IGNORED

HSC16 Round 23: Christmas Bonus: Weihnachtsspiel & Animal Party

therealbountybob

Weihnachtsspiel & Animal Party

The return of the HSC Christmas Round !

Games finish Sat 28th December 10am UK time

Everyone welcome to play (screenshots optional)

Deliver the presents in

Weihnachtsspiel (PAL only)

image.png.31ee1132cd883ca7d3f9f8ca3eeed514.png

fandal has ATR [XL/XE only as Turbo Basic game]

Last played in Season 8 and we couldn't figure it out then so let's have another bewildering attempt to deliver those pressies!

if you are an emulator/keyboard only player this one might be pretty tough to play as there's a crazy santa on the loose! (Altirra users set 'System' 'Video' to 'PAL'). The first two screens are fairly straight forward, on the third screen I think you have to find the correct house using the compass point clues N,S,E,W; you hear a noise when it has been delivered.

The ghost of McKong past said "I really don't like this game" ?

trbb's guy said " Weihnahctsspiel was from Zong mag, perhaps Fandal or someone knows more about this game ? perhaps each screen is based on how you did on the last one? ". "after a few goes I got a couple of presents collected on round 2 so wonder if there is a time limit"

If anyone does figure it out a bag of bonus points will be heading your way! [See Carlson's two posts below for the instructions] :thumbsup:

Then party like an animal in

Animal Party (PAL/NTSC)

image.png.5a1dce85eb8edaf43ef00f43ae3e9de4.png

fandal has XEX

Whack the creatures with a giant hammer, don't worry they seem to like it and pop back uo again for more abuse!  (Altirra users set 'System' 'Video' to 'PAL').

Merry Christmas Everyone

The final POLL of the season is OPEN for your votes, it's a multi-pick so vote for 1-3 games, only the winner will be played ;)

• Like 1

I found Zong issue 12, 1990: http://www.atarimania.com/mags/pdf/atari-zong-90-12.pdf

Wieder einmal der Frust eines Weihnachtsmannes: Nachdem man letztes Jahr so erfolgreich war, wurde man befördert, und zwar zum TURBO-WEIHNACHTSMANN. Aufgabe ist es, innerhalb von zwei Minuten möglichst viele Geschenke auszuliefern. Diese müssen allerdings erst gefangen und dann in der Sack geworfen werden (immer 5 Stück). Danach folgt ein Stadtplan, in dem jeweils ein Geschenk unten rechts genommen und dann abgeliefert werden muss. Wo das Geschenk hingehört, kann man nur an der Windrose linksunten erkennen. Per Feuerknopfdruck wird die Richtunge angezeigt.

Or as Google Translate likes to put it:

Once again the frustration of a Santa Claus: After being so successful last year, you were promoted to the TURBO SANTA CLAUS. The task is to deliver as many gifts as possible within two minutes. However, these must first be caught and then thrown into the sack (always 5 pieces). This is followed by a city map, in which a gift must be taken at the bottom right and then delivered. You can only tell where the gift belongs from the wind rose (compass rose?) at the bottom left. The direction is displayed by pressing the fire button.

Now remains to figure out what that means.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

Ok, I doubt either of these two will interfer with my other plans for Christmas, if I ever had any.

Weihnachtsspiel - 510 pts.

On the third screen, I think you should pick up a package and navigate on the map and press fire until you're at the right house, then pick up the next package up to 5 of those. As described in the German text, each game will last exactly 2 minutes so hurry up on the first two screens to give you more time for deliveries and pick up more packages afterwards.

weihnachtsspiel-510.jpg.b62b1e7172546b962665fd484dc421a6.jpg

Animal Party - 196 pts

So you use the joystick combined with fire: Up Left, Up, Up Right, Left, none for center, Right, Down Left, Down, Down Right. You lose 10 points if you miss, and some animals seem to be worth a lot. I don't understand the delay in the hammer, though after a while you can get some sort of extended play. Seems a little random to me.

animal-party-196.jpg.d368a7072949825d580852bf61a200d2.jpg

• Like 1

Animal Party is awesome. My 2 year old will love it (probably next year, he's a tad too young at the minute)

The colour is great, and that music is really good. I'm playing it on my 800xl, but it almost feels like I shouldn't be, like it wouldn't be out of place on a Sega Megadrive or something. That's a fantastic job. 

I got 1,143 anyway. Might not get a chance to download the other game until Friday 

Happy Christmas everyone!

20191222_220742.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, STARBUG said:

Animal Party is awesome. My 2 year old will love it (probably next year, he's a tad too young at the minute)

The colour is great, and that music is really good. I'm playing it on my 800xl, but it almost feels like I shouldn't be, like it wouldn't be out of place on a Sega Megadrive or something. That's a fantastic job. 

I got 1,143 anyway. Might not get a chance to download the other game until Friday 

Happy Christmas everyone!

That's great. It's working ok, you are on an NTSC Atari right? Perhaps they fixed the game for both.

:)

18 hours ago, carlsson said:

Ok, I doubt either of these two will interfer with my other plans for Christmas, if I ever had any.

Excellent work finding the instructions for Wi.. Wie.., you know that game! Now can anyone crack the gameplay, the HSC record is 920 held by the mighty Scalak :)

More time for writng that round up of 2019 games for Pro(c) Mag ;)

5 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

That's great. It's working ok, you are on an NTSC Atari right? Perhaps they fixed the game for both.

:)

Yeah, it's an NTSC Atari. There are 2 preloaded Animal Party xex files on my SD Card, the first one I tried worked. The other game isn't on it, so I'll need to boot up my crappy old laptop to download and transfer and check that out.

I can always emulate too if I need to. It's thanks to the emulators that I rekindled my love for classic gaming, so I've nothing against them at all, though I know a lot of people can be fairly snobby about them. I do prefer the feel of my Atari though, and nothing beats that 800xl keyboard for me!

• Like 1

I think it translates as "Christmas Game" ok here goes Wiehnachtsspiel  remeber the h and the double s and no e at the end which I have just removed! 510 reached the 2nd delivery screen but then out of time I think will read carlsson's rules above properly for next time!  Animal Party 1,892 Level 9 very well done game, the pauses are a penalty for when you miss :)

Weihnachtsspiel.jpg.823794f280310f2bbd44463005736f26.jpg1646690574_AnimalParty.jpg.7f48bad308a1d47e18b39087c62cbdb1.jpg

[edit] damn it! I was close E before I !!

• Like 1

Animal Party  - 1765

W...                   - 420

The W... game worked fine on my NTSC? 800xl, though the graphics looked a bit weird on the 1st level. I thought I'd compare it to the emulated version, but I couldn't figure out how to start the game on on the Atari800win emulator (tried all the F buttons, it's probably just my laptop)

Only had a couple of games of W...., don't like it much at all. Spent about an hour playing Animal Party though. Suppose to be wrapping presents, but what the smeg ?

20191223_215418.jpg

20191223_224656.jpg

Edited by STARBUG
  • Like 1

Weihnachtsspiel (?) 680

Animal Party 1,913 (9)

Pre-Santa Table:

Weihnachtsspiel
  1st   therealbountybob             680     5pts
  2nd   Deteacher                      600     4pts
  3rd   carlsson                          510     3pts
  4th   Starbug                          420     2pts
  5th   RedThunder                     330     1pt

Animal Party
  1st   therealbountybob            1,913     5pts
  2nd   Starbug                        1,765     4pts
  3rd   Deteacher                        744     3pts
  4th   carlsson                           196     2pts
  5th   RedThunder                       41     1pt

The final POLL of the season is OPEN for your votes, it's a multi-pick so vote for 1-3 games, only the winner will be played ;)

Always time for some Atari :love:

W. 1030 (3)

A.P. 3040 (11)

Both games quite tense, found it best to go button crazy and just look at the compass on WNS, made it to the 3rd round of delivies! AP I bet someone can get in the zone, I reached the green lizard guys!

1687199863_Weihnachtsspiel(2).jpg.c9bbe5e8f520b0a7558fb7958d1f139d.jpg970780702_AnimalParty(2).jpg.0015e7d6dcfc89f23972ce337c245ca9.jpg

• Like 2

Weinachtsspiel - 600

Animal Party     - 3,512 (Level 12)

Ok, did a bit better on Weihnachtsspiel once I realised what was going on in the 3rd part, still can't say I'm a fan, but credit for the sense of panic you feel playing it, I'm sure the programmers meant it as a Christmas treat?

Animal Party has got to be in my top 20 or 30 Atari A8 games now. It's just no nonsense fun. Gotta hit those clocks!

20191227_202620.jpg

20191227_203803.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for playing everyone, sort of final tables below but I'll leave this round open for another day or so for anyone who has missed it ;)

Post-Santa Table:

Weihnachtsspiel

1st   therealbountybob             1,030     6pts
  2nd   carlsson                           840     7pts*
  3rd   Deteacher                         600     4pts
  4th   Starbug                            600     3pts
  5th   RedThunder                       330     2pts
  6th   Sikor                                330     1pt

*includes 2pt bonus for finding the instructions :thumbsup:

Animal Party

1st   Starbug                          3,512     6pts
  2nd   therealbountybob             3,040     5pts