IGNORED

ColEm - Xbox 360 controller not working correctly

fiudr

I'm setting up ColEm on my PC. I have my Xbox 360 controller plugged into the USB port, and it is recognized by ColEm. In the input setting I can configure the 4 fire buttons. But, when any game starts, the controller immediately moves to the far right and I can't move, only fire. Am I doing something wrong here?

Still no luck here. Under Input>Player 1 Joystick, it lists "Controller (Xbox One for Windows)", and if I click "configure joystick", it allows me to map 4 fire buttons. That's all it lets me do, and the thumbstick just doesn't work. Does ColEm not support what I'm trying to do? I've got CoolCV running using the Xbox controller but I was hoping to get ColEm running since CoolCV seems really limited (no scanlines/TV emulation option, only drag-and-drop to play games).

Edited by fiudr

• 2 years later...
On 1/23/2020 at 2:10 PM, fiudr said:

What are recommended emulators these days for ColecoVision?

There are many, including the two you mentioned. There is also BlueMSX, OpenMSX, EmulTwo, MAME and one that you should really checkout, GearColeco.

GitHub - drhelius/Gearcoleco: ColecoVision emulator for macOS, Raspberry Pi, Windows, Linux, BSD and RetroArch.