IGNORED

FS: Fairchild Channel F Tetris - Videocart 28

e5frog

Made a nice intro, working through the actual game.

Ran into a problem, it's a little bit too large to fit on the Pac-Man board, I may have to adjust it to fit the Multi-Cart board, make a new board-design or shrink it. Haven't decided yet, maybe I should put the intro out there for you to decide or try and do some clever stuff to get the size down.   ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

So far, so good- job 1 went on a 2 week furlough. Paid, but about half of what I'd make working. Job 2 is currently still going, so maybe I can get extra hours out of them.

A bit concerned since I naturally have a cough from my blood pressure medication, so the only symptom to watch for is a fever. Got a thermometer & check myself every morning- seems I run a degree or so lower than most (explains why I hate the cold!) More concerned about passing it to others than actually having it myself- I'm young enough that I should be OK, but even the job that's open still has a lot of elderly customers, so I don't want to be a carrier!

• 1 month later...

Just checking in to see how this is progressing- not expecting much with how weird things are. But, since I'm now 6 weeks into being fully furloughed (job 2 closed a couple days after job 1), I figured I might as well figure out what things I've paid for might ship soon. I mean, it's this or more Animal Crossing ?

Still here, had spent many many hours on a few tricks and effects that turned out not to work on any of the real machines but fine in emulation...  :(

I'm considering a hardware solution. 

Due to current situation things are moving slowly. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hey there, still at it.

Haven't found a solution to the mentioned technique used with the emulator. I'm considering a hardware solution but it feels like cheating and would prolong the development as it might require changes in cartridge hardware.

Anyway, there are a couple of small details I want to sort out, it's those last ones that takes the most time.  ;-)
I may have to replace some routines to be able to get the different colored blocks I want instead of mono-colored blocks. There's three to work with, so why not use them all?  ;-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update:
Box awaiting some text for the back side, got some help with that, then it's ready for print.

Moved code to another editor for better overview and syntax checking, to date I have made 974 code compilations (where the code is compiled into binary) , some with small and some with larger changes. Many wasted since it only worked in emulation...   :'(

Also want to thank everyone for their patience.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have decided to accept pre-payment #12-14 if anyone's interested. 

Check first post in the thread, follow instructions - if you want to pay for your copy and get in line. 

I added an image of the real box original, the details will be a surprise. 

291234228_TetrisBoxredyellowblock3600dpitext1.thumb.png.2cebef9062945a8823e24dadbc877255.png

Edited by e5frog
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Minor details left to check - and some more play testing.

I'm confident enough to now receive all orders, I'll make a batch of 50 carts, there's 26 left of that to sell.

Please follow instructions in the first post.

I'm missing shipping addresses to a couple of the current orders, I'll contact you about it.

Buy Now!

• 1 month later...

I'll just copy what I wrote on eBay: 

I can't seem to get in touch with the print-guy, should I ship Tetris without boxes and instead homemade labels (old school as early multis and most Pac-Man)?
I print them with canon ink on a canon pro-100s now-a-days, on canon photo paper, then cold laminate them (transparent sticker film basically). The richness in color is of course fantastic compared to CMYK-print.
It's tedious though as I get about 50% scrap with all involved steps, especially attaching said film, so it's a lot of work.
I could ship them without box and also without labels - but I feel that would be a bad idea.

If anyone wants their Tetris shipped ASAP it should arrive before Christmas. I would be required to precharge shipping of the box coming later on, as it's another package box, which is only about $2 and also the postage, which varies but let's say I'll take some of the cost and even it down to $10 (think it'll be at least $14), it's a very light item to ship. 

Just send me a PM, we'll get it sorted (I shipped the first 10 or so multi-carts without boxes. Boxes were delivered... at least a year later... worked out well except in two cases where the buyer had moved. That time I had promised at the time of selling that if a box was made (my first project like this) everyone would get one _for free_. I should have asked for shipping though - but a promise is a promise.
You hardly need to wait a year for boxes, job is done, printer's needed files are done, I have even e-mailed them but not gotten any reply (also not in the spam folder).
I have been looking for an option, the ones that I can afford don't print on that thick cardboard and I already think it's a bit too thin so... 
The cardboard box printer-people are really expensive, about 3-4 times the price. 

I'm entertaining the idea of purchasing abroad but I might get a batch that's simply crap and need to throw it all out, my old print guy may pre-crease poorly but the print is outstandingly correct to what I have on screen when drawing them.

So, PM, $10 for early box-less delivery (to be sent later).

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2021 at 7:04 PM, HoshiChiri said:

Like the others, I'm fine with waiting for a complete copy- but since it's been 2 months, I thought I'd check in. Any progress on printing?

I got what seems to be an auto-reply, but that's at least some life sign. Have had no reply when calling apart from an automated message and no possibility of recording a message. 
No progress beyond that, but it's better than before. 

Regarding myself, still alive and no covid-19 sickness (at least not yet).   ;-)

• Like 3