saying I wasn't being supportive haha...Now,  I usually agree with TPR, but not always...It's like anything else.  Anyway I still don't think the guy should have misrepresented his contest...How hard would it have been for him to say you'd need FaceBook to sign up?  It would have saved us all some time.  I ended up apologizing to the guy, (for TPR locking his thread)...Still, in this case, the author  (Great Hierophant,  in case people missed it) does seem to have an axe to grind...

TPR also ran what I call the equivalent of a smear campaign against @Milli Vee because he didn't like how CCR came out. Not only here on AA but on his Facebook groups as well. Given his past behavior on AA, his attacks On Milli Vee and the way he handled this CV thread, I reported him to @Albert. But I never heard anything back. I didn't want to make these complaints public. But the lack of a response from Al forced my hand.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Anyone else excited about the next run of the Phoenix? Would it not be cool to have some sort of related 20th anniversary edition?

I'd be more excited about the new core with corrected pixel clock they promised like 2 years ago. Or the proper roller controller power adapter they promised. Or the other cores they said would be possible, like Adam. Not to mention the fact the original hardware was designed to allow back feeding 5v through the hdmi.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Milli Vee said:

Hopefully @Albert does something - my complaints fell on deaf ears - in the end his smear campaign actually fueled sales of CCR and other games but its not something that the community needs.

Just for the record - I've had nothing but great dealings with you @Milli Vee. Your games have been good and I've gotten great customer service. When Turmoil had issues, you ate the costs and made it right for your customers. What more can I ask. Can't wait until your new game hits my mailbox.

The same goes for both CollectorVision and Opcode. Nothing but positive from my experiences.

It is pretty cool to see my love for a 40 year old system still get new games from various sources. Totally brings me back to my childhood when I would save up and go to the store for that latest game release :).

• Like 3

I have observed what I would call "aggressive" moderating on the Coleco sub-forums.  I've never really paid attention enough to say that it is TPR who is responsible, but I see more posts and threads deleted here in the Coleco section than any other.  I can see a cause for that sometimes I guess, but it seems to happen more than I would expect.

• Like 1

Deleting threads should not be something a moderator does unless Al gives the go ahead. Even then deleting a thread should be a last resort and only under the most narrowly defined circumstances. A moderator should not be so thin skinned that they lock threads he/she is in disagreement with. That is authoritarian and totally opposite of what AtariAge is. I've seen this happen and hope that it stops.

Also, the continuing hate being thrown at Milli is not needed. Posting an opinion about a game is one thing. To continue doing so across multiple threads over months is not acceptable behavior especially from a moderator. Using that kind of power to stifle any defense for Milli by other members or Milli himself is just wrong on every level. 

That is my opinion and I obviously have zero control of those types of situations. Retro gaming is supposed to be fun and this community for the most part adds to that. Most of us do not come here for negativity. There is enough negative energy in the world as it is. 

• Like 3

I would just like to set the record straight here on a few things:

1. This recent conversation is based on an article and actions that happened in 2018. I do not think it is fair to bring up those arguments from the past and I would encourage everyone to simply "move on" from then.  

2. In regards to the questioning of moderation in the ColecoVision forum, a total of four topics have been removed in the last 2 years.  One of which was the CollectorVision Experience Club thread and I removed that mainly so that @retroillucid can post about it himself. I admit that I jumped the gun on making that post as it should have come from CollectorVision themselves, which JF has since made a post about it in the CollectorVision forum, and I apologize for any disturbance that original post created. The other removed posts were either spam or posts that didn't belong in the forum.

3. As for any of the comments regarding Milli, I posted my review of Crazy Climber Redux and my thoughts on his Kickstarter.  I feel I was completely in the right on those comments and many people have agreed with me, and many people have disagreed.  There was no "smear campaign" as I posted it only to the three social media outlets that I moderate or contribute to, just like I post everything else.  There was no more of a "smear campaign" for Crazy Climber Redux as there was for any "Atari 2600 / ColecoVision Game of the Day" posts I make on my other social media channels.  Milli is more than welcome to publish his games and everyone should be allowed to comment on them and give their opinions as they so wish, after all he is publishing full-priced $59 games.  

I fully understand that some people may not approve of my moderating which I admit had been a bit more aggressive, and @Albert and I have had some discussions about that and I have most certainly lightened up since those events in 2018.  In the last 2 years, the ColecoVision forum has seen more than 800 active threads and the drama has been very low.  In my defense, moderating any sort of group is a very thankless job and it is not as easy as it may seem.  This community has grown leaps and bounds over the last two years and I do applaud every one of you who has kept a console alive that should have been dead and gone 35 years ago.

And for that, I thank all of you.  And thank you for hearing me out. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I do think the mods here at AtariAge, by and large do a very good job!   Even if I hate it when I can't finish a sentiment, clarify, or apologize etc., especially if my comment is just caught in a crossfire haha...

Regardless of...past situations, and opinions on certain games etc.,  We'd do well to keep in mind who raised the alarm bell, as it were about the behavior of Chris Cardillo,  when "coleco" (River West Brands is it?) began getting ColecoVision fan sites shut down on FaceBook etc.  If I've never said it before,  I'd like to thank TPR for that one! 

PS Even if a comment gets deleted,  you should still be able to PM a person directly,  should the need arise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Milli Vee said:

TPR (Robb) you deleted my comment to Joe Blenkle moments after I posted it saying I didn’t know what I did to offend him but I was sorry and could he contact me to discuss it. No reason just did. I barely use this forum anymore because I worry if I post you will just delete the message if not the account.

I am not here to have a he said / she said argument with you. If you would like to continue this discussion, feel free to open a private message with @Albert and myself. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TPR said:

1. This recent conversation is based on an article and actions that happened in 2018. I do not think it is fair to bring up those arguments from the past and I would encourage everyone to simply "move on" from then.  

2. In regards to the questioning of moderation in the ColecoVision forum, a total of four topics have been removed in the last 2 years.  One of which was the CollectorVision Experience Club thread and I removed that mainly so that @retroillucid can post about it himself. I admit that I jumped the gun on making that post as it should have come from CollectorVision themselves, which JF has since made a post about it in the CollectorVision forum, and I apologize for any disturbance that original post created. The other removed posts were either spam or posts that didn't belong in the forum.

3. As for any of the comments regarding Milli, I posted my review of Crazy Climber Redux and my thoughts on his Kickstarter.  I feel I was completely in the right on those comments and many people have agreed with me, and many people have disagreed.  There was no "smear campaign" as I posted it only to the three social media outlets that I moderate or contribute to, just like I post everything else.  There was no more of a "smear campaign" for Crazy Climber Redux as there was for any "Atari 2600 / ColecoVision Game of the Day" posts I make on my other social media channels.  Milli is more than welcome to publish his games and everyone should be allowed to comment on them and give their opinions as they so wish, after all he is publishing full-priced $59 games.  

1. The recent conversation occurred because someone brought up an old thread pointing out your overly aggressive moderating back then. Which I don't think anyone is rehashing what happened the.  But To me it was a reminder of into the way you have been acting again lately. I will admit you did tone things down after that incident. But to me you are approaching that type of behavior again.

2. That's is a very weak argument for what you did. As far as I could tell, someone made a new thread that the subject complained about the $20 increase. Then that topic got redirected to what appeared to have been your thread hyping the club. Then when people started questioning the increase and value of the club in your thread, you threw a tantrum and basically said "then don't buy into it" and locked it. A few days later, the whole thing was deleted then. You effectively blew away a debate over the price increase, presumably to hide any bad PR.

People voiced opinions and you silenced them. It shouldn't matter if JF, you, or anyone else started the conversation. It was valid discussion and sharing of opinions. This comes off as very shady, and makes it look like you are protecting CollectorVision, especially after the way you acted with CCR. 

3. You were pretty aggressive in all places you posted about CCR. Not only were you directly pushing Milli to change the game to your liking, you were encouraging other people to complain to him too. Which given your attitude of "then don't buy in to the CV club if you don't like the price" in #2, you should have taken your own advice and just walked away. But you didn't.

And lastly, I tried addressing these concerns privately back when you first locked the thread by properly by PMing @Albert. Twice actually. But he never responded. Last I looked, it didn't even indicate he read them. Which as the site admin, I assume he has the power to not send read notifications when he does read something. I was a little disappointed that he didn't even respond. Not a good look when someone expresses concern over a moderators actions, and it comes off as being ignored by the site owner. 

1 hour ago, Milli Vee said:

TPR (Robb) you deleted my comment to Joe Blenkle moments after I posted it saying I didn’t know what I did to offend him but I was sorry and could he contact me to discuss it. No reason just did. I barely use this forum anymore because I worry if I post you will just delete the message if not the account.

1 hour ago, TPR said:

I am not here to have a he said / she said argument with you. If you would like to continue this discussion, feel free to open a private message with @Albert and myself. 

Thank you. 

Enough already TPR!

You allowed messages from Joe Blenkle that attacked a fellow AtariAge member, MilliV, and when MilliV politely asked Joe to reach out to him so that things could be worked out between the two of them.... YOU DELETED MILLIV'S MESSAGE.

You also deleted my messages were I was nothing but polite to Joe trying to explain that I was not going to see another ADAM website go by the wayside, The ADAM Archive, when it is a huge resource to the community.

In that whole time period, you left Joe's messages up saying what he said about MilliV until a number of days after I contacted Albert about a Rogue Moderator on AtariAge.

Since then you have removed all the messages in that thread up to the one posted detailing the FujiNet for ADAM and locked me out of that thread. A thread that is about helping fellow ADAM owners find the resources that they are looking for and that I started long before you were part of this community.

You have also locked me out of your Collection thread and I don't ever recall making one single post in it and if I did, it would have been to say AWESOME!

I got my stop watch out to see how fast this post is deleted: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.....

26 minutes ago, nick3092 said:

1. The recent conversation occurred because someone brought up an old thread pointing out your overly aggressive moderating back then. Which I don't think anyone is rehashing what happened the.  But To me it was a reminder of into the way you have been acting again lately. I will admit you did tone things down after that incident. But to me you are approaching that type of behavior again.

2. That's is a very weak argument for what you did. As far as I could tell, someone made a new thread that the subject complained about the $20 increase. Then that topic got redirected to what appeared to have been your thread hyping the club. Then when people started questioning the increase and value of the club in your thread, you threw a tantrum and basically said "then don't buy into it" and locked it. A few days later, the whole thing was deleted then. You effectively blew away a debate over the price increase, presumably to hide any bad PR.

People voiced opinions and you silenced them. It shouldn't matter if JF, you, or anyone else started the conversation. It was valid discussion and sharing of opinions. This comes off as very shady, and makes it look like you are protecting CollectorVision, especially after the way you acted with CCR. 

3. You were pretty aggressive in all places you posted about CCR. Not only were you directly pushing Milli to change the game to your liking, you were encouraging other people to complain to him too. Which given your attitude of "then don't buy in to the CV club if you don't like the price" in #2, you should have taken your own advice and just walked away. But you didn't.

And lastly, I tried addressing these concerns privately back when you first locked the thread by properly by PMing @Albert. Twice actually. But he never responded. Last I looked, it didn't even indicate he read them. Which as the site admin, I assume he has the power to not send read notifications when he does read something. I was a little disappointed that he didn't even respond. Not a good look when someone expresses concern over a moderators actions, and it comes off as being ignored by the site owner. 

1. The old article was brought up as a discussion about the Phoenix. IMO, it was unfair to rehash any negative discussion from four years ago about either the Phoenix or myself.  Clearly the Phoenix has sold well and has been a success so I'm not sure why it was even relevant to bring that article up today. 

2. You may think it was a weak argument, but it is 100% true and factual.  If anyone has an issue with the $20 increase in the CollectorVision Club price, they are more than welcome to discuss it again in the thread that @retroillucid created.  

3. As I said before, I posted my opinion of Crazy Climber Redux, and suggestions during development, which Milli actually did instruct people to do, and this was after I spent $250 backing his game on Kickstarter as well as volunteering hundreds of dollars more to help him promote his game across social media based on the promises he made. I donated at least $1,000 of my own money to his campaign, and since I was probably responsible for helping him sell quite a few of those copies on Kickstarter, I feel I was well within my right to let people know my thoughts on the game.  As he said himself, my comments helped him sell more copies, so that's GREAT!  What is the issue here?

4. I don't appear to have any private messages from you trying to work out any differences, which of course if I would have received I would have been happy to explain further.  To be honest, I don't even really know who you are.  I can see you've been a member here since 2012, and I thank you for being a member of the forum for that time, but it would appear you've only made 10 posts in the ColecoVision group four of them have been in this recent exchange, so I'm not even sure where your frustration comes from.

That being said, like I mentioned in my earlier post, I get that not everyone may agree with my moderation style and I accept that.  Sounds like you may fall within that category. If you would like to take things up further, I would suggest starting a private message between @Albert and myself, as I'm not sure this thread is the appropriate place to continue this discussion.

Thank you. 

Just now, NIAD said:

Enough already TPR!

You allowed messages from Joe Blenkle that attacked a fellow AtariAge member, MilliV, and when MilliV politely asked Joe to reach out to him so that things could be worked out between the two of them.... YOU DELETED MILLIV'S MESSAGE.

You also deleted my messages were I was nothing but polite to Joe trying to explain that I was not going to see another ADAM website go by the wayside, The ADAM Archive, when it is a huge resource to the community.

In that whole time period, you left Joe's messages up saying what he said about MilliV until a number of days after I contacted Albert about a Rogue Moderator on AtariAge.

Since then you have removed all the messages in that thread up to the one posted detailing the FujiNet for ADAM and locked me out of that thread. A thread that is about helping fellow ADAM owners find the resources that they are looking for and that I started long before you were part of this community.

You have also locked me out of your Collection thread and I don't ever recall making one single post in it and if I did, it would have been to say AWESOME!

I got my stop watch out to see how fast this post is deleted: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.....

It is completely within my right to clean up and moderate threads in this forum.  You are referring to some recent drama in the an ADAM topic in which ALL of the drama was deleted, both sides, not just yourself and Milli.  I did that to be fair to everyone and remove unnecessary drama. That is part of my job here is a moderator at AtariAge and I think @Albert would agree with that. 

Once again, I am not here to have a back and forth he said / she said discussion with you. This is not the appropriate place for that. If you would like to discuss this further, you are more than welcome to start a private conversation with @Albert and myself.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, TPR said:

1. The old article was brought up as a discussion about the Phoenix. IMO, it was unfair to rehash any negative discussion from four years ago about either the Phoenix or myself.  Clearly the Phoenix has sold well and has been a success so I'm not sure why it was even relevant to bring that article up today. 

2. You may think it was a weak argument, but it is 100% true and factual.  If anyone has an issue with the $20 increase in the CollectorVision Club price, they are more than welcome to discuss it again in the thread that @retroillucid created.  

3. As I said before, I posted my opinion of Crazy Climber Redux, and suggestions during development, which he actually did instruct people to do, and this was after I spent $250 backing his game on Kickstarter as well as volunteering hundreds of dollars more to help him promote his game across social media based on the promises he made. I donated at least $1,000 of my own money to his campaign, and since I was probably responsible for helping him sell quite a few of those copies on Kickstarter, I feel I was well within my right to let people know my thoughts on the game.  As he said himself, my comments helped him sell more copies, so that's GREAT!  What is the issue here?

4. I don't appear to have any private messages from you trying to work out any differences, which of course if I would have received I would have been happy to explain further.  To be honest, I don't even really know who you are.  I can see you've been a member here since 2012, and I thank you for being a member of the forum for that time, but it would appear you've only made 10 posts in the ColecoVision group four of them have been in this recent exchange, so I'm not even sure where your frustration comes from.

That being said, like I mentioned in my earlier post, I get that not everyone may agree with my moderation style and I accept that.  Sounds like you may fall within that category. If you would like to take things up further, I would suggest starting a private message between @Albert and myself, and I'm not sure this thread is the appropriate place to continue this discussion.

Thank you. 

I still maintain you abused your power in silencing/deleting the CV club thread when it clearly wasn't going your way. But whatever. You aren't changing my mind, I'm not changing yours.

I don't post a lot. But that doesn't mean I don't read, observe, and notice patterns. But thanks for trying to make it look like I don't count or I'm just a nobody because I don't actively post. 

And I didn't PM you. Why would I complain about you to you? Obviously you aren't going to agree with me. I'd be wasting my time. I expressed concerns directly to @Albert. Because it's his site and he chose to make you a moderator. He's the neutral party in this. It's his decision to determine if you overstepped your bounds. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick3092 said:

I still maintain you abused your power in silencing/deleting the CV club thread when it clearly wasn't going your way. But whatever. You aren't changing my mind, I'm not changing yours.

I don't post a lot. But that doesn't mean I don't read, observe, and notice patterns. But thanks for trying to make it look like I don't count or I'm just a nobody because I don't actively post. 

And I didn't PM you. Why would I complain about you to you? Obviously you aren't going to agree with me. I'd be wasting my time. I expressed concerns directly to @Albert. Because it's his site and he chose to make you a moderator. He's the neutral party in this. It's his decision to determine if you overstepped your bounds. 

If you would like to take things up further, I would suggest starting a private message between @Albert and myself, as I'm not sure this thread is the appropriate place to continue this discussion.

1 minute ago, Milli Vee said:

Not sure who you donated any money to but it sure wasn’t me or the campaign. The $265 you put pledged towards the Kickstarter was refunded to you via money order and certified mail. Either case this is all water under the bridge to me, bad business, and no need to discuss it. Just wanted to correct you. Have a good day - we are getting 12” of snow tonight.

I volunteered that money in promoted posts across my socials to help with your campaign.  You didn't ask me to do this, I volunteered it because that's just what I have been known to do in the past.  I have done the same for CollectorVision, Team Pixelboy, Opcode, AtariAge, Edladdin, and many others and I do it out of kindness.  That being said, I am not here to have a he said / she said argument with you. If you would like to continue this discussion, feel free to open a private message with @Albert and myself. 

Thank you. 

19 minutes ago, TPR said:

It is completely within my right to clean up and moderate threads in this forum.  You are referring to some recent drama in the an ADAM topic in which ALL of the drama was deleted, both sides, not just yourself and Milli.  I did that to be fair to everyone and remove unnecessary drama. That is part of my job here is a moderator at AtariAge and I think @Albert would agree with that. 

As a Moderator, it is. However, your selective deletion of posts while ignoring others posts that attack a fellow AtariAge member go way beyond what it means to be a Moderator.

So why did you lock me out of your Collection thread? Can you give me an honest answer to that question? Can you provide any posts of mine in that thread that are against the AtariAge Forum rules?

1 minute ago, NIAD said:

As a Moderator, it is. However, your selective deletion of posts while ignoring others posts that attack a fellow AtariAge member go way beyond what it means to be a Moderator.

So why did you lock me out of your Collection thread? Can you give me an honest answer to that question? Can you provide any posts of mine in that thread that are against the AtariAge Forum rules?

Once again, I am not here to have a back and forth he said / she said discussion with you. This is not the appropriate place for that. If you would like to discuss this further, you are more than welcome to start a private conversation with @Albert and myself.