IGNORED

Fun with tiles: another weekend experiment

cmadruga

Well, actually I don’t know yet... I always thought of this game as a diamond in the rough.
It’s a tactical action game that involves puzzle elements and calculated combat interactions.

However, execution was unfortunately very poor.

I’ve been thinking about how it could be done a little differently, and possibly with a different theme.

Pretty impressive.  The jumping animation is great.  Kind of reminds me of the Intellivision version of Zaxxon except nice looking and fun.   
But what is my motivation? ?  I role play all my Intellivision games. ?

Am I being chased?  Do I have a fish addiction and I need that next hit?  Share with me your vision.   ?   

While we're discussing various Konami games, I wouldn't mind if someone made an attempt at a Quarth/Block Hole port. Perhaps the playfield needs to be rotated 90 degrees to make use of at least 20 columns. It is a game I've been thinking about trying to port to various systems for many years, but I don't have the logic skills to wrap my head around how to implement the routine to check for filled squares and in particular chain effects. Things like Tetris, Columns, Bejeweled are no problems for me but this one seems to require a different mindset.

• Like 1

I love Penguin Adventure, maybe because Kojima had a hand in it? But it is a megarom game (on the MSX) for a reason... lots of background graphics, etc.

I’m thinking at this point to continue with Antarctic Adventure. The hardest part seems to be rescaling and adapting graphics to Inty’s resolution. That ice bridge still looks too wide vs the original, I need to polish it.

Edited by cmadruga
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, carlsson said:

While we're discussing various Konami games, I wouldn't mind if someone made an attempt at a Quarth/Block Hole port. Perhaps the playfield needs to be rotated 90 degrees to make use of at least 20 columns. It is a game I've been thinking about trying to port to various systems for many years, but I don't have the logic skills to wrap my head around how to implement the routine to check for filled squares and in particular chain effects. Things like Tetris, Columns, Bejeweled are no problems for me but this one seems to require a different mindset.

Quarth is one of my favorite puzzle games.  The Famicom has a very fun port of the arcade game.   I have dabbled a bit with this on the Intellivision, but ran into the same issue, and didn't stick with it for too long.  I've run into a similar issue with pathfinding AI routines, which prompted me to stop working on a clone of Lode Runner.

• Like 1