IGNORED

HSC Season 17 Welcome and Games Suggestions

19 minutes ago, carlsson said:

At least 20 people have voted in the poll for round 1, so that should hopefully give a good turnout.

I can't remember the record but we had over 30 players one year for round 1, I figure we need 30 to have 10 left by the end of season!

I've now offered prizes and will start the mail blitz tomorrow. I want all HSC players to walk around their towns wearing one of those advertising board things and see how many of you get arrested :D 

Good to see McKong Bro has voted, I look forward to the avatar, you guys probably didn't see the one for Mrs MKong, it still makes me laugh just thinking of it :thumbsup:

I've just voted for all the games as I like them all, currently DK and Joust battling it out, if we get enough participation I might stick to 7 game polls this season.

Having multiple rounds at the same time did not work so well before, I've committed to 9 rounds of 1-2 games so let's see how it goes.

Better service the joysticks :)

• Like 1

In my list, I meant the Moon Patrol Redux, not the earlier Arcade version that matched arcade colors only. But I guess we can scratch that from my list since I was just in the MPR thread and noticed comments about playing it already in HSC.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

We just started the first round - Joust. The only thing you need to do is to play the game and post a score before the round ends. Optionally you submit a screenshot. Nowhere to sign up or any requirement to participate regularly, though of course it is more fun the more time you can devote to playing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In random order

Seaquest

Stampede

Midnight Magic 2600 port

Zybex

Flip and Flop (ooh I love this game)

Pac man jr. Glenn the 5200 man version

Pac Man (tep392 version)

Flowers Mania (too bad it is finished too soon)

Thetris 

Atlantis

Missile command

Millipede

Crossfire

Oilswell

Edited by Marius
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, McKong said:

H.E.R.O
Henry's House
LA SWAT
YOOMP!

Manic Miner

Super Pac-Man

Jet Set Willy 2019

Great Escape

Skool Daze

Sector Wars

Bruce Lee ROF (I'm putting it back on cos the project is moving again!)

You've probably seen from the polls so far that many of us are not keen on the Speccy ports so you might want to add some others, though I might do some individual player polls later in the season like last year ;)

54 minutes ago, therealbountybob said:

You've probably seen from the polls so far that many of us are not keen on the Speccy ports so you might want to add some others, though I might do some individual player polls later in the season like last year ;)

I just thought it would be nice to play them to support the dev effort that went into porting them. I didnt like the spectrum but Jet Set Willy and Manic Miner are great games. I've got no idea how good Skool Daze or The Great Escape are cos I haven't played them before 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe we can play something new? Anyone can create a new game? Everyone knows atari basic? Maybe you need to create a contest for a new game? 2 -3 ... 4 weeks - is it time to create simple games? I think this HSC round will be great. If there are people willing, I am ready to create a special game for this competition. Just like the "Write Se" competition for atarionline.pl :) Think if it makes sense? I think he does. Even a simple character game on Atari Basic. Whatever you come up with :)

Edited by Caco
  • Like 1

For that matter, we do play new or improved games every now and then. Earlier this year we played four of Jon Williams' existing games, updated for 2020. We also played trbb's own Block (or is that Blok?) on Legs. We also played the hacked version Montezuma Again! and the latest version of Bosconian. Last year we played the Moon Patrol Redux and a huge load of new and updated games which were part of the various GOTY awards.

Feel free to develop a game, either for your own fun or to be part of one of many competitions. We'll surely look into playing it. I'm not so sure that the majority of the HSC players know how to make their own games though, so that might be asking too much. Personally I program retro games for several other systems, but have never gotten into the Atari 8-bit, even in BASIC. I could probably do it if I was forced to, but currently my coding priorities are elsewhere.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2020 at 12:36 AM, carlsson said:

For that matter, we do play new or improved games every now and then. Earlier this year we played four of Jon Williams' existing games, updated for 2020. We also played trbb's own Block (or is that Blok?) on Legs. We also played the hacked version Montezuma Again! and the latest version of Bosconian. Last year we played the Moon Patrol Redux and a huge load of new and updated games which were part of the various GOTY awards.

Feel free to develop a game, either for your own fun or to be part of one of many competitions. We'll surely look into playing it. I'm not so sure that the majority of the HSC players know how to make their own games though, so that might be asking too much. Personally I program retro games for several other systems, but have never gotten into the Atari 8-bit, even in BASIC. I could probably do it if I was forced to, but currently my coding priorities are elsewhere.

Hi. Maybe we can create a very simple game of basic atari together? I wrote a few simple games. We will create a game together. :)

Edited by Caco
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

H.E.R.O
Henry's House
LA SWAT
YOOMP!

Manic Miner

Super Pac-Man

Jet Set Willy 2019

Great Escape

Skool Daze

Sector Wars

Cavernia

Bruce Lee ROF (I'm putting it back on cos the project is moving again!)

Added Cavernia, I just played it for a few minutes and it seems ok

Edited by McKong
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 12:21 AM, Caco said:

Anyone can create a new game? Maybe you need to create a contest for a new game?

Up until the other day, I was not aware about The Arcade Machine by Broderbund. While none of the games created with it has a score higher than 5.1 on Atarimania, perhaps that could be a fun task for sometime in 2021, if some people take time to prepare their own games using it. The limit at 5 levels and then repeating the last level possibly makes those games less HSC worthy, unless of course you can create each level to be damn bloody difficult so it takes a top player to even reach level 5.