IGNORED

OKGE Updates...All should read!!!

-^CrossBow^-

Yes! Finally a few update for the upcoming September OKGE. First there has been a relocation for this show. Suffice it to say that I am getting more interest in the show than I had originally planned for so I had to find a larger facility. Good news is the new facility is much larger, nicer, and generally more suited for something like this.

Additionally a few more exhibitors have agreed to attend. Including Shane Kukiattikoon who is hosting the $1000 SNES Super Mario Kart Challenge has agreed to bring his challenge to OKGE! We are working on getting more vendors at this point as we pretty much have the sponsorships complete. I also plan to have at least one or two tables setup for those wishing to bring dupes to the show for trade. I encourage all who would like to attend to please look over the website once more and email if you wish to reserve a table ASAP!

http://www.ivorytower.emuviews.com/okge

Hope to see you all there! 8)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, quick question for those attending OKGE and interested in the Odyssey2 (I know, I just narrowed this down to what, thee people?). :D

What O2 games do YOU want to see? I've got some of the rarest ones such as Power Lords, Frogger and Loony Balloon, but which games to YOU want to play while you're there? I don't want to bring the whole collection, but I DO want to make sure that I'm bringing stuff that everyone wants to play. :wink:

OK, quick question for those attending OKGE and interested in the Odyssey2 (I know, I just narrowed this down to what, thee people?).  :D

I do have a fairly complete O2 library, but I've never really played with any of The Voice! games. It would be cool to see that setup, although I don't know if it'lll be loud enough to be heard over the din of everything else. :)

..Al

You'd be surprised, actually, how loud that thing can get on full-blast, so I'll make sure to bring those games.  Especially Smithereens - best party game I have in my whole collection, bar none.  Gets 'em every time.   :D

Now you have me quite curious, as I've never played Smithereens. I mean, "Smithereens!" :) Please do bring it, I'm sure we'll have a blast! After all, it is the precursor to Rampart (which is also a great game!)

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I rarely post on here, and you probably don't know me, but I've been a classic gaming fan for a long, long time. I have sooooo much stuff it's not even funny (including a perfectly working Vectrex!). I applied for some tables tonight, and I'm waiting for a reply, so don't be surprised if you see me in the exhibitors area! I hope to see you all there! The best part? I live RIGHT behind the Hilton! Awesome!

And I have a question, Crosbow. Wlll televisions be made available to either exhibitors or vendors? If only vendors get tv's, I'll gladly pony up the 10 beans so I can hook up my mint condition Atari 7800 or something for folks to try out. I'll probably be bringing my uber-extensive collection of Commodore stuff, too (I have 22 working Commodore 64's and 18 working Vic-20's, but I think one of each will suffice!), and it'd be cool if I could toss one on a tv and stick a game in it. Thanks in advance! And if you live in Tulsa, maybe we could meet sometime to talk some detail about this?

The OKGE has gotten some fantastic response! So much so in fact, that at this time, all the tables have now been spoken for! We already have a standby list with those waiting for any cancellations.

Please be sure to visit the OKGE webiste and take a look at the Vendors and Exhibitors pages to get the latest on who will be there!

It is also my pleasure to announce that Amini's Galleria in Tulsa, OK. has agreed to attend the OKGE and bring some arcade games and perhaps a pinball machine or two for play at the OKGE! In addition Amini's Galleria will also bring with them a complete X-Arcade Entertainment Center and ArcadePC cabinet setups for display and play!

Stay tuned ...

• 1 month later...

One more call for Odyssey2 games to bring...any suggestions? It's pretty much a given that I'll be bringing the Challenger Series games (K.C. Munchkin, Pick Axe Pete, Killer Bees, UFO, etc.), imports and third-party carts, but I'm open to other suggestions.

See ya guys in a week and a half. I'm pumped like a Pooka in a hot game of Dig Dug.

That just sounds so wrong now that I go back and read it again

Sorry to hear you guys are gonna miss it. I was looking forward to meeting the whole AA gang. :sad: But when Jess is already saying things like "first annual OKGE" and "next year," I have a feeling we'll still get that chance. Assuming I don't make it to AGE II first. :D

Get to feeling better. I'm sure abundant pictures will be taken!

Since my last posting on the OKGE there have been a few changes. All the tables have been filled for the show and the floor space is gonna be packed to fit us all in there...hehe

That aside anyone who has looked at the page recently may have noticed a few changes to the sponsors listed on the main page. First Subway has agreed to some sponsorship along with a local radio station here Mix96 (Largely an 80s music station). Additionally a few copies of the Video Game Bible will be generously donated to the OKGE to be used as door prizes and as part of the main prize package to the winner of the Classic Gaming Tourney.

A few more exhibitors and vendors have been added since I last spoke of this show as well. We now have WarpZone Video Games coming down to the show from the distant lands we call Minnesota! They will bringing up as much as they can cram onto 2 tables at the OKGE and will bring with them the Treamcast for display and sell! Also joining the Vendors will be PCs and Stuff from Joplin, Missouri. They specialize in fixing the consoles we use so well. They will have a few dissected consoles on display showing the quality of their work so that we don't have to break into our own!

The exhibitors list has grown too much to list here in this post but suffice it to say that nearly all classic systems will be represented at the show in some form or another including the mighty Neo-Geo (Of which I still can't afford..hehe)!

StrikeNet has listened to the suggestions of myself and few others and agreed to a smaller tournament at the show to include a 2 on 2 teams Halo Tournament! Too bad I can't play this game to save my life...but the rest of you can have fun!

For further details and a complete list of current events, exhibitors, and vendors, please visit the OKGE website.

• 2 weeks later...
Is that a new Climber 5 or the one from AGE?  If it's not and you don't need it the AGE one any more, can I have it? ;)

Same one from AGE. Let's see:

Climber 5: Same as AGE

Backfire: New (newer than the binary on AA, even)

Adventure II: New

Homestar Runner: Same

Tank AI: Same

Bounce!: New

Gravity Ball: Same

JoustPong: New

Space Invaders Collection: New

The Backfire label came out a bit blurry in the picture, the real thing looks great. :)

..Al

How can you not like the green labels? They catch your attention and give you all the informaion you need quickly and efficiently in a nicely designed package. Obviously these were not meant to be sold and as suh they will be rare collectors labels for these one-of-a-kind demo labels. I think they are very nice. Good job Albert, bravo!

No comments on the brand new SIC label or is that happening in a different area round here?

;)

Archived