IGNORED

Idea for Scrapyard Dog ‘hack’: you are the dog and are to resque Louie.

Giles N

On 5/10/2020 at 9:19 AM, KevinMos3 said:

I've got this with running, jumping, and throwing so far.  However, there are 5 running frames and only 2 drawn so far, so I just repeated the 2.  There needs to be some more horizontal adjustment with some of the running frames to match head.  I've had to trim down some of the sprites because they are only 12 pixels wide in the run.  If you make the other 3, you might want to keep them at 11 pixels wide to allow for room for the horizontal adjustment that might be needed.  The jump is slightly wider as well as the throw, but both had to be trimmed to fit as well.  There are 2 head frames which are used for running, jumping, and throwing, so I had to do slight adjustments to them to match the heads.

What's missing right now are 3 additional running frames (unless you only want 2), and the sprites of Louie (Scraps) with his back turned to the player as he answer the phone and knocks on doors (there are quite a few as seen below).

ScrapYard_01.thumb.png.4ce9efe8449277d26dfd8d2d9685547d.png

1326223504_ScrapyardKnock-AnswerSprites.png.e3c60fbbe81c5518e377b3b43ba6ab16.png

Awesome! Thanks !

I’ll get on with the remaining frames!

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 9:19 AM, KevinMos3 said:

I've got this with running, jumping, and throwing so far.  However, there are 5 running frames and only 2 drawn so far, so I just repeated the 2.  There needs to be some more horizontal adjustment with some of the running frames to match head.  I've had to trim down some of the sprites because they are only 12 pixels wide in the run.  If you make the other 3, you might want to keep them at 11 pixels wide to allow for room for the horizontal adjustment that might be needed.  The jump is slightly wider as well as the throw, but both had to be trimmed to fit as well.  There are 2 head frames which are used for running, jumping, and throwing, so I had to do slight adjustments to them to match the heads.

What's missing right now are 3 additional running frames (unless you only want 2), and the sprites of Louie (Scraps) with his back turned to the player as he answer the phone and knocks on doors (there are quite a few as seen below).

ScrapYard_01.thumb.png.4ce9efe8449277d26dfd8d2d9685547d.png

1326223504_ScrapyardKnock-AnswerSprites.png.e3c60fbbe81c5518e377b3b43ba6ab16.png

Ok,

so running:

GIF-bilde 34.gif

20 minutes ago, KevinMos3 said:

Individual frames is easier. Saves me from having to separate them in Imageready.

Also, there’s all the “back turned to the screen” sprites in my last post.

Looks good so far.

Ahem, it seems pixcel for ios hates me; I deleted frames of the dog to separate one frame; even though I choose ‘edit as new’.

Would it be possible for you to extract the frames;  goodness I can send you/invoice you 10 bucks for the trouble...

Edited by Giles N

57 minutes ago, Giles N said:

Would it be possible for you to extract the frames...

No worries.  They're extracted now.

46 minutes ago, Giles N said:

Gimme some time people, I need to go and scream in a corner...

:lol:

• Thanks 1

Thanks, but all the sprites were already implemented except the ones requested above.  The ones I needed were the remaining running and back-toward-screen for knocking and answering phone.  The running sprites can be no more than 12 pixels wide, but there may be some misalignment with the head at that width, which is why I suggested keeping them to 11 pixels wide just in case.  It's hard to tell until I get the other 3 running sprites implemented.  The reason I didn't state exactly how wide jumping & throwing sprites can be is because they're already done.  I just don't want you having to do extra work because of miscommunication.  The original back-toward-screen sprites are included in my post above, in case you didn't notice them.  They are right below the screenshot.

8 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

Thanks, but all the sprites were already implemented except the ones requested above.  The ones I needed were the remaining running and back-toward-screen for knocking and answering phone.  The running sprites can be no more than 12 pixels wide, but there may be some misalignment with the head at that width, which is why I suggested keeping them to 11 pixels wide just in case.  It's hard to tell until I get the other 3 running sprites implemented.  The reason I didn't state exactly how wide jumping & throwing sprites can be is because they're already done.  I just don't want you having to do extra work because of miscommunication.  The original back-toward-screen sprites are included in my post above, in case you didn't notice them.  They are right below the screenshot.

Thanks!!

I got them, just need to actually do them (the frames).

I just wanted to re-do the Scraps ‘jump’ and ‘throwing’, before I do the knock & enter-frames.

They’re up next.

I also plan to do grfx for ‘Louie’ as being the abducted ‘owner’.

Don’t know how many things can be replaced... 

Edited by Giles N

On 5/19/2020 at 5:43 PM, KevinMos3 said:

Hm, I really tried to keep all frames within 12 pixels wide, including the new ‘dog-throwing-sprites’.

I’m working on the ‘knock-on-door’ + ‘pick up phone’ sprites; I just need a little time.

If my new ‘throw’ and ‘jump’-sprites could be inserted it would be really cool...

I also plan an image for start-scene ‘we’ve got your owner...’ etc

Don’t know if that can work; I have zero knowledge as to programming/hacking; only try to do

some grfx-stuff...

all good to everyone here...

I've got pretty much everything put in and lined up.  The text and images were changed to refer to Louie being kidnapped instead of Scraps.  Louie is tied up at the end, but I've not been able to test it to see how it looks.  It may need tweaked for alignment or color, but I don't plan to play through to the end anytime soon to see it.  I've only played up to the first sewer.  If anyone wants to do more editing on it, feel free.  I'm not happy with the way the sprites are used for knocking and walking into doors/tunnels, but I've had enough for now.

There's a regular sprite hacked version and an infinite lives sprite hacked version to help with the difficulty.  If you want to play them in Prosystem, you'll need to add the below md5 to your Prosystem.dat file.  MAME/MESS should work fine.  They've also been re-signed.

[01d88a3023606a1a002eeaf8e51a9745]
title=Scrapyard Dog (Scraps Hack Infinite)
type=4
pokey=false
controller1=1
controller2=1
region=0
flags=0
[6a00eb356245fc24df4bed7f5a3d4b74]
title=Scrapyard Dog (Scraps Hack)
type=4
pokey=false
controller1=1
controller2=1
region=0
flags=0

947876616_ScrapYard_(ScrapsHack)_00.png.e7c8b0a4d2d605e375316759bfe51036.png 160342755_ScrapYard_(ScrapsHack)_01.png.ff202d3a976430183490262a93cd0609.png

ScrapYard_(Scraps Hack).a78

ScrapYard_(Scraps Hack)_[Inf_Lives].a78

The tied up Louie will probably need his colors changed.  I'm guessing he'll look like this, but don't know for sure.  If someone wants to share a save-state for the end, I'll follow up with a color change.

Louie_Tied.gif.4394927629e8ffc666370e133b06a81b.gif

• Like 2