IGNORED

altirra start 800 game.

ulao

I'm a bit confused here, been using emulators since 1998....I feel pretty dumb right now...  How do you start an 800 game?

First thing I tried was setting up  joystick and after reading many topics on the subject I gave up and tried the default install and keyboard. I keep reading about f2 begin start but I think that is for 5200.  How do you play a game with a 800 rom loaded?

The keyboard mapping says left cntrl but that key does not start a game.

The net says to hit f2 but I think that is for 5200.

Mapping to a joystick button 1 does nothing.

No menu items seem to help.
Some details on line about "eanble function buttons" but I think this was removed in one of the version (I'm on 3.20).

From what I remember the 800 is a computer that loads software, so it should be looking for a button. One would guess the button1 would start the game. The game itself ( jumpman) does not say anything about how to start. So what does one do?

It depends on the game, but many require the "Start" button.  The real 800 has Start, Select, Option buttons as well as reset.  Each emulator will map these differently.  Other games, may let one use the joystick trigger to start, or keyboard, but as I say - they are all different.

So - I tried Jumpman.  Assuming you haven't remapped keys in Altirra, press F3, then F4 to choose level, then F2 to start, then a number key to choose # of players.