IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Release Thread

Bmack36

I would appreciate more updates on core revisions.  The Phoenix did not work correctly on either of my HDMI displays when I first got it.  I have posted on the GitHub item for this issue which has not been updated in a long time.  There is no fix for this.  The only resolution proposed is to use a composite adapter.  I have a composite adapter that introduces significant lag and makes the pack-in game too hard.   Supposedly, a different adapter has been tested and found to have minimal lag, but I've already got 2 adapters for this thing (one to avoid the power problem and one for composite), and it seems a little ridiculous to keep buying them.

As far as I know, there is no place to communicate about these problems except threads like this or on the GitHub page.  Honestly, I've basically given up hope that the "pixel clock" issue will be fixed.  I'm still satisfied with my purchase even if it never gets fixed, but it does sorta downgrade my overall experience.

As far as the programmer being busy working on a SNES game, this just comes down to priorities.  I first reported my issue in November of 2019, so it is obvious to me that prioritizing fixes for the Phoenix is not #1 for Collectorvision.  Ok, that's fine.  Message received.

• Like 1

Just as a general comment, the skills required to create a SNES game have no overlap with the skills needed to create an HDMI video device on an FPGA. The issue is people, not interest.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wongojack said:

As far as I know, there is no place to communicate about these problems except threads like this or on the GitHub page.  Honestly, I've basically given up hope that the "pixel clock" issue will be fixed.  I'm still satisfied with my purchase even if it never gets fixed, but it does sorta downgrade my overall experience.

There is also a dedicated CollectorVision Phoenix group on Facebook, if you use it:

Collectorvision Phoenix | Facebook

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2022 at 4:41 PM, retroillucid said:

Our main programmer is still busy finishing our SNES game
Once he's completely done with it, he'll resume works on the Phoenix

Please, keep in mind we (CollectorVision) all want perfectly working core(s)
It's not something we don't care of don't want to improve, cause we REALLY want!

And since the Phoenix is open source, anyone can work on it, not just us. 

Heya!

So since it's been a couple months, how close is he to finishing up that SNES game? Summer? Fall?

Looking forward to that clock fix, and the Atari 2600 core adjustments myself!

Loving the machine in the meantime in an alternate location. Looking forward to playing it on my Sony in my game room.

ps2 port can also be used for a mouse. Eventually an msx core would also use a keyboard. There for future expansion.

I would like to be able to use a mouse and play with the coleco sketch it program for instance using just the colecovision core or as a roller controller alternative.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Lil Alien said:

It's been 4 months since any comment about the firmware clock fixes, etc. Did the programmer finish that SNES project as of yet that was referenced in March?

Thanks!

no, if you want to check on the status of the snes game just look here:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/justice-beaver-new-super-nintendo-game?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bck-07112022update&utm_term=#/updates/all