IGNORED

Half-Life 1-Ep 2 Are Free on Steam!

1 hour ago, Punisher5.0 said:

Bogus that you cant keep them. These are some pretty old games by now. Im waiting for Black Mesa to go on sale to go through the adventure again.

Black Mesa is pretty awesome! I actually was able to purchase it during a Christmas day sale when it was $15.99. I do feel that Black Mesa is worth the full asking price so any discount is awesome. Just be aware that when you get to Zen, you are really only about 60% of the way through the entire campaign. Black Mesa might be the longest single player FPS campaign I've ever played through.

6 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Black Mesa is pretty awesome! I actually was able to purchase it during a Christmas day sale when it was $15.99. I do feel that Black Mesa is worth the full asking price so any discount is awesome. Just be aware that when you get to Zen, you are really only about 60% of the way through the entire campaign. Black Mesa might be the longest single player FPS campaign I've ever played through.

It went on sale again today! 

On 1/23/2020 at 9:01 AM, Punisher5.0 said:

Bogus that you cant keep them. These are some pretty old games by now. Im waiting for Black Mesa to go on sale to go through the adventure again.

I'm not fully in the know about this part. Where did it say exactly that Half-Life 1, Opposing Forces, Blue Shift, Half-Life 2, both episodes, and HL Source can't be kept after the free part is over when HL: Alyx officially comes out? I already have Half-Life 1, Opposing Forces and Half-Life: Source installed on my PC. How would they revoke them even after you went though the full installation process for them when Alyx comes out? :( :?:

18 minutes ago, Prosystemsearch said:

I'm not fully in the know about this part. Where did it say exactly that Half-Life 1, Opposing Forces, Blue Shift, Half-Life 2, both episodes, and HL Source can't be kept after the free part is over when HL: Alyx officially comes out? I already have Half-Life 1, Opposing Forces and Half-Life: Source installed on my PC. How would they revoke them even after you went though the full installation process for them when Alyx comes out? :( :?:

This is easy, they do this often on Steam with other games where you get a free weekend to play the game etc. Basically it is tied to your account but Steam has the ability to disable it from firing up once the free time has expired. And I don't believe these versions they offer will work in offline mode but maybe they would?