IGNORED

Wonderboy WIP - Favorite Port of All time

Yaron Nir

12 hours ago, Yaron Nir said:

new welcome screen revamp:

image.thumb.png.008986f20265c530420a966f2a92993c.png

looking much better than previous screen...

What do you think?

coolio... not bad for an Hoax.... but I miss all those Sprite underlays/overlays/prior 0/mode7/3d/shading....3d... effects not to mention 4 voice digi mod file playing in lame RMT...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Heaven/TQA said:

coolio... not bad for an Hoax.... but I miss all those Sprite underlays/overlays/prior 0/mode7/3d/shading....3d... effects not to mention 4 voice digi mod file playing in lame RMT...

This screen is to replace the welcome screen , not the title screen (where you see boy and girl and hear the music theme)....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yaron Nir said:

I don’t speak Croatian but I can use google to understand what it means :)

do you prefer the old green screen we had ?

from our perspective the new screen is much more cleaner and colorful.....

My parents are from Subotica/Pacir so more Serijan.... ;) but I don’t speak any language from their (but understand little but and Magyar)

i just wanted to point out I like all of them and Vlado, You and Team decide... 

to say it with Bon Jovi... me just a singer in a long hair rock n roll band...

stay healthy! 

1 minute ago, Heaven/TQA said:

My parents are from Subotica/Pacir so more Serijan.... ;) but I don’t speak any language from their (but understand little but and Magyar)

i just wanted to point out I like all of them and Vlado, You and Team decide... 

to say it with Bon Jovi... me just a singer in a long hair rock n roll band...

stay healthy! 

?

You too friend...

50 minutes ago, ilmenit said:

lets just hope Sega and Westone Bit Entertainment won't be like Nintendo (Mario for C64) and won't take legal actions against this project. Wonderboy seems to be still an active "brand" e.g. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1112240/Wonder_Boy_Returns_Remix/

Just put a commercial in with check out.... to be more save?

• Like 1

Just now, Yaron Nir said:

Yes acknowledge.

there is a bug where u see all the sprites flashing by... 

soon skate board would be a real feature in level 

Yeah, if you push the character against some walls, it will flash into the skate boarding guy... anyway, you can slide your way without the skateboard.

BTW, your work is flowing great.

- Y -

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Yaron Nir said:

?

Wasn’t aware they did resemble tune .... 

but you must admit , notes are different than original but still very much alike 

Well, but you also have to admit that it is a very good way of using POKEY. Remove the samples and the attending voice, you might get the best solution for the game tune.

So the tune gets the same "catchiness" as in the arcade. The SID version is also ... erm... cough ... "optimized" for SID.   

I hate to sound so negative about this WIP - this particular level colour palette and how it looks on screen - but I think it looks so flat overall. (foreground blocks as such and the background don't carry any sense of depth to it - with traditional pictures/paintings - you have darker objects going into the foreground, but computer graphics tend to go the other way.)

That with experimentation, you should be able to find something that looks better?

Particularly because you have the main sprite and it's colours popping out at you - it's a shame to have the background looking so flat/dull in comparison.

I'm not suggesting a complete redo/redesign - but just experiment and just maybe you can find something that looks better?

Harvey 

Edited by kiwilove
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Still think it's ugly looking --- that it's not using the colours to the maximum (nicest) way possible...

Never got far into this game - like with most coin-ops - I don't put in a lot of money/time with it.  Only game I got far in, was Zaxxon - probably because I liked the graphics a lot.

Harvey