IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2020)

carlsson

This was one horrifying, stressful week for gaming around here... and that's because I picked up Alien: Isolation for the Switch and did a complete playthrough of it over the weekend! :D

vZhmwwy.jpg

Ineligible

Jurassic Park (Sega Genesis) - 118 minutes

Tomb Raider III (Sony PlayStation) - 183 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Alien: Isolation - 1,375 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,676 minutes (27 hours 56 minutes) [1,375 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 1,375 minutes

Sony PlayStation: 183 minutes

Sega Genesis: 118 minutes

It's been a long while since I did a big marathon playthrough of a game, but I downloaded Alien: Isolation on Friday evening then spent almost all day Saturday and Sunday playing through it. I had played it once before a couple years ago when I owned an Xbox One so I still remembered most of where to go and what to do, but it was still just as nerve wracking and anxiety inducing as it was to play the first time around; which for a horror game is a really good thing! To this day Alien: Isolation is still the most genuinely terrifying game I've ever played, and definitely in contention for the title my all time favorite video game in any genre. 

Outside of my brain frying Alien: Isolation marathon I also took the time to play through Jurassic Park on the Genesis again earlier this week, beating it with the velociraptor this time around, and the misses logged a few more hours in Tomb Raider III on the PlayStation once again. Looking ahead to next week I think I'll probably be playing through the extra content in Alien: Isolation, though I may take a break to play something a little less stressful and decompress for a while lol Some Sega time might do me good.

That's all the news that's fit to print for this week, so until next week and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! 

P.S.: Huge thanks to Carlsson for running both of the trackers once again this year! I know I haven't been super active on the forum for quite a while, but I still really enjoy popping in to participate in the trackers every week. :)

• Like 5

PS4 Star wars Fallen Order. 8 hours across the week which = 480 minutes.  If you know the game, it took me a while to get through my 2nd visit to Zeffo and then return to Kashyyyk.  I'm embarrassed to say that I just didn't understand a couple of the puzzles so I did grind away a bit until the solutions presented themselves. I think the stupidest design decision so far was one corridor where you must push a floor grate down in order to progress. I didn't notice that grate for a while so I ran around trying other things. I do like the game a lot, it has a lot of Tomb Raider influence which also had some super obscure levels at times along with shooting and fighting action.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Cafeman said:

PS4 Star wars Fallen Order. 8 hours across the week which = 480 minutes.  If you know the game, it took me a while to get through my 2nd visit to Zeffo and then return to Kashyyyk.  I'm embarrassed to say that I just didn't understand a couple of the puzzles so I did grind away a bit until the solutions presented themselves. I think the stupidest design decision so far was one corridor where you must push a floor grate down in order to progress. I didn't notice that grate for a while so I ran around trying other things. I do like the game a lot, it has a lot of Tomb Raider influence which also had some super obscure levels at times along with shooting and fighting action.

The puzzles, as non-intuitive as they are, pale in comparison to the struggle of finding your way back to the ship!

• Haha 1

Week 05

Top games

1. Alien: Isolation (Switch) - 1375 min. (-)
2. Cities: Skylines (PC) - 1250 min. (-)
3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 1164 min. (#1)
4. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch) - 1051 min. (-)
5. Torchlight 2 (Switch) - 846 min. (-)
6. Octopath Traveller (Switch) - 587 min. (#2)
7. Overcooked II (Xbox One) - 574 min. (#4)
8. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox One) - 512 min. (#10)
9. Star Wars: Fallen Order (PS4) - 480 min. (#9)
10. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 462 min. (#3)

Top systems

1. Switch - 3884 min. (#2)
2. Xbox One - 2836 min. (#1)
3. PC - 1475 min. (#5)
4. PS4 - 570 min. (#6)
5. Oculus Quest - 462 min. (#3)
6. Browser based - 369 min. (-)
7. iOS - 286 min. (#4)
8. Wii U - 64 min. (-)

Total 9946 minutes and 22 different games on 8 different systems.

Three out of four of the top entries are new to the tracker, with Alien: Isolation just over two hours ahead of Cities: Skylines. On the systems list, the Switch and Xbox One again switch places in a generally strong week with as many as 10 participants and certainly room for even more!

• Like 3

I started playing The Last of Us for the first time this week. I got a little over 7 hours into it and the game locked up during the auto save and everything got lost :( After doing some research its a common problem. It amazes me that a game can ship in this state. Even after the patch to fix it. Still an awesome game though and I will get back into it but not for a while.

• Sad 3

Here are my times for this past week (February 3rd through 9th) on modern systems...

Browser based:
Funny Pizza: 787 min. in 12 sessions

I heavily continued to play Funny Pizza, basically doing nearly everything you can do on one day, which unfortunately takes several hours. The tally is still missing the times of today in the afternoon, I'll add those tomorrow as I did for last week.

• Like 3

Aside from a tiny bit of dorking with Centipede on the 99/4a, I had some good Switch time in this week.  Thanks to @Skippy B. Coyote's subliminal messaging, I picked up Doom II finally.  ;)

Switch:

Doom I (remastered) -- 376 minutes

Doom II (remastered) -- 124 minutes

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch -- 1040 minutes

I've been playing through the episodes of Classic Doom on the Switch- I've finished the first two and am working on the third.  Episodes 2-4 are unfamiliar enough that I'm not sure that I even played them back then, lol. 

I never 'legit' finished Doom II; I always just used cheat codes to get to the end.  ?  Trying to play it 'right' this time.

Ni No Kuni is a super huge time sink given how grindy it is.  You'll know REAL quick if you're not a high enough level for what you're trying to do since the game throws bosses at you pretty much at every step.  Still a fantastic game, though- I think I'm about 2/3 of the way through it at a hair over 40 hours.

• Like 4

This was one of those "I have no idea what I want to play" kinda weeks after I finished up the bonus content for Alien: Isolation, so I ended up just playing a few old favorite Game Boy and Genesis games then just started playing DOOM (2016) again. :lol: Since the Switch now has two gamed named "Doom" I'm referring to the remake as DOOM (2016) for and the old school one as just Doom for tracker purposes from here on out.

Ineligible

Mortal Kombat (Sega Genesis) - 33 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man: Special Color Edition (Game Boy Color) - 16 minutes

Solar Striker (Game Boy) - 35 minutes

Tomb Raider III (PlayStation) - 283 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Alien: Isolation - 95 minutes

DOOM (2016) - 465 minutes

Final Doom - 85 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,012 minutes (16 hours 52 minutes) [645 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 645 minutes

PlayStation: 283 minutes

Game Boy: 35 minutes

Sega Genesis: 33 minutes

Game Boy Color: 16 minutes

• Like 4

PC

Cities: Skylines (1509 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (458 min)

Still play Beat Saber daily and getting better, playing expert for a challenge and hard for warm up and cool down.

Started a new city in C:S, and while I enjoy the game, it seems to lose its charm when the city hits 25k people, so I'm moving on. 

• Like 3

Week 06

Top games

1. Cities: Skylines (PC) - 1509 min. (#2)
2. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch) - 1040 min. (#4)
3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 991 min. (#3)
4. Funny Pizza (Browser based) - 934 min.
5. Overcooked II (Xbox One) - 540 min. (#7)
6. DOOM (2016 reboot) (Switch) - 465 min.
7. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 458 min. (#10)
8. Last of Us, The (PS3) - 420 min.
9. Doom I (Remastered): SIGIL / Classic (Switch) - 376 min.

10. Diablo III (PS3) - 300 min.

10. Star Wars: Fallen Order (PS4) - 300 min. (#9)

Top systems

1. Switch - 2185 min. (#1)
2. Xbox One - 2012 min. (#2)
3. PC - 1509 min. (#3)
4. Browser based - 934 min. (#6)
5. PS3 - 720 min.
6. Oculus Quest - 458 min. (#5)
7. PS4 - 300 min. (#4)
8. iOS - 223 min. (#7)

Total 8341 minutes and 19 different games on 8 different systems.

I hope I got the various Switch DOOMs listed correctly. Otherwise a varied week where Alien: Isolation drops from #1 to #16 (outside of the top list) but #2-#4 remain in the top. We got a good turnout of participants and systems where the Switch by a margin just under three hours takes the title, and a strong week for browser based gaming.

• Like 3

Here are my times for this week (February 10th through 16th) on modern systems...

Browser based:

Adios Amoebas! - 40 min.

Funny Pizza - 109 min. in 4 sessions

Rail Shuffle - 6 min.

This week I finished playing Funny Pizza because I've now seen nearly every game element there is, except one for which I'd have to bake another 100 items.

Then I played two Java games by Karl Hornell which you can find on his page Javaonthebrain.com, but you have to add his site to the exception list because his Java applets are detected as being unsafe though they are in fact completely harmless.

Rail Shuffle is a variation on the arcade game Loco-Motion and the Intellivision game Happy Trails where you have to re-shuffle train tracks to have the train pick up all the bags. But it's pretty hard in that the board is more sparsely populated with tracks so you have to shift quite some pieces around to get something that makes sense. And in Level 2, you're already dealing with two trains at once!

Adios Amoebas is a bit similar to Pengo. You are on a 9x9 playfield, and Amoebas get swapped in which you have to either shoot or crush by moving weights. For shooting you have to regularly pick up ammunition, and in later levels the Amoebas start to fire back at you. I haven't played this in a long time, but it still works, at least on lower Java versions. I think this would actually be a good candidate for a de-make to 8-bit systems and consoles since it looks like it could perfectly work on many of them, at least as long as they are tile-based or have a hi-res bitmap screen.

• Like 4