IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

"A pretty big portion of my income"...... Liar Kieren!

You might have had 17,000 subscribers, but that was NOT reflected in the kind of views your videos were getting.

Most of your videos were sub 5000 views, the occasional one getting to lofty 50,000 views, but they were a rarity, certainly not the norm.

A video doing around 20,000 views is worth about £15 on Youtube, seeing as most of your videos over their entire lifetime just don't hit anywhere near that height, your claim of losing a big portion of income on Youtube is an outright lie.

23 minutes ago, Galahad said:

"A pretty big portion of my income"...... Liar Kieren!

You might have had 17,000 subscribers, but that was NOT reflected in the kind of views your videos were getting.

Most of your videos were sub 5000 views, the occasional one getting to lofty 50,000 views, but they were a rarity, certainly not the norm.

A video doing around 20,000 views is worth about £15 on Youtube, seeing as most of your videos over their entire lifetime just don't hit anywhere near that height, your claim of losing a big portion of income on Youtube is an outright lie.

That would depend on how 'big' his income is! :D :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markopoloman said:

That would depend on how 'big' his income is! :D :D

I don't know, how much is dole money these days?

At 17k subs his CPM would be very low, even if we put in AdSense I dobut he would be making enough to live on.

I found this online so lets half it

How much does a Youtuber with 30k subscribers make?
Each video received 30k views * 104 videos = 3,120,000 views in a year. Let's say you receive $2 per 1,000 views then you'd have made $6,240 from the videos. If you wanted to make more, that's when you start looking for brand deals. You could get anywhere from $7 to $50+ per one thousand views if you find a sponsor.

Went into a very convoluted maths thing then thought screw it and looked at the wayback machine

https://web.archive.org/web/20181204084810/https://www.youtube.com/LairdsLair

shows that on December 4th 2018 he had 4442 (some 12.5k short of 17k) subs and videos getting an average of 450ish views with one big one of nearly 100k 10 months before, I can't comment on the amount of videos as it is just a snapshot so unless he exploded on youtube in 2019 his math is well off.

Edited by blot
New information
  • Like 1

Sorry for the double post but it kept saying it couldnt add in this

Oh Social Blade how I love thee

As Bill and Ted once said "Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K."

Using the info from Wayback I looked at the channel info and plugged it into Social Blade, that would have given information upto the day he deleted his account, he was gaining subs at a rate of 100 every few day... not 10X but a flat 100 every 4 or 5 days, the only way you gain a flat number is if you buy them.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/lairdofforsyth/monthly

Something to think about.
Edited by blot
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, blot said:

2019 his math is well off.

His maths are well off. He figures if you can't see it now, he can make up any old bollocks, pluck a big number out of the sky, '17,000', and claim ownership of it, and as you can't see it, it IS TRUE.

In his head, anyway.

The only time his channel got any traction at all, is when he was ripping off good footage from other people like that Andy Remic (was it?) footage from one of the Revivals. Or his 'Tribute' to Ben Daglish which was a shameless ugly cash in, on someone he had previously slated extensively.

Let's not forget all his game footage that was lifted from the depository on 'Sector'.

Lazy lazy lazy bastard. But like the thief that he is, when he didn't get caught and done for it, he kept on doing it.

He could get shedloads of followers and hits.

If he came out and addressed every accusation levelled at him in a video of him talking about them. It would have a good dose of the 'Tiger King' about it.

They would be attracted by the nutty nature of him, a bit like that angry gamer nonsense.

Sorry I know it looks like I am spamming but I promis I am not.

I did a quick google search and looks like you can buy 100 subs for as little as 4 USD, lets say he allegedly paid for them. On Feb 6th 2019 he had 5170 subs, this marks the start of him having a 0 at the end of every weeks sub numbers until channel deletion on Feb 13 2020 with 16800 subs that means he has gained 11630 subs in that time. lets say 30 are natural sub growth and that gives us 11600 subs so lets work out an approximate paid out value for the subs he has allegedly brought 11600 / 100 = 116 * 4 usd = 464 usd or £369.35 with today's exchange rate.

• Like 1

Interesting... If you click images and then type Kieren Hawken into google you will get a bunch of pictures of his pudgy face. This man. This man who claims he does not seek fame. 

Brett Weiss's sickeningly sweet ode to old Lard himself. 'All round good egg' apparently...

http://www.brettweisswords.com/2019/02/snes-omnibus-writer-spotlight-42-kieren.html

Edited by Guest
Link won't work

2 hours ago, Landstalker said:

2020-07-20_17-34-03.png

It's almost a guarantee that there are 

A) no "huge amount of emails" and 

B) no public disclosures going to happen. 

He's desperate to try and feel relevant still, and this is just another feeble attempt to achieve it. 

It's interesting to see his drivel on twitter (he's blocked me for some reason ? but it's still easy to see his posts). Lots of posts, but hardly likes or replies.  Most people have the measure of him now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Total Eclipse said:

It's almost a guarantee that there are 

A) no "huge amount of emails" and 

B) no public disclosures going to happen. 

He's desperate to try and feel relevant still, and this is just another feeble attempt to achieve it. 

It's interesting to see his drivel on twitter (he's blocked me for some reason ? but it's still easy to see his posts). Lots of posts, but hardly likes or replies.  Most people have the measure of him now. 

I'm a tad confused.
"relevant STILL?"
When was he ever relevant?

• Haha 2

On 7/20/2020 at 5:35 PM, Landstalker said:

2020-07-20_17-34-03.png

Haven't been here for a while, the socks do seem to have quietened down recently thankfully. What makes me laugh about Keiren is he is adamant he isn't associated with these sock puppets, yet posts crap like this, which is EXACTLY THE SAME as what the sock accounts do/did! He really doesn't help himself does he!?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Welshworrier said:

Actually he won't be making anything off YouTube as he doesn't meet the basic monetisation criteria.

Given the lack of engagement on vids I think it's safe to say this situation may continue.

Screenshot_20200720_190102.jpg

You haven't seen all the "private" subscribers! ;)

"In a nutshell, humanity has been wiped out and it’s your job to recover last remnants of what was and restore it."
Livelock review Kieren Hawken 22. Spetember 2016.

Bad grammar aside, how does one recover the remnants of something that has been wiped out?

"the huge maps always provide escape routes and areas where you can hide to recoup. 
"
Recoup what?

"Your battle robot can sustain a large amount of damage before it becomes weak and then eventually dies, and energy can be replenished by either not getting hit for a short amount of time or collecting health icons left behind by enemies."

He seems to be describing the industry standard mechanics for any shooter. Take damage until you die, avoid taking damage by avoiding taking damage, result...not dying. His journalistic style is groundbreaking.

"And whilst enemies increase in ferocity, so do you own weapons."

"The dark, foreboding, post-apocalyptic worlds are beautifully drawn with some amazing attention to detail." It's a polygonal game, 3D, the graphics aren't drawn, they're rendered.

"
The audio just fits perfectly and is all designed to help you get into the action." How does the audio help you get into the action? We're never told.

Amateurishly written, as is to be expected.

https://www.gamespew.com/2016/09/livelock-review/

• 2 weeks later...