IGNORED

Zyx game collection #1

So far I've tried this on 3 different PCs and they all work, so I sorry but I can't reproduce.

I can't think of anything apart from asking you to state your windows version and if it's 32/64 bit. Lastly, open a command prompt and type "set rbtools". If this exists it will point to a path on your hard disk. Verify that it is the exact folder you have your rb+ install. If not you will need to unset it.

Grasping at straws here but I can't think of anything else, sorry.

It's Windows 10 64-bit.

OK, I guess I'll give up and just do it this way then:

runningzyx3.png.28a121120511a49b5e94999867f33dca.png

Not exactly what I had in mind, but oh well.

Thanks for trying, I wonder what is wrong with my computer. I'm wondering whether putting Python on my computer screwed things up, or what? I don't know what could be wrong with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

20 seconds in on Zyx Classic, I ate a green thing falling from the sky thinking it was a power up... and died!

Fun game. Jumping over the things coming in from the sides and eating extended bananas while a piano lays it out.

Like it so far :)

On classic, the collision detection might be a little tight. Went to jump over one of the beasts walking through and died twice losing the last of my lives. Both times I was jumping from the left over to the right. I could clearly see I didn't touch it.

Greedy is pretty tough. Gets the anxiety up trying to elude the ever following baddie but feels possible. Then another one appears :lol:

Luckily he kinda just meanders about where ever he ends up and doesn't follow so hard.

Gets hard when the banana reappears nearby especially if both are in the area. Had a couple of times where the banana

appeared on the other side and was a relief. My score was 22 when my last guy died.. both games

So, just don't miss a banana! Took a bit for it to get going crazy fast but once it did, it was a lot of fun.

Never found a use for the jump function as the enemies were sparse and not crowding. Used jump mainly in the early

goings to kill time until the next banana.

Nice set of games and good for some quick time killers. Hope to see more :)

• 1 month later...

Worked a little bit more on the game. I changed the title screen so the Zyx is going around the banana (and I capitalized my name). Another change I made was in the Classic Zyx game where I made the lime flash when it's about to disappear.

Is the Game Drive available? I want one.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Changed some stuff in Running Zyx:

• Made the game get even faster.
  • Because of how fast the game gets, I made the Vuts stand still...
  • ...and you can now miss bananas without dying.
  • disabled jumping.

Let me know if no Vuts show up in your game, they should since they're the only reason you can die now. And sometimes they didn't.

27 minutes ago, atari2600land said:

Changed some stuff in Running Zyx:

• Made the game get even faster.
  • Because of how fast the game gets, I made the Vuts stand still...
  • ...and you can now miss bananas without dying.
  • disabled jumping.

Let me know if no Vuts show up in your game, they should since they're the only reason you can die now. And sometimes they didn't.

Not sure if you did it intentionally or not but you included the source in the zip with the latest build.