IGNORED

[AQUARIUS] Aquarius Collecting List

EdgeOfPortal

Welcome to the Aquarius Collecting List thread. Each time a new version of the spreadsheet is available, it will be posted here. If you've got new information to add/remove to/from the sheet, please discuss it here!

Discussion for the Aquarius is also available at it's Discord server:

https://discord.gg/TjCZZZ8HZQ

Additionally, an Aquarius Serial Number Database is now available!
You can submit your Aquarius serial numbers whenever it is convenient here:
https://forms.gle/BExXHTuuybzYpTY58
The sheet itself is available here for viewing:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1suxtWmP6a0InPC74ZCPC7keyDvXlE88b70H_0DTbg1o/edit?usp=sharing

Once the list has a decent number of serials, my belief is that we'll be able to establish some patterns between serial numbers and uncover more information about our favorite blue keyboard. Additionally, it will help us determine just how many units of each Aquarius product were produced, and for what region, under what variant.

For information on cartridge contents and variants, see here:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/349267-aquarius-documenting-the-contents-of-all-aquarius-cartridges-and-variants/

Current Version: 3.0

The list now consists of 81 cassette tapes, 35 cartridges (incl. variants), 17 hardware (incl. variants), 16 literature items, and 5 bundles.

Changelog:
v3.0 (1/27/22):
-Added Doomsday Defender (Cassette) from Cronosoft/Roy Templeman
-Added Turmoil 2022 (Cartridge/Cassette) from 8-Bit Milli Games
-Added Games Pack 3 and 4 (Cassette) from Processor Software
-Added the Radofin variant of Biorhythms (Cartridge)
-Added a US variant of the 4-Color Printer and changed the original to reflect the European version
-Added Thinking About [TLC] Logo for Mattel Aquarius (Literature)
-Added Kronos Europea Bundle (Bundle)

Aquarius Computer Collecting List v3.0.xlsx

Edited by EdgeOfPortal
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Intymike said:

Nothing I can add!

Thanks anyway. I managed to find one more game by looking around. Diamond Mine by Add-On Electronics. Required 16K and I've never heard of this one. Added it to this list, but I'm missing it's catalog #, author, and release year. I'm still looking for as many cassettes to add as possible if anyone can help though.

3 minutes ago, Aquaman said:

Rally driver is from Micro Mart software and released in 1984

Please check attachement for game packs bij Add on Electronics

review games packs 1 to 3 Add On Electronics.pdf 612.7 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks, that's very helpful. Trying to make the list as complete as it can get. Any info about Tablets of Hippocrates?

6 minutes ago, Aquaman said:

Not much, 1984 is correct and © S. Fawkes 

And it was made for other computers to like the zx81 see attachement

zx 81 toh.jpg

Ah, well a game collection brings up problems then. It could be a collection for the Aquarius rather than just one game. I'll leave it as one for now, and if new info comes out, I'll change it. Sounds like it would be 16K though, so I'll change that.

4 minutes ago, Aquaman said:

Yeah I saw that, doesn't have as much info about the tapes themselves as I'd like, but I'll try to find more. And that other AtariAge post is useful, thanks. Once I get a good bit of tapes on the list I'll give an updated list here.

2 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Ah, well a game collection brings up problems then. It could be a collection for the Aquarius rather than just one game. I'll leave it as one for now, and if new info comes out, I'll change it. Sounds like it would be 16K though, so I'll change that.

I think it was seperately released for the Aquarius

https://www.mobygames.com/game/tablets-of-hippocrates

1 minute ago, Aquaman said:

I think it was seperately released for the Aquarius

https://www.mobygames.com/game/tablets-of-hippocrates

Actually Aquarius User Magazine Issue 5 indicates it was a mixed tape. Also, added everything in and my list has a total of 66 cassettes. Attached is an updated version.

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 5.01.57 PM.png

Aquarius Computer Cassette List.xlsx

2 minutes ago, Aquaman said:

No info on Zorgon's Kingdom for the Aquarius I am affraid.

Some additional info on your current listing:

N-Vaders Author Kevin Baker. 

Rally driver is a 16K game

Thanks. I'm going to turn the list into a full collecting list with all known officially released cassettes, cartridges, hardware, literature, and bundles I think. And Zorgon's Kingdom brings this to 67 cassettes. Decided to make an entry for it.

Collecting list is complete with all information I can find. 67 Cassettes, 22 Cartridges, 12 Hardware, 11 Literature, and 4 Bundles. I'll also be making a new topic for it, but I'll post it here first. Use if you like, or don't, I originally was making it for personal use.

Aquarius Computer Collecting List.xlsx

Edited by EdgeOfPortal
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aquaman said:

That is really interesting. Not even just the software itself, but the fact that it was supposedly released in 1986. That’s got to be the latest software released for the system if true.