IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2020

retroillucid

41 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

You would have to pay a bit more for shipping
You can always ask Toby (coleco_master) before ordering something off the website
So you'll have tracking 

Thought The membership included shipping for the game. Honestly, on this date and age, even the cheapest service (first class) includes tracking. Why would you want to charge more for a normal service?; And, why would I need to contact you to ask for it? what if my game gets lost? Or why if it was never shipped by mistake?  Do you really want to receive mails with questions about status on shipments???? 

On the other hand,  if tracking is a special service, then you should specify it up front, not after the fact. I am sure many will

be happy to pay a reasonable cost for this service.

Suggestions for

improvement should not be taken as negative comments.  

Edited by alortegac

2 hours ago, alortegac said:

Why couldn’t we get a normal tracking # with our shipment? 
I have no idea if my game is coming or not.

None of us did, it showing up one day is fine for the majority evidently. Who cares to follow every detail, let something be a surprise like the title itself and don't sweat something so insignificant. We are lucky to have an organized group providing these consistent quality games and now systems. I get annoyed when people drag them down with BS like this and the Core update complaints for fear they will say screw it and move on to something else with their time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alortegac said:

Thought The membership included shipping for the game. Honestly, on this date and age, even the cheapest service (first class) includes tracking. Why would you want to charge more for a normal service?; And, why would I need to contact you to ask for it? what if my game gets lost? Or why if it was never shipped by mistake?  Do you really want to receive mails with questions about status on shipments???? 

On the other hand,  if tracking is a special service, then you should specify it up front, not after the fact. I am sure many will

be happy to pay a reasonable cost for this service.

Suggestions for

improvement should not be taken as negative comments.  

sorry bud, sounds a bit negative to me

Edited by Mr. John ColecoVision
Lighter Tone

1 minute ago, Mr. John ColecoVision said:

sorry bud, sounds like negative whining to me

There's no call for this sort of remark.

It is not unreasonable to ask for (future) consideration of tracked shipment, especially given the way the request was put by @alortegac.

Anybody want to sell me their copy of the secret 2020 game?

I don't even know what it is, but I'm really intrigued.. I gotta know what I missed out on. ?

I was a member in 2019 but I missed the deadline for this year. :(

That being said, I'd be up for selling my 2019 secret game, if anyone is interested. Just shoot me a Pm, please. Thanks!

2 hours ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Anybody want to sell me their copy of the secret 2020 game?

I don't even know what it is, but I'm really intrigued.. I gotta know what I missed out on. ?

I was a member in 2019 but I missed the deadline for this year. :(

That being said, I'd be up for selling my 2019 secret game, if anyone is interested. Just shoot me a Pm, please. Thanks!

Nevermind. Mission complete on the 2020 game. ???

The 2019 game is still available though. Thanks folks!

7 hours ago, Mr. John ColecoVision said:

i disagree but I'll edit to a bit lighter in tone

They are a business, not a group. This is

not personal, it’s business. 

You can disagree all you want and do not bother lightening tone, I truly do not care about you. 

I received a reasonable response from @retroillucid

They will consider adding an option to request tracking at ordering. It is a not too much,  and it can prevent future unnecessary wasteful inquiries,  or losses to the business or customer dissatisfaction. 

Many successful businesses, actually reward their customers for sharing their ideas for improvement.

Edited by alortegac

54 minutes ago, alortegac said:

They are a business, not a group. This is

not personal, it’s business. 

You can disagree all you want and do not bother lightening tone, I truly do not care about you. 

I received a reasonable response from @retroillucid

They will consider adding an option to request tracking at ordering. It is a not too much,  and it can prevent future unnecessary wasteful inquiries,  or losses to the business or customer dissatisfaction. 

Many successful businesses, actually reward their customers for sharing their ideas for improvement.

Let me tell you, when a package gets lost it needs to be insured also otherwise you will be left empty handed. Postal Services will take their hands off and that is quite irritating because this way a package (with tracking) still can easily get stolen and there is nothing you can do about it. And don't bother going to the police....... But I surely would prefer an option for tracking and insurance!

tracking to europe from canada is very expensive. airmail no tracking is around $10 but with tracking >$40 canadian. 

within canada or to the states USA is reasonable but anything further from canada is cost prohibitive. I've mailed many packages to europe of similar size / weight.

I know, it's a risk you have to take. It can save you quite a lot of money. But I can understand you want to have tracking when the secret game is on it's way. When COVID-19 is over I am gonna pick it up ?! By the way, I have added some photo's of the parcel in which the secret game has arrived and survived ?.

20200628_121713.jpg

20200628_121655.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Colecovision Fan said:

I am not gonna bite the hand that feeds. I really appreciate what Collectorvision is doing.  I would rather start a Postal Services discord instead.

Romanticizing  Collectorvision as a hand that feeds??  Stop being so dramatic...

Asking for an additional shipping option is totally reasonable request. It will

be an option.....you can always NOT check the box. 

We all appreciate them for selling us nice games and consoles, they  appreciate us for supporting them too.  Win-Win-Win

Edited by alortegac

Collectorvision and Team Pixelboy have done a fantastic job packing the games.  So if your box is like that, but the content are safe, it due to the packing material protecting the product.  Tracking is about 19-30 dollars if shipping out of Canada if I remember correctly.

Well actually when I buy games from Pixelboy I get tracked packet for less or the same as what Collectorvision charges and they don't have tracking added. Usually I get three or up to five games at a time from Pixelboy. If they use the same then there would be no extra cost to add tracking. 

Edited by AtariBrian