Boulder Dash® 2022 release!

Andrew Davie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Yup.

Andrew is currently working on it.

Um. Well, sorta working on it.  I'm doing other projects (mechanical TV) right at this moment.

But to be more clear - Boulder Dash is (and has been) ready to go. But it's the 3E bankswitch version.

I suggested we might try implementing a 3E+ version a month or two back, because I thought it might improve the speed. It's proven a much more difficult task than converting Chess - and in any case I wasn't really sure we were going to go with the 3E+ version. So... although 3E is ready to go (and perfect), 3E+ is in the wings. I expect by the time all the work is done on manuals, boxes, and more specifically legal agreements -- then 3E+ might be ready. But I wouldn't want to be counting on 3E+ being the released version. Oh, the pressure.....

• Like 12

1 hour ago, [d2f]Iggy*SJB said:

Will there be a "pre-order" list like the first one? 

Absolutely not. This will be a "regular" release which will not be limited in number. Thats the plan.

The cost will be driven by the requirement for 4 different parties to have some share of the profits on each cartridge.

What's a fair price, hmmm?

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Absolutely not. This will be a "regular" release which will not be limited in number. Thats the plan.

The cost will be driven by the requirement for 4 different parties to have some share of the profits on each cartridge.

What's a fair price, hmmm?

Thank you. Let whoever wants it to get it.

16 minutes ago, ZylonBane said:

Will this reissue fix the tempo of the title screen music? The Boulder Dash theme is supposed to sound like this, but apparently the 2600 port sounds like this.

Sounds even better on the Commodore 64.

Fast version:

youtu.be/XpjpIHMrqAQ

Slower version:

youtu.be/14CAO72_pJw