IGNORED

Next Season

asponge

We're in the final round of the season.  I hope everyone's enjoyed the competition.  For next season I'm going to change up the scoring a bit so that the points earned do not depend on the number of players in a given round. 

Here's the new score chart:

Points.png.b0f039e3d1241dcdf7053eba11d43e2b.png

To add some variety, and incorporate games into the compeition that don't necessarily keep score, I had the thought to include specific game challenges for players to earn bonus season points.  For example players could earn bonus points for every boss defeated in Mega Man 2 or maybe getting a screenshot of successfully landing on the aircraft carrier in Top Gun.  Really it could be anything.  Challenges would run concurrently with the normal season rounds and players would have the entire season to complete whatever bonuses they care to participate in.    Any completed bonuses would be immediately added to their score.

Please let me know if that's something you're interested in including next season or if you'd prefer to just keep things the way they are.

Finally, I want to see if anyone has game requests for season 17.  Here is the current list of requests from past seasons that we haven't gotten to yet:

Adventures of Bayou Billy
Arkista's Ring
Bad Dudes
Blade Buster
Choujikuu Yousai
Clu Clu Land
Contra
Devil World
Isolated Warrior
Jackal
M.U.S.C.L.E.
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 3
Pac-Man
Palamedes
Parodius
Pipe Dream
POW: Prisoners of War
Q*bert
Rampart
Silver Surfer
Smash TV
Stinger
Taito Chase HQ
Trojan
Wario's Woods

• Like 2

Once again thanks for running these contests. Much appreciated.

I liked the bonus for beating Super Mario Bros. Maybe that could be featured for more games such as beating the first loop of Bayou Billy (yes, the game loops and gets harder).

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 4:12 PM, asponge said:

Ms Pac-Man has never been played in the NES HSC.  I'll put it on the list.  Do you prefer the Namco or Tengen version?

Thanks!

Tengen version, please.  :)  The numerous maze choices allow for much flexibility, and the cooperative two-player mode was an inspiration at the time...

• 2 weeks later...