IGNORED

Sound loop programming for HandyMusic

karri

I got a new piano for 2020 as a surprise from my wife. It is an absolutely adorable Nord Grand. Compared to the Lynx it sounds like a dream come true.

While reading the manual I found out that you can create your own instruments from your own samples. This led to ideas of how to connect the kbd to the Lynx etc.

But after a while I realized that the optimal Handy Music composer could be easier to create on a tablet!

The plan is to record the good sounds of the instruments from a real Lynx. Like the sounds that are used in my games.

The goal is to create loop sounds that can be repeated. There would be three levels in the composer.

Top level: Tempo

Compose level: Blocks to play
Block level: Interactive drums for creating sfx and interactive piano for melody patterns.

Once the blocks are complete you could create small loops like with 

The output format would be SASS source that can directly be compiled and used in games.

Anyone interested to join in on developement?

2 hours ago, sage said:

so you want your keyboard sound like a lynx, not connect the keyboard by midi to a real lynx?

The MIDI route works already. But I found out that it is not optimal for my workflow.

What I really need is small repeatable patterns. Mainly due to the tiny RAM in the Lynx.

So I gave this some thought and the way to make an usable arranger for the Lynx could be by making loops instead of decoding a large stream.