IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2020 (Season 13)

carlsson

A long list of TurboGrafx Games this week...

TG-16

Blazing Lazers - 32 min

Bloody Wolf - 5 min

Bomberman - 7 min

Bomberman 93 - 2 min

Bonk's Adventure - 22 min

Bonk's Revenge - 13 min

Bonk 3 - 28 min 

Bravoman - 4 min

Bubblegum Crash - 15 min

Burning Angels - 8 min

Cadash - 10 min

Chew Man Fu - 2 min

China Warrior - 3 min

Coryoon - 2 min

Cratermaze - 7 min

Cybercore - 11 min

Daisenpu - 4 min

Darius Alpha - 1 min  (I knew I wouldn't last long on this one... )

Darkwing Duck - 4 min

Dead Moon - 6 min

Deep Blue - 3 min

Twin Bee - 3 min

Devil's Crush - 2 min

Double Dungeons 3 min

Download - 5 min

Dragon Egg - 5 min

Dragon Spirit - 3 min

Dragon's Curse - 12 min

Drop Off - 5 min

Dungeon Explorer - 7 min

Dungeons and Dragons Order of the Griffon - 15 min

• Like 5

Not much over here this time; it's almost all on modern side. Normally I don't care about Halloween at all, but I did play Dracula X (a different Dracula X from last time) for Halloween for some reason. I apparently have become bad at the game since I actually died. It shouldn't take me more than an hour to beat this game, but it did this time. How shameful.

Genesis/MD
Sonic 3 Complete - 20

Neo Geo AES/MVS
Neo Turf Masters - 19

PC Engine
Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo - 69

• Like 4

A little time to add... played these before midnight last night, so they count!  lol  Also had a somewhat Halloween themed soda.  

TurboGrafx-16

Alien Crush - 60 min (Best game was 9,676,400)

Blazing Lazers - 24 min 

Devil's Crush - 60 min (Best game was 13,226,400)

R-Type - 38 min

thumbnail_IMG_6682.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6686.jpg

• Like 4

Here are my times:

NES:

NARC- 7 1/2 minutes

Burgertime- 5 minutes

Maxi 15 (unlicensed)- 6 minutes

Atari 2600:

Demon Attack- 2 minutes

Q*bert- 7 1/2 minutes

Spiderman- 6 minutes

Porky's- 8 minutes

Frogger (Starpath version)- 3 1/2 minutes

Frogs and flies- 8 minutes

Taz- 5 minutes

Tapper- 9 minutes

Missile Command- 8 minutes

Cat Trax- 5 1/2 minutes

Star Wars- Empire Strikes Back- 7 1/2 minutes

Smurfs Rescue in Gargamel's Castle- 6 minutes

Solaris- 4 minutes

Time Pilot- 5 1/2 minutes 

Stampede- 7 minutes

Wizard of Wor- 2 1/2 minutes

TRON: Deadly Discs- 8 minutes

Bachelor Party- 2 1/2 minutes

Burning Desire- 3 minutes

• Like 4

Here are my times for this past week (October 26th through November 1st) on classic systems...

Arcade:

Jr. Pac-Man - 39 min. in 2 sessions

Atari 7800:

Popeye (Mini Game version) - 22 min.

Commodore 64:

Park Patrol - 17 min.

This week I played a game of Park Patrol after not having played it for a longer time, and 2 sessions of Jr. Pac-Man. Nothing exciting there. A new game I didn't play yet is Popeye on the Atari 7800, which is still in development, but only the mini game version is available for download which basically has the first level only, also with some simplifications, which repeats ad nauseum. There is a full version, but no binary of it has been posted, only a Youtube video is available. It plays pretty fine, but it seems a bit harder than the arcade version as far as I can tell, with slightly bigger sprites and less room to avoid things.

• Like 4

ATARI 2600:

Pac-Man - 165 minutes

Picnic (for HSC) - 40 minutes

Space Invaders - 33 minutes

Warlords - 17 minutes

On 2600 NEW HSC Season 10 Gold Medal Tournament, I was the first participant to concede and join in the Paper Medal Knockout.

On Picnic, I got closer to reach 10,000 mark and then beat my opponent's score (10,280 points).

ATARI 7800:

Dig Dug (for HSC) - 15 minutes

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK:

1) My 2600 Pac-Man gameplay footage - Game 1 A/A - Score 6100

2) My 2600 Space Invaders gameplay footage - Game 1 A/A - Score 12,175 (one rollover)

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 4

My times for the week:

Atari 2600:
Checkers (Activision) - 9 min.
Glacier Patrol - 8 min.

Atari Jaguar:
Action Fighter - 7 min.
Aircars - 15 min.
Beebris - 17 min.
Cybernoid 2 - 1 min.
HMS Raptor - 4 min.
Protector SE - 16 min.
Rick Dangerous - 10 min.
Skyhammer - 8 min.
Soccer Kid - 3 min.
Super Burnout - 6 min.
Supercross 3D - 5 min.
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles - 4 min.
Tiny Toon Adventures - 2 min.
Zero 5 - 5 min.

PlayStation:
Evil Zone - 221 min.
Resident Evil - 37 min.
Rescue Copter - 80 min.

Beat Evil Zone.

On the Jaguar list, note that Action Fighter, Cybernoid 2, Rick Dangerous, and TMHT are all Atari ST games ported to Jaguar. But they should have enough differences (especially sound) to count on their own, and in any event it's a bit like Atari 8-bit vs. 5200 anyway (in that we count 5200 games as their own thing even if they're essentially identical to the 8-bit computer copies).

• Like 4

A2600

Drive! 63

Kaboom! 226 (personal best 40,897)

Kaboom!9 8

Medieval Mayhem 21

Sadoom!+ 108

Solar Storm 6

Super Breakout 69

Tac-Scan 13

Warlords 10

Well, I achieved my goal of reaching 30k in Kaboom! and went right past it to 40k.  I guess my next milestone is 50k in that game.

PXL_20201101_154052707.thumb.jpg.73b2c2f0cacd47379bd4280ba80bc6aa.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Atarian7 said:

That's a good Kaboom! score wongojack.

You'll probably reach 999,999 before I do. 

Right, totally.  If I continue to play the game 250-300 minutes a week for the next 100 weeks, I should cross 1mil after about 96 weeks or so.

Something tells me that isn't happening - lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Atarian7 said:

That's a good Kaboom! score wongojack.

You'll probably reach 999,999 before I do. 

Do you have a Harmony Cart? (or equivalent?).  If you do, you should really play Sadoom+ on real hardware.  It might be the thing to get you back in the groove again.  If you don't have one then we really need to figure out a way to get you Sadoom+ on a cart.

• Like 2

It was a really eventful week for gaming this past week! I didn't play a whole ton of games, but ended up getting gifted an Xbox One and a really nice premium headset! In the weirdest turn of events, while I was sitting out on the porch smoking a cigarette Sunday afternoon I ran into a neighbor in my apartment building who was moving out and he asked if he could bum a smoke from me. I said sure and gave him one, he sat down with me and started smoking, then asked if I would like an Xbox One in return! I was totally flabbergasted but he was absolutely serious, saying that he had switched to doing all his gaming on PC and didn't have any use for it. I gladly accepted so he went back upstairs, did a factory reset on the system, and brought me down a like-new condition 1 TB Xbox One with the controller, all the cables, and a brand new SteelSeries Arctis 1 headset! 

I immediately set about creating an account and signing up for Game Pass, a Netflix-like service on the Xbox that lets you download and play hundreds of popular and often brand new games for $15 a month, then downloaded and started playing DOOM Eternal. I had an absolute blast with DOOM Eternal and played it all week until I beat it Saturday morning, then Game Pass downloaded and spent the last couple days of the week playing the utterly terrifying Resident Evil 7 for Halloween. I'm still playing through Resident Evil 7 right now and probably will be for much of the next week, but I'm having a great time playing it so I'm in no rush to finish it. 

As far as retro gaming goes, my only classic tracker eligible time for this past week was the couple hours I spent playing City Defence on the 2600 for the gold medal bracket tournament of the HSC, but sadly I ended up losing to ZilchSr in the first round so it's off to the paper medal bracket for me next week. He is an absolutely godlike Atari player though, so if there was anyone I wouldn't feel bad about losing to it would be him. That's all the news from around here for this week! Until next week, and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours. :)

1032308435_20201025_174619_HDR2.thumb.jpg.d91f82a3117cf7ec4eab05b71f5cea17.jpg

Ineligible

DOOM Eternal (Xbox One) - 1,310 minutes

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (Xbox One) - 289 minutes

Atari 2600

City Defence - 119 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,718 minutes (28 hours 38 minutes) [119 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Xbox One: 1,599 minutes

Atari 2600: 119 minutes

• Like 7

Didn't play much for the week, but the games I played had a Halloween theme to them.

NIntendo

Nightmare on Elm Street   - 10 Minutes     I really enjoy playing this game, and I think it is one of the best horror games on the NES. You go around collecting Freddy Krueger's bones, and he appears in different forms on the different levels.

TurboGrafx 16

Splatterhouse                     - 5 Minutes     This was the first time I have ever played this game on this system. I remember seeing it in magazines when I was a kid, but never played it on the TurboGrafx 16. This is a really good hack and slash game.

Sega Genesis

Splatterhouse 2                -10 Minutes       I actually preferred this game to the original one on the TurboGrafx16, but both are really good games if you like old school horror games.

Splatterhouse 3                - 20 Minutes    They went in a whole different direction with this game. It is not as linear as the first two games. You walk through a mansion, but has puzzle-like elements by making you try to figure out which door to go through to progress throughout the game.

Out of the 4 Jason Voorhees style of games I've played over the past couple of weeks, I think Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti was the most fun to play.

Edited by Nintendo64
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, wongojack said:

Kaboom! 226 (personal best 40,897)

That is really an unbelievable score, well done. I think If i played that game for the rest of my life I don't think I could get half of that score. I will try to play some more of kaboom this week.

On 11/1/2020 at 6:44 PM, Atarian7 said:

Solar Fox - 77 minutes

20 hours ago, agb said:

Solar Fox 158 mins.

You both seem to really like this game. It seems like a really calming game, at least in the beginning, and I am going to try to play this one as well during the next week.

On 11/1/2020 at 5:16 PM, carlsson said:

Atari 8-bit:
Millipede - 34  min.

This also looks like a fun game.  Ive played centipede many times, but am not sure If Ive ever played Millipede.

4 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

It was a really eventful week for gaming this past week! I didn't play a whole ton of games, but ended up getting gifted an Xbox One and a really nice premium headset!

Very Nice trade, that was really nice of your neighbor to do that.

Edited by Nintendo64
  • Like 4

Here's the summary for Week 44, running from October 26 - November 1. We logged 2916 minutes of eligible play, playing 100 games on a total of 11 systems.

Top 10:

1. Enduro (Atari 2600) - 370 min. (#6)
2. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 337 min. (#2)
3. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 235 min. (#3)
4. Evil Zone (PlayStation) - 221 min.
5. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 165 min.
6. City Defence (Atari 2600) - 119 min.
7. Sadoom!+ [hack of Kaboom!] (Atari 2600) - 108 min. (#10)
8. Rescue Copter (PlayStation) - 80 min.
9. Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (TG-16/PC Engine) - 69 min.
9. Super Breakout (Atari 2600) - 69 min. (#9)

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Enduro (Atari 2600) - 370 min. (PN#4)
2. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 337 min. (PN#1)
3. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 235 min. (PN#2)
4. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 165 min.
5. City Defence (Atari 2600) - 119 min. (PN#10)
6. Sadoom!+ [hack of Kaboom!] (Atari 2600) - 108 min. (PN#7)
7. Super Breakout (Atari 2600) - 69 min. (PN#6)
8. Drive! (Atari 2600) - 63 min. (PN#8)
9. Picnic (Atari 2600) - 40 min.
10. Jr. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 39 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (1761) (#1)
2. TG-16/PC Engine (490) (#6)
3. PlayStation (338) (#2)
4. Atari Jaguar (103)
5. Genesis (50)
6. Arcade (39) (#9)
7. Atari 7800 (37) (#7)
8. Atari 8-bit (34)
9. NES/Famicom (28) (#4)
10. Neo Geo AES/MVS (19) (#3)

The three Atari 2600 games Enduro, Kaboom! (both Activision) and Solar Fox (CBS) dominate both the overall and pre-NES lists this week, and together make up 53% of the total times for the system. Two PlayStation games, one PC Engine game and one arcade game also make the lists.

Blazing Lazers (TG-16/PC Engine) becomes member #421 in the 1000 Minute Club with a total of 1028 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Atari 2600:
Breakout - 10 min.

Atari 8-bit:
Millipede - 32 min.

The game of Breakout is an estimate, played at 2:30 AM on night to Saturday when I wanted to see how I could connect my AFP to a bigger TV. After a lot of fiddling with various cables and realizing that the handheld needs to be powered off when the cable is inserted in order for it to detect it on power on, finally I got a game going. Also the bulb in my bed lamp broke down at this same moment, after surely 15-20 years of proper service. It caused me to scurry around for a replacement bulb. The only one I could find at first was a low energy one that apparently didn't get full contact with the socket, but worked in another window lamp. Unfortunately the bulb in that lamp was broken since many years ago, but since I never use it I hadn't noticed. Finally I realized I had one more stash of spare E14 bulbs and found the last one of those, so I could get a working bed lamp again... lots of off-topic here only in order to play a game of Breakout.

Millipede was the ending of the A8 HSC round. I never got the recommended file version to load on my SIO2SD and neither did the bonus game, so I used an alternative one that seemed to be fine.

• Like 4

Yeah, I had trouble getting my portable to work on a TV.  Ordered a new cable and still didn't work.  Only then did I figure out I needed to fiddle more with the unit itself and it came up.  Did yours look okay?  Mine had some strangeness on the graphics.  Like it didn't like being shown on a larger screen.

• Like 2

I have to post this here because it's a big deal for me.  After about 6 years of owning the game, I finally cleared level 10 of Monster Manor on the 3DO.  It's a notoriously frustrating map with a ton of enemies and hardly any ammo to deal with them.  Worse still, there are many dead ends that will unleash hordes of spiders and grim reapers that you won't be able to defend yourself against due to the sparse ammo dumps.  This took me roughly an hour to complete.  Here's the map in case anyone else out there is struggling with this level.  Even the game's developer couldn't finish it during his playthrough on youtube.

@thegoldenband you might appreciate this one!

The yellow dot is the location of the talisman piece you need to exit the level and the exit is marked by the white X in the bottom left corner, just above the red + sign which is me.

Monster_Manor_lvl_10_finished.jpg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Eltigro said:

Did yours look okay? 

As far as I can tell, yes. Actually I found that it works with a regular two jack cable, i.e. only tip and one sleeve for mono audio. I tried an adapter with tip, ring and sleeve too but I'm not sure if it made any difference, i.e. a second audio channel.

3 minutes ago, zetastrike said:

Monster Manor on the 3DO.

Would you like to add any number of minutes for your achievement, this week or possibly combined if you didn't count it before?

• Like 2