IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2020

retroillucid

3 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Okay, I've only mentioned we were just under 100 member at that point, that's all 

you 're "that's right" in the answer , was not the answer to :

Are we waiting for 100 members to buy in? Is it limited to 100 this time?

OH MY GAWD!!!!

Ok in all seriousness, thanks for the work on it.  I think most should be happy with this years choice, I mean there's no way to please everyone but it's a good game.  Kudos to all involved also in getting out within the covid19 stuff within a reasonable amount of time.

In my personal estimate, it's gonna be tough to beat this entry in next year's club.  I will now shut the hell up and go play a game.  LOL

Edited by Loafer
  • Like 2

First "spoiler free" impressions!  My intent is not to set expectations but just to put forth my own feelings on this release.  I'm a fan of the Colecovision and of the classic arcade line ups that represented the majority of its releases back in the day

I just gave it a try and it's as perfect a port as we could hope for I think. The sound is really good, the graphics are outstanding and properly reflect the game, the animation is really good and the playability is quite spot on.  When it was suggested the secret club game was a top 5 for CollectorVision Colecovision releases, I don't doubt it.  Though I've not tried all CollectorVision releases, I gotta think this AAA-level effort certainly fits that description.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Loafer said:

First "spoiler free" impressions!  My intent is not to set expectations but just to put forth my own feelings on this release.  I'm a fan of the Colecovision and of the classic arcade line ups that represented the majority of its releases back in the day

I just gave it a try and it's as perfect a port as we could hope for I think. The sound is really good, the graphics are outstanding and properly reflect the game, the animation is really good and the playability is quite spot on.  When it was suggested the secret club game was a top 5 for CollectorVision Colecovision releases, I don't doubt it.  Though I've not tried all CollectorVision releases, I gotta think this AAA-level effort certainly fits that description.

"Port", you say?  Hmmm.... my curiosity is extra piqued now.  Hoping my copy arrives soon!

Thinking about it,  hopefully mine arrives this week sometime as I'm on vacation, but if not that's OK too.   I am so happy I signed up for this club!

Even with life the way it is now (the new not normal haha)...It gives me something to look forward to. 

1 hour ago, ArcadeJunkie said:

"Port", you say?  Hmmm.... my curiosity is extra piqued now.  Hoping my copy arrives soon!

I don’t think I’m giving anything away as the devs had stated it’s aN arcade game that had not appeared on any atari, colecovision or intellivision (I think?)

4 minutes ago, Loafer said:

I don’t think I’m giving anything away as the devs had stated it’s aN arcade game that had not appeared on any atari, colecovision or intellivision (I think?)

You didn't give anything away by what you have said. They did state it was a port that hadn't been on a console before (or at least a classic console)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Loafer said:

Yeah, you didn't reveal anything ;)

We already said the game doesn't exist (yet, who knows what will happen in the future) on Atari2600, ColecoVision, Intellivision and MSX 

• Like 2