IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2020

retroillucid

4 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Err..... no?
Not revealing the game is part of the Club 

But they can leak the rom image of the 2019 secret game when they are given download access by CollectorVision as far as you have stated.

Hmm, if someone can dump the game to a rom image, is that eligible for leaking?

Through it all, I have been pleasantly surprised that the 2019 secret game name or rom hasn't been leaked! Good job guys.

12 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Err..... no?
Not revealing the game is part of the Club 

Ah. Thought once the next year's club started we could reveal the previous year's game. Sucky. Alas, my legal side story must stay a mystery then. 

Very pleased.  Hole in one is pretty terrific and we don’t have enough sports games on the colecovision. I definitely would have bought this game back in the day. 

if course I had to try Vanguard.  Also a terrific release and imho would have sold well during the original colecovision run.

I didn’t try them all and I am not 100% certain but i think it was Lord of the Dungeon?  It shows up with some garbage text at the top of the screen on the Phoenix console and I could not start the game and didn’t get a chance to retry (it was almost 2am and I had to get up at 6am for work lol).  Can someone else confirm if it works ok ?

Edited by Loafer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Loafer said:

Very pleased.  Hole in one is pretty terrific and we don’t have enough sports games on the colecovision. I definitely would have bought this game back in the day. 

if course I had to try Vanguard.  Also a terrific release and imho would have sold well during the original colecovision run.

I didn’t try them all and I am not 100% certain but i think it was Lord of the Dungeon?  It shows up with some garbage text at the top of the screen on the Phoenix console and I could not start the game and didn’t get a chance to retry (it was almost 2am and I had to get up at 6am for work lol).  Can someone else confirm if it works ok ?

Lord of the Dungeon is a strange game for operating. There is a comprehensive manual done by one of the CV enthusiasts around the CV forum somewhere. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Loafer said:

Lord of the Dungeon uses a save game feature with RAM (dedicated to the save game) on the cartridge PCB backed up with a battery.  If it had been released back in 1983 it would have been the very first game cart to feature this.  To play the Lord of the Dungeon ROM the system you're playing it on must be able to replicate the save game RAM that the game expects to find in the cart.  If the the RAM is missing then you'll see some garbage on the title screen and beyond.

I have just tested LotD on the Phoenix with the following results:

• ROM via Phoenix SD : garbage on title screen and beyond.
  • ROM via AtariMax Ultimate SD : garbage on title screen and beyond.
  • CollectorVision LotD Cart Release : appears to work fine.

So, the issue appears to be that the Phoenix does not mimic the LotD save game RAM.  I've added this issue to the Phoenix ColecoVision GitHub.

BTW - the LotD ROM will play fine in CoolCV and ColEm emulators (in the latter case the Hardware > Battery-backed SRAM option must be enabled).

Edited by Ikrananka
Added this issue to the Phoenix GitHib
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Loafer said:

Hopefully they can add this save support to the Phoenix. Would require dumping that save to the sd card I gather 

That would be ideal and hopefully in the same format that CoolCV and ColEm could read so there is cross compatibility.  Although, to be honest I haven't tested to see if the save game files from CoolCV and ColEm are cross compatible but I don't see why they wouldn't be seeing as the LotD game programming should determine the format of that file.

9 hours ago, Loafer said:

I had the same issue with LOTD-  garbled text. I did stay up late as well. Love all the roms, it's good for me as I am trying to conserve shelf space.

4 hours ago, Ikrananka said:

That would be ideal and hopefully in the same format that CoolCV and ColEm could read so there is cross compatibility.  Although, to be honest I haven't tested to see if the save game files from CoolCV and ColEm are cross compatible but I don't see why they wouldn't be seeing as the LotD game programming should determine the format of that file.

Can the Atarimax compensate for this? How about some rom hacker?

That would be a question for Steve. I noticed his cart also had an issue with the Pixelboy Ghostbusters rom recently released, even though the Phoenix plays it fine.

Was going to try and reach out to him, but haven't yet. Mostly because I know he's a hard guy to get a hold of. But maybe now it's worth it considering it's more than one issue to look at. 

17 hours ago, nick3092 said:

That would be a question for Steve. I noticed his cart also had an issue with the Pixelboy Ghostbusters rom recently released, even though the Phoenix plays it fine.

Was going to try and reach out to him, but haven't yet. Mostly because I know he's a hard guy to get a hold of. But maybe now it's worth it considering it's more than one issue to look at. 

This is what Pixelboy said in his Christmas post regarding the Ghostbusters ROM and the AtarimaxSD 

Is it just me or does the CAT Scheduled Oil Sampling ROM not work in ColecoVision emulators.  I've tried CoolCV, ColEm and blueMSX.  When the game starts press any keypad key to get the game menu and then press * to start a game.  The game seems to start but appears to then just freeze with white noise.

The ROM works fine on an SD card with both the Phoenix and via an AtariMax Ultimate SD in the Phoenix and in a real CV.

1 hour ago, Ikrananka said:

Is it just me or does the CAT Scheduled Oil Sampling ROM not work in ColecoVision emulators.  I've tried CoolCV, ColEm and blueMSX.  When the game starts press any keypad key to get the game menu and then press * to start a game.  The game seems to start but appears to then just freeze with white noise.

The ROM works fine on an SD card with both the Phoenix and via an AtariMax Ultimate SD in the Phoenix and in a real CV.

I tried it in CoolCV and I had to press the O key for asterisk to begin. Could be the controller mapping. 

It does not work in BlueMSX

13 hours ago, Swami said:

I tried it in CoolCV and I had to press the O key for asterisk to begin. Could be the controller mapping. 

It does not work in BlueMSX

Nope, it's not the key mapping.  In CoolCV the game accepts my asterisk press, using the mapped key, and does move the game from the menu screen to the actual game play screen.  It's at this point where the game appears to lock up and white (engine) noise appears.  No joystick fire button or keypad press has any effect at this point.

CoolCV, ColEm and blueMSX all have the same issue.

Edited by Ikrananka