IGNORED

MY Youtube and various video's (aka MaximumRD)

Jabbering on about first snowfall, decorations, secure PC disposal. ??

Just off the top of my head, unplanned, decided to take video while I do my rounds out in the first real snowfall here this winter.

Somehow I get onto the topic of PC security and secure disposal of computers.

NOTE: a resident approaches near the end hence my change in attitude.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

??Recently I had the luck of winning a very special prize from YouTuber Blaine Locklair ! 
Check out Blaine's Channel for the best in Restoration, Repairs and Mods HERE:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc16nxCRvhba37wzU2eVS2Q
!!!! WARNING !!!! Expect my usual babbling and going off in tangents during my video, I do eventually get around to the "unveiling" but if you want

to get right to that skip to around the 6 min  40 sec mark. I was so excited, happy and grateful when Blaine messaged to inform me of winning this

prize which is not only an amazing addition to my gaming collection but actually something that I have never played let alone owned.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Check out what I got from Jake aka MN12BIRD 

???

Posted 3 minutes ago

Check out what I got from Jake aka MN12BIRD

???

Jake sent me something we had discussed but also to my delight some awesome surprises as well ! Check out his great retro and tech channel HERE: 
https://www.youtube.com/user/MN12BIRD

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

Eh, I will make this post as an excuse for a BUMP since that is something I typically never do I figure why not ? ? I know I never get much response to my video posts on here and yet, I just keep doing it because I visit this site multiple times daily for years and so screw it ?? Anyways, in regards to my last couple videos above about winning a modded PS3, my first ever PS3 AND the recent package I received from Jake / MN12BIRD which included TWO awesome PS3 titles, here is an little update after finally getting some fun time with the console as well as having some success playing with the features.....

Installed and updated LAST OF US and Max Payne 3 onto my modded PS3 Hard drive (Thanks JAKE !) and after watching a tutorial video on Youtube I transferred the game Silent Hill Homecoming (I had previously been playing it in an PS3 emulator) from USB stick to the PS3 HDD, everything running and working great! That will keep me going for sometime! After just starting the first level of Max Payne 3 it is clear I am going to have to get use to the controls, my reflexes are not what they use to be! So it seems a modded PS3 is indeed and wonderful thing to have.

HERE is a quick picture I took transferring a original retail game to the internal PS3 Hard drive, took like 45 min but I guess copying 40 gb from a BluRay is going to be like that. Well worth the end result though as the game installed and I was even able to update it once it was on the internal drive. 

87721006_10158383030588109_1206250648937431040_o.thumb.jpg.3c50338cb159823da1737f19de83178a.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, StuOhQ said:

You create some very random content! Make it a lot of fun to watch, since you never know what you're in store for! Keep up the good work :)

Well thanks so much, I appreciate that! And YES it is all pretty random, I don't monetize and I am just a small channel but I like sharing little bits of my life, most are just random or things of convenience. Thanks for the comment and take care. ???

• 3 weeks later...

Blast from the past! WOW! ??One thing leads to another and I came across THIS fun old video where I responded to some video game related questions. I am always amused particularly because I just don't remember videos I did like this 10 years ago, mostly because I just answer off the top of my head, fun to see my answers and what I was into at the time, who I was responding to and connected with etc. Just sharing some fun little stories but interesting if anyone wants to answer the same questions today. 

What is the strangest place you have played a video game??
What is the longest you've attempted to repair a computer/console non-stop?
Have you ever had nightmares about games?
Have you ever played a game that was too scary to play?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

??My early experience with a classic computer, silly story, what's yours?

First I start off with my usual rambling, plus a shoutout to jugghead82, then a silly story of mischievous youths interaction with a very classic computer. PLEASE leave a comment or quick response video relating your own interaction or experience with a classic computer or computing platform check out his channel HERE:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jugghead82
Check out his Rock impersonation and tasting / review of Dwayne the Rock Johnson's TEQUELA (no not VODKA like I said in the video ?)
HERE: https://youtu.be/EZW1lqVMkRk

• 1 month later...

Driving through our first major snowfall in Kelowna, B.C. 2020

NOTE: I do NOT typically wear a mask in our car, and we wear masks only wear requested / required such as medical appointments or where masses of people gather etc. I wore it in car this time as we were on our way to an eye exam but also to show the viewers the mask my wife made from an old Slimware utilities T-shirt that never fit me. ??

Just sharing for fun. Woke up to a major snowfall last week, it was very unseasonal for us this time of the year, a week later it's all but gone so it was either a freak thing OR who knows? Might be the way the weather is heading with changing climates. Please know that though I DO live in Canada unlike what many Americans and those outside Canada may think, my particular city located in the Okanagan is unlike surrounding B.C. cities like the very cold Winnipeg (often referred loving as WINTERPEG with good reason!) so this early huge snowfall came as we also experienced record low temps. 

What is the weather like in Okanagan?
Average high temperature (summer): 28 C/84 F. Average low temperature (winter): -8 C/16 F. Average Hours of Sunshine: over 2000 per year. Average Rainfall: Approximately 300 mm/11in yearly.

• 4 months later...

? To skip my rambling fast forward to around the 6min 40 sec mark just before my first chip for hilarious results ?
MY usual rambling and build up but feel free to go right to the 6 min 35 sec mark just before my first chip to see the real honest result. HINT worse reaction then I thought, no editing, what you see is what you get for better or worse....THANKS ATARICREEP FOR SUGGESTING THIS CRAZY VIDEO !
Link to The Atari Creep https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRULdTREt024w7_v1G8RvpQ

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

MaximumRD's "The Toques of Hazzard" Beer tasting and Ramble

Here is my tasting of the comically named THE TOQUES OF HAZZARD extra strong IPA. My first video in 3 months and it's an actual Beer tasting which I've not done since 2016! Thanks for watching, --- THOSE WHO KNOW ME ARE AWARE I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL TASTER / TESTER of any kind, just a guy who enjoys Beer and likes to share some thoughts, ramble, pass the time, so please keep that in mind, it's done for free and for my own satisfaction ! --

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well WHY NOT? Here is my latest video. Trying Chocolate treats from New Zealand - Taking my mind off the chaotic storms, mudslides power outages and floods BC was hit with ( thankfully we seem to have been spared the brunt of it ) to try a couple New Zealand Chocolate treats received in this months Snack-crate box. Figured I might as well make a video as well. Thanks for watching!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

???My latest Beer Tasting video - !!!

Here I finally get around to a Beer that's been sitting in the fridge for some time. Please watch my impressions of this interesting looking Beer by WYCHWOOD BREWERY - https://hobgoblinbeer.co.uk/beers/hobgoblin-ruby/
Reviews at UNTAPPD - https://untappd.com/b/wychwood-brewery-hobgoblin-legendary-ruby-beer/5875
NOTE - I am in NO WAY a pro Beer reviewer, everything expressed is MY opinion only and should be taken as such, done for my own personal fun and satisfaction. IE : Don't take it seriously!

• 1 month later...

Story Time: Unboxing a replacement for my favorite 80's game console.

ITEM unboxed purchased from RETRO MTL in Montreal Canada. Great prices, slection and service by gamers for gamers! I could not be happier with my purchase and highly recommend ! https://retromtl.com/
This is from a few weeks ago now, I did not upload right away as I been going through some personal things and honestly, was not sure I was going to upload this in the end OR edit it leaving out certain "details" regarding some bad events but I have decided the hell with it. Sharing all the details on why the console needed to be replaced, it's not a good reason. I had only shared this previously with a few real close friends in messages as I tend to keep certain things personal as well as I don't like to dwell on bad things in my channel but well, sometimes it helps sharing and getting things off my chest and some of you have been with me for years so in the end I have decided to just upload this video and all the details including the story that goes with it. It's a long one and it was literally unscripted as always, I didn't even know I was going to share the details once the video started or if I'd simply let it be about the unboxing but it just sort of came out and I guess thinking about it there was a reason for it. Thanks for watching as always. Take care. Sincerely Rob aka MaximumRD.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much to Robb Alvey of the ColecoVision Lunatics Facebook group for sending me out some awesome ColecoVision merch. After posting my unboxing video a couple weeks ago unboxing a replacement Colecovision (2 ColecoVision consoles among several parts of my collection stolen some months prior) in the group ColecoVision Lunatics Facebook Group, Robb soon commented asking me to send him a message via the ColecoVision Fan Page so he could send out some cool items. Here you will see the awesome stuff he sent out, really cool and fun ColecoVision related goodies to cheer me up ! Please, check out Robb and all the awesome members of the ColecoVision Lunatics group as well as the ColecoVision fan page on Facebook here are the links.

ColecoVision Lunatics / Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ColecovisionLunatics
ColecoVision Fan Page- https://www.facebook.com/colecovisionfan

• Like 1

??Mystery package from fellow Youtuber! Check out what turned out to be a nice little box packed full of awesome goodies! Could not be happier with the contents. Check out Youtuber MNC122703 for tons of great video games, impressions, wrestling, figures and overall classic hobbies and nostalgic content HERE: 
https://www.youtube.com/user/MNC122703/featured

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...