IGNORED

ColecoVision Console Problem

Isn't the VDP and VRAM bypassed completely when the F18A is installed?  Those 8 slots are where the 2KB VRAM chip are supposed to be. And the 1 large one should be for the TMS9918A.  Not sure if you powered it up yet and tried it with a VGA monitor or TV. RF and composite output probably needs TMS9918a chip and the 8 slots of VRAM. I'm going to tag @matthew180 so he can help.  I'm only going off what I read about the F18A so I'm not 100% sure.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Isn't the VDP and VRAM bypassed completely when the F18A is installed?  Those 8 slots are where the 2KB VRAM chip are supposed to be. And the 1 large one should be for the TMS9918A.  Not sure if you powered it up yet and tried it with a VGA monitor or TV. RF and composite output probably needs TMS9918a chip and the 8 slots of VRAM. I'm going to tag @matthew180 so he can help.  I'm only going off what I read about the F18A so I'm not 100% sure.

With F18a the 8 VRAM chips are not necessary. RF and composite would need the TMS9918a to replace the F18a as well as the VRAM chips.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Retro_Game_Lover96 said:

Hmmmm. Maybe. Some rom files might be good, and others might be bad.

That's always possible too, but I'm thinking of the communication issue.  It's possible that one of the pins at the cartridge port don't make good contact.  I was troubleshooting a 2600 that could play Defender, but not other games.  Turns out one of the address pins wasn't making contact with the CPU.

• 3 months later...