Jump to content
IGNORED

MEAN SANTA ROM & full source code & manual now available FREE


timdu
 Share

Recommended Posts

In celebration of the 10th anniversary of the release of MEAN SANTA (this homebrew ATARI 2600 game was originally released in December 2009),

programmer John K. Harvey and myself (game designer Tim Duarte) have agreed to decide to release the game ROM, instruction manual, and full source code to the general public. 

 

The ROM file is for use on the Stella emulator, Harmony cartridge, Atari Flashback 9 on an SD card, Atari Flashback portable on an SD card, etc.

 

The ROM file is not to be used to manufacture and sell physical Atari 2600 game cartridges.

If you would like MEAN SANTA in physical cartridge form, please visit my web site: http://www.2600connection.com/features/mean_santa/features_mean_santa.html

It has the ordering information. If you have any questions, please let me know.

 

You can scroll all the way down to the bottom of my web site page and you will discover I have posted the ROM files ( NTSC and PAL), a PDF of the manual, and the assembly source code that John found after all of these years! 

 

I will also attach the files to this message as well.

 

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and have some fun playing this game!

Enjoy!


Tim 

mean_santa_v75_ntsc.bin mean_santa_v75_pal.bin mean_santa_v75.asm mean_santa.pdf

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, timdu said:

The ROM file is for use on the Stella emulator, Harmony cartridge, Atari Flashback 9 on an SD card, Atari Flashback portable on an SD card, etc.

When you get a chance, please provide the following info for each version of your ROM (if applicable).  I will get the info added to Stella's database, and hopefully have it ready for the 6.1 release:

 Cart_Manufacturer
 Cart_ModelNo
 Cart_Name
 Cart_Note
 Cart_Rarity


 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stephena said:

When you get a chance, please provide the following info for each version of your ROM (if applicable).  I will get the info added to Stella's database, and hopefully have it ready for the 6.1 release:

 Cart_Manufacturer
 Cart_ModelNo
 Cart_Name
 Cart_Note
 Cart_Rarity


 

Hello!

 

I'm not quite sure how this stuff works with Homebrews.

 

  • The manufacturer was "The Atari 2600 Connection"
  • There isn't a model number that I'm aware of, since it's a homebrew.
  • The name is "Mean Santa"
  • The only note I can think of is "Released via the Atari 2600 Connection / Programmed by John K. Harvey"
  • It's a homebrew, so I'm not quite sure how to classify the rarity.

I'm not sure if this helps or not-- being a homebrew, it's a little non-standard.  I'm not sure how others fill in this info.  I may need a little help here to figure out the right way to classify this data.

 

Regards,

  -John

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, how about this (note that not all fields need to be filled in):

 

 Cart_Manufacturer: The Atari 2600 Connection - John K. Harvey, Tim Duarte
 Cart_ModelNo: v75
 Cart_Name: Mean Santa (2009)

 Cart_Note: Released in 2019
 Cart_Rarity: Homebrew

 

 Cart_Manufacturer: The Atari 2600 Connection - John K. Harvey, Tim Duarte
 Cart_ModelNo: v75
 Cart_Name: Mean Santa (2009) (PAL)
 Cart_Note: Released in 2019
 Cart_Rarity: Homebrew

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stephena said:

OK, how about this (note that not all fields need to be filled in):

 

 Cart_Manufacturer: The Atari 2600 Connection - John K. Harvey, Tim Duarte
 Cart_ModelNo: v75
 Cart_Name: Mean Santa (2009)

 Cart_Note: Released in 2019
 Cart_Rarity: Homebrew

 

 Cart_Manufacturer: The Atari 2600 Connection - John K. Harvey, Tim Duarte
 Cart_ModelNo: v75
 Cart_Name: Mean Santa (2009) (PAL)
 Cart_Note: Released in 2019
 Cart_Rarity: Homebrew

Looks good to me!

 

-John

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, timdu said:

In celebration of the 10th anniversary of the release of MEAN SANTA (this homebrew ATARI 2600 game was originally released in December 2009),

programmer John K. Harvey and myself (game designer Tim Duarte) have agreed to decide to release the game ROM, instruction manual, and full source code to the general public. 

 

The ROM file is for use on the Stella emulator, Harmony cartridge, Atari Flashback 9 on an SD card, Atari Flashback portable on an SD card, etc.

 

The ROM file is not to be used to manufacture and sell physical Atari 2600 game cartridges.

If you would like MEAN SANTA in physical cartridge form, please visit my web site: http://www.2600connection.com/features/mean_santa/features_mean_santa.html

It has the ordering information. If you have any questions, please let me know.

 

You can scroll all the way down to the bottom of my web site page and you will discover I have posted the ROM files ( NTSC and PAL), a PDF of the manual, and the assembly source code that John found after all of these years! 

 

I will also attach the files to this message as well.

 

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and have some fun playing this game!

Enjoy!


Tim 

mean_santa_v75_ntsc.bin 8 kB · 35 downloads mean_santa_v75_pal.bin 8 kB · 11 downloads mean_santa_v75.asm 142.62 kB · 11 downloads mean_santa.pdf 991.57 kB · 34 downloads

Thank you for sharing appreciated

Merry Christmas

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, timdu said:

If you would like MEAN SANTA in physical cartridge form, please visit my web site: http://www.2600connection.com/features/mean_santa/features_mean_santa.html

It has the ordering information. If you have any questions, please let me know.

 

Thanks!  I hadn't ordered this game, since I didn't know how fun it was.  After trying it out the ROM on the portable, I went and made a purchase.  ;-)

I often try to buy a holiday themed game for Christmas, but wasn't sure what to go with this year.  Now I've found it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Happy Holidays! ZeroPage Homebrew will be playing Mean Santa on tomorrow's (Fri Dec 25) stream LIVE on Twitch at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

 

Games:

 

 

230908794_20201225-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.9c8a648fe09cc36d35053cb39d0caf35.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...