IGNORED

Armiga not booting

Dellicious

Yep, I would second that - the SD card could well be messed up. Try reimaging it. I'm not really familiar with the hardware myself, have used it a few times but that's it. I can't see it being much different to a Raspberry Pi though, and usually these sorts of issues are easiest solved using a fresh drive image.

• Like 1

I don't even think the Armiga developers provide an image of that card to the general public as then anyone can download it and then use the $65 Cubie A20 board and print their own 3D case ;)

https://www.seeedstudio.com/Cubieboard-A20-p-1553.html

I guess the floppy controller and drive is something....but still think this thing was a bit of a sham. Nonetheless, if anyone is in the market for this in the future I would HIGHLY suggest to image that microSD card that comes with it immediately after arrival and keep the image in a safe place.

Edited by eightbit

On 1/20/2020 at 11:13 PM, eightbit said:

Corrupt microSD card? Did you check it's contents on a computer (linux based I would imagine)? 

I do not know a whole lot about the Armiga myself, other than the fact that it is not worth (my opinion only) what the asking price is/was ;)

Thanks for the replies guys, I think it is the MicroSD because without it, I can get it to boot into Android. 

Not sure I would go about reimaging it because, the ArmigaOS...I have no idea where to get that, it's not on the official website. Plus only have Windows based PC's if it needs to be on Linux to view the contents of that MicroSD. 

Yeah it was pricey, and now it's a very pricey paperweight. ?

I would reach out to the Armiga people and request a copy of that image. If you legitimately purchased it directly from them they should do the right thing and provide that support to you. Kind of ridiculous to sell a device with custom software only on a microSD (which can easily become corrupt and fail) and not provide a means to re-image the thing with the software. I think they are just scared again that people will build their own and use their image. 

Edited by eightbit

I also tend to agree that Armiga is a sham. I see a lot of these types of products as cash grabs - they don't have any real time-honored development or legacy behind them. None. There are very few stand-alone hardware products/projects that are worthy of [the] heritage bestowed upon them. This isn't one of them.

A beige box PC stuffed with emulators will give you a much better experience all around than these kickstarters. PC hardware has real legacy & roots dating back to the 80's. And PC-based emulation got going in earnest in the late 1990's. Most emulators have nearly 20-years of field experience and development time behind them.

A final note, the support for PC-based hardware and most Software Emulators is going to be far superior to anything on kickstarter. You've got the developer and thousands of users discussing issues and experiences and creating solutions. And the PC hardware & OS itself? Well, it's everywhere!

• 4 months later...