IGNORED

Awesome packaging of Rally Racer homebrew

TomBrazil

AA friends,

I live in Brazil and I have become familiar with More Work Games staff and their 2 releases, the only homebrews I am aware of in Brazil. Their second game, Rally Racer, is even more impressive then the first, A New Marauder. However, the most impressive feature is their packaging... I still can hardly believe all the effort they have put into this production, and I know this kind of stuff in our country is even harder to manufacture than in the US, for example.

So, I invite you AA members to take a look at those pictures, and please vote for Rally Racer in Best Packaging 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards! They deserve!

Thank you!!!

1-IMG_0672.thumb.jpeg.0f0b51eb1758f6c9f91ed8d14e888a97.jpeg2-IMG_0673.thumb.jpeg.70d5913361dadfdbd31b7a6f2a3c0c5b.jpeg3-IMG_0674.thumb.jpeg.95e12250376e73e7274823681a5a07f1.jpeg4-IMG_0666.thumb.jpeg.9ed3958bcc874625e0b1383a8c9a0985.jpeg5-IMG_0665.thumb.jpeg.81bf27d1e1addc60713d73cde3c69b46.jpeg6-IMG_0667.thumb.jpeg.683916516e680ecd0584a457896708e4.jpeg7-IMG_0668.thumb.jpeg.7e8d31fe56f7df91cfb686c918e895c8.jpeg8-IMG_0669.thumb.jpeg.07dfc344bcacebe9b104b5f16dee1fb6.jpeg9-IMG_0670.thumb.jpeg.0acf219cf3eb1087c9e17dc00b6a4824.jpeg10-IMG_0671.thumb.jpeg.2121b3211cf81fb8a9b72984094fd5b5.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Unfortunately, there is obvious vote brigading for this game right now, so it's possible it may be disqualified.  Most of these votes are coming from people registering solely to vote for the game.  We've even had people creating multiple accounts to vote for this game.  It's very unfortunate to see, as they did a great job with the packaging, but it's unfair to all of the other entries when something like this happens.  We are still discussing how we want to handle the situation.

..Al

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Hello @Albert I know you (virtually) and AA for quite a long time, and I never thought this would be a problem. Consider MAYBE IT'S CULTURAL, in Brazil it's very common people post on social media and urge friends to vote.

In my end, the only thing I have done was this post (which I thought it would be OK, since I'm not an interested part, just a fellow collector), and I have told some collectors friends in Brazil. I believe it's possible they would register so they could vote, never thought this could be a problem (more Atari users for your forum). Having said that, I am totally against fake or multiple accounts, I would never do that.

Cheers,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Thanks. I already wondered why there are more votes for packaging than for any other category.

Hey @Thomas Jentzsch, I thought this post could inform AA members who maybe have not seen the complete package. Even without having the game, maybe they can vote for it. I did in the best intention. Thank you for the comprehension.

I believe your best intention.

But somebody seems to try to actively manipulate the voting. Which would not only invalidate this category but also greatly devaluate the results of all other categories too. We want the best entries to win, not the best in advertising or manipulating.

And all this happening puts you and everybody involved into the game in a bad light too, even if it may not be deserved.

35 minutes ago, TomBrazil said:

Hey @Thomas Jentzsch, I thought this post could inform AA members who maybe have not seen the complete package. Even without having the game, maybe they can vote for it. I did in the best intention. Thank you for the comprehension.

Hi @TomBrazil. Every game that was nominated for 'Atari 2600: Best Packaging' has their publicly available promotional material made available for viewing by the community through the download links we provided.

It was never stated outright that developers and fans of the games should not be making posts asking for votes for their games but you can imagine the mess it would create if there were posts made about every game like this.

As @Albert stated above, this post is another problematic sign associated with this game's involvement in the event and we are evaluating how to deal with the situation.

- James

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Albert said:
16 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Hi @TomBrazil. Every game that was nominated for 'Atari 2600: Best Packaging' has their publicly available promotional material made available for viewing by the community through the download links we provided.

It was never stated outright that developers and fans of the games should not be making posts asking for votes for their games but you can imagine the mess it would create if there were posts made about every game like this.

As @Albert stated above, this post is another problematic sign associated with this games involvement in the event and we are evaluating how to deal with the situation.

- James

• Like 1

I think that what you say needs to be proved, because "suspicions" are not in the rules.
The dissemination of the game and the award on the social networks of collectors only has to add, increase the users of the site, gives more visibility to the award and everything else related to AA.
Many people like the game and haven't had an AA account yet, which is a concrete proof of what I'm talking about.
What is the reason for disqualification? "
“Suspicions" are not the norm, I know the staff at More Work although I have no direct connection with them, I am only a collector, but I am well aware of the honesty and ability of all members.
And let's face it, the packaging of the Rally Racer is by far the best of all competitors, nobody would have such an incentive to come and vote for it if it weren't really an excellent game (in all aspects).
Cheers

Edited by RodrigoAB
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RodrigoAB said:

And let's face it, the packaging of the Rally Racer is by far the best of all competitors

I am sure I am not the only one who tends to disagree here. I voted for something else (which is not my own game).

And if it would be "by far the best", why would it even be necessary to influence the voting?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I am sure I am not the only one who tends to disagree here. I voted for something else

This...

55 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

And if it would be "by far the best", why would it even be necessary to influence the voting?

...and this!  By the way, I happen to own a copy of the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I am sure I am not the only one who tends to disagree here. I voted for something else (which is not my own game).

Of course, it was just my opinion, and it's not even the main point of the topic.
Sorry if I did not express myself well because English is not my first language, in fact it is the third, behind Portuguese and Justice.
Regards

• Like 1

Hi guys!

[ Sorry for my English (I used Google Translation to help me) ]

First of all, I'm sorry for the discomfort you're going through.
I didn't really imagine that the Rally Racer would have this reach to create this situation.

My intention was the best possible, in my point of view, to divulge the award, the ZeroPage Homebrew channel and Brian Matherne's work with the book (* below, you can see the post that I made on the More Work page on Facebook and shared groups of Atari fans).

I never asked for new accounts or fake accounts at any time ... or posted with the intention of influence the voting.
I made it with the intention of other people to know the games that are currently being produced and released by you.

Many Brazilians did'nt know about your work yet and they are happy to be able to participate by voting in the award (and who knows, in the future, even here in the AtariAge forum).
What you may not have realized, I think, it is that there are many video game collectors in Brazil. And that may have influenced the number of accesses on AtariAge.
Atari was a VERY popular video game in the 80's in Brazil (as some old collectors here in AA know very well and buy in the Brazilian market), and, at the moment that I mentioned the event, a lot of people showed interest in learning about new productions for the Atari 2600 and they wanted to encourage by voting.

Well, it's your party and do what you think is fair. If you think you need to remove Rally Racer from the awards... the event belongs to the committee.

Lastly, good luck to everyone at the awards, everyone deserves it for their efforts in developing for Atari.
Thomas Jentzch... your games are incredible and inspiring for people (including in Brazil). Thanks!

Leandro Camara

*Hi everyone!
Yesterday, I posted this message on the More Work Games page and would like to share it here with you. Thanks!
Voting for 2019 ATARI HOMEBREW AWARDS started!
Rally Racer / More Work Games is competing in the Best Packaging category!
If you are AtariAge member, so you are ready to vote. Click on the link below [in the comments] and choose your favorite!
Also check all categories and vote. Some great games are competing in the award.
Follow the people who encourage the production of new games for ATARI, like James O'Brien from ZeroPage Homebrew [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upqVcI5tKMM ] and Brian Matherne, with his great book The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion [ www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne ], cataloging new productions for the console.
The event will be broadcast live on February 1st, 2020 on the channel [ https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew ] with the announcement of the winners in each category!
Watch and take part in the award!
Good luck to all!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HSW3ET said:

First of all, I'm sorry for the discomfort you're going through.
I didn't really imagine that the Rally Racer would have this reach to create this situation.

My intention was the best possible, in my point of view, to divulge the award, the ZeroPage Homebrew channel and Brian Matherne's work with the book (* below, you can see the post that I made on the More Work page on Facebook and shared groups of Atari fans).

The intention would have worked well if people would not only vote for RR and its packaging. Instead they should have put their obvious national and/or fan bias aside and at least try to decide objectively. And they should have checked and voted in the other categories too like you asked them for.

But that seems to be not the case which is rather sad.

8 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

The intention would have worked well if people would not only vote for RR and its packaging. Instead they should have put their obvious national and/or fan bias aside and at least try to decide objectively. And they should have checked and voted in the other categories too like you asked them for.

But that seems to be not the case which is rather sad.

Sorry but none of these arguments seem plausible justifications for disqualifying a game.
In addition to none of their justifications being in the rules follows a clear example:
How would someone who likes Rally Racer packaging and even have access to Atari7800 or 5200 games vote for this part of the award? That would disqualify the award, it is fair to vote with conscience only on what is known.
It seems to me that it was not in your script to lose in a category and that is why you are creating justifiable justifications for inventing a disqualification, which is at least sad, but in fact only bad faith.
I hope they are fair because it is not what it seems to me (and to a large part of the community that until today respected AA).

Edited by RodrigoAB

27 minutes ago, RodrigoAB said:

It seems to me that it was not in your script to lose in a category and that is why you are creating justifiable justifications for inventing a disqualification, which is at least sad, but in fact only bad faith.

Yeah, that's not what's going on here, so stop peddling that garbage, please. Guess you're okay with people signing up with multiple accounts to shill vote for a single game?

..Al

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I never demanded you should vote on all categories. But only voting for packaging and for obvious reasons doesn't do justice to the other entries. 

And I won't react to your accusations.

Ok, what will be the new rule? You need to vote in 2 categories? 3?

You are a very intelligent men and you all know that it doesnt make any sense.

But its your award isnt it?

So, you can change the rules with the game playing!! 

Good Lucky for all ( from AA Of course)

6 minutes ago, Albert said:

Yeah, that's not what's going on here, so stop peddling that garbage, please. Guess you're okay with people signing up with multiple accounts to shill vote for a single game?

..Al

Multiple accounts? Of course its not ok for me! 
How do you know is multiple? I know 10 friends, collectors that make a account to vote, they are real people my friend, very real.

2 minutes ago, RodrigoAB said:

Ok, what will be the new rule? You need to vote in 2 categories? 3?

You are a very intelligent men and you all know that it doesnt make any sense.

But its your award isnt it?

So, you can change the rules with the game playing!! 

Good Lucky for all ( from AA Of course)

The rules don't explicitly state, "Don't create multiple accounts to vote in the polls", so I guess we should just allow it, then?  It's sad that we'll have to take steps next year to try and prevent this from happening again.  And Thomas doesn't have anything to do with "changing the rules".  ZeroPage Homebrew and I are discussing how best to handle this situation.

If you keep up with these unfounded accusations, I'm going to boot you from this thread.

..Al

• Like 1