IGNORED

Is there a disk or bin image of AsTIroids anywhere?

JOD-I

Found the file that works.  Thank you so much!  I would be greatly interested to see your ferocious Asteroids clone and of course if you have paypal I would be willing to spend a little cash on it if it seems fun enough to play :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JOD-I said:

Found the file that works.  Thank you so much!  I would be greatly interested to see your ferocious Asteroids clone and of course if you have paypal I would be willing to spend a little cash on it if it seems fun enough to play :)

Thanks! A "like" is more than enough. I notice these things. ;)

I'm more onto my Miniature Golf right now, but I'll definitely do "something" on Asteroids too. :)

image.png.9824f6098ab04afefb248b5d5f86fcbc.png

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, save2600 said:

Wowie! Seems like an awful lot of asteroids floating around there all at once. Thought the TI had trouble with so many objects like that? 

There's a maximum of 32 sprites. With some careful planning, you can avoid more than the "maximum of 4 sprites per horizontal screen line". Sprites will flicker and/or partly disappear if you have more than 4 sprites horizontally. A good example is BurgerTime (after some minutes of play, you should have seen partly disappearing sausages etc.).

I haven't played AsTIroids much (a few minutes). At first look it may be, that the programmer has somehow avoided more than 4 sprites horizontally. I may explore this.

For my Asteroids, I'm also avoiding more than 4 sprites horizontally. I will implement several "tricks" to make it all happen. When this game becomes first priority, I will open a thread in the Development sub-forum. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JOD-I said:

I have the 32k expansion but it has something to do with its starting address that prevents it from starting. the classic99 emulator has something built in that allows it to start that a real TI does not

Not intentionally it doesn't. ;) 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 12/13/2019 at 12:06 PM, sometimes99er said:

I'm more onto my Miniature Golf right now, but I'll definitely do "something" on Asteroids too. :)
image.png.9824f6098ab04afefb248b5d5f86fcbc.png

Only minor, but important work has been done on "Asteroids" and "Miniature Golf" (both working titles heavily leaning on Atari 2600), but thanks for bringing my attention to both of them.
😋

• Like 3