IGNORED

After Hours BBS Program

9640News

• 1 month later...

I'm waiting on Matt to update the TIPI with something I found.  I think if what I found is addressed, it will resolve most, if not all the underlying issues.  If it is not resolved, I am going to have to see if I can modify the RECVMSG routine to address a non-responsive condition for the READ routine.  I haven't don't want to go down that route if I don't have too as I do not know if that would hang up any of the PI services.

Beery

• Like 3

On 3/7/2020 at 1:18 PM, arcadeshopper said:

how goes this?

Just an update.  Matt's latest software update to 1.51 for the TIPI resolved the issue I was encountering with receiving data and a non-responsive client requiring a timeout/reset.  Thus far, everything is working except for the Xmodem Upload.  

I need to get that resolved, then I will be ready to start putting that through some testing.

Beery

• Like 6

OK, I have been testing the current codebase for the TIPI version of AfterHours for the past 24 hours.  If folks want to check things out, please telnet into:

URL:  9640news.ddns.net

PORT: 9918

I do not have the best internet connection due to being on the very end of the AT&T line.  When it storms, or just whenever, the cable modem connection is subject to being dropped.  Unfortunately, I have no other internet connection where I live.  It is what it is.

Feel free to try the board out and feel free to leave either comments on the BBS or on here.  

Beery

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

OK, I have been testing the current codebase for the TIPI version of AfterHours for the past 24 hours.  If folks want to check things out, please telnet into:

URL:  9640news.ddns.net

PORT: 9918

I do not have the best internet connection due to being on the very end of the AT&T line.  When it storms, or just whenever, the cable modem connection is subject to being dropped.  Unfortunately, I have no other internet connection where I live.  It is what it is.

Feel free to try the board out and feel free to leave either comments on the BBS or on here.  

Beery

I tried to connect a few minutes ago and just a blinking cursor.

33 minutes ago, wolhess said:

Hi, I got the registration procedure, but after the registration the connection lost right now. Any further trial, I get Network error: Connection refused.

Thanks for that feedback.  I rebooted the program right before leaving for work.  It's been quite some time since I went through the registration procedure.  I will test that out tonight to see if there is something amiss.  I just checked and either someone is on the board right now, or the system is not accessible.

Will need to do some more investigation...…….

Beery

• Like 3

12 hours ago, wolhess said:

Hi, I got the registration procedure, but after the registration the connection lost right now. Any further trial, I get Network error: Connection refused.

You should be able to get on now.  Seems like the accountfile was corrupted.  Not sure how/why, but it was.  I copied a replacement accountfile over from my developer system and it would create the new account.

So, please try 9640news.ddns.net  at Port 9918 .  

I will be around my systems for the next 2+ hours and will be watching the system.

Beery

I was able to connect with the command line telnet program however, the characters are doubled (think half duplex using a modem/terminal).   If you are managing the telnet connection yourself, you might need to send an IAC command or two to suppress the echo.  I did something like this for Heatwave back when I was running a raw connection.

Yes, I am managing the connection myself.  Need to figure out what the IAC command is.  I saw your attempt to login, but did not understand what the issue was until I tried connecting via my telnet connection.  I've got so used to that double-echo on the Windows telnet client, I forgot about it.  

Best bet until I find the right sequence is to call in with a TI application or something the user has echo control.

Beery

13 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

I was able to connect with the command line telnet program however, the characters are doubled (think half duplex using a modem/terminal).   If you are managing the telnet connection yourself, you might need to send an IAC command or two to suppress the echo.  I did something like this for Heatwave back when I was running a raw connection.

20 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

I connected and started going through the NEW User registration.  Entered my handle and got immediately disconnected.

Was that today (3/12)?  It's 9:14 EST, so was that in the past hour or so?   I just created a new account and had no issue with the login.

I posted a note to Matt in the Development area and I think there is something going on in the TIPI/PI interface.  

Beery

1 minute ago, BeeryMiller said:

Was that today (3/12)?  It's 9:14 EST, so was that in the past hour or so?   I just created a new account and had no issue with the login.

I posted a note to Matt in the Development area and I think there is something going on in the TIPI/PI interface.  

Beery

Yes, it was less than an hour ago.  I should add, that I tried it from my Geneve with MyTerm.

Edited by Shift838

4 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

ok I got in this time, and made an account.. hung up and logged back on again fine

Greg

Saw the call.  I'm thinking there is some kind of underlying issue on the PI.  At least that is my theory at the moment.

Beery