IGNORED

[AQUARIUS] Aquarius Collecting List

EdgeOfPortal

2 minutes ago, Intymike said:

btw. only classic tapes? Or new homebrew too? Not that there are many around.

IMG_7069.thumb.jpeg.7be8a9c3716e3a5574ac710300a1b653.jpeg

Yep that's on @EdgeOfPortal's spreadsheet! I plan to purchase both Aquariworm and Bomb Catcher II from Cronosoft once the latter launches in their store in a couple weeks. I'm better off waiting to buy both together to save on shipping across the pond :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Thanks for pinning the thread!

Enough new info has been added/changed to the sheet that v2.5 is ready for release. This version will be available right on this post, and additionally on the first post of the thread as well. This will be true for all future versions of the list as well. If you have new information to add to the sheet, please let me know here and it will be added in the next version!

The list now consists of 77 cassette tapes, 33 cartridges (incl. variants), 16 hardware (incl. variants), 15 literature items, and 4 bundles.

Changelog:
-Added programmer info for Diamond Mine
-Removed Zorgon's Kingdom (Special thanks to sixersfan105 for solving this one)
-Added Bomb Catcher II from Cronosoft/Roy Templeman
-Corrected Roy Templeman's name (Sorry about that!)
-Added 'Keral' variant of Aquarius I computer.

Aquarius Computer Collecting List v2.5.xlsx

• Like 3

On 2/28/2021 at 11:38 PM, EdgeOfPortal said:

Thanks for pinning the thread!

Enough new info has been added/changed to the sheet that v2.5 is ready for release. This version will be available right on this post, and additionally on the first post of the thread as well. This will be true for all future versions of the list as well. If you have new information to add to the sheet, please let me know here and it will be added in the next version!

The list now consists of 77 cassette tapes, 33 cartridges (incl. variants), 16 hardware (incl. variants), 15 literature items, and 4 bundles.

Changelog:
-Added programmer info for Diamond Mine
-Removed Zorgon's Kingdom (Special thanks to sixersfan105 for solving this one)
-Added Bomb Catcher II from Cronosoft/Roy Templeman
-Corrected Roy Templeman's name (Sorry about that!)
-Added 'Keral' variant of Aquarius I computer.

Aquarius Computer Collecting List v2.5.xlsx 19.1 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks for the name correction! - Glad to see the list is coming along. A couple of corrections for my games, if thats ok. Aquariworm memory requirement is 8K, and BC2 has 3 versions on the one cassette (16K, 8K and 4K) ?. If you are including 'unofficial' titles, then I also have Aquariworm and Bomb Catcher 2 on cart! (thanks to Jay!)

IMG_20210302_164634.jpg

IMG_20210302_203255.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loudscotsbloke said:

If you are including 'unofficial' titles, then I also have Aquariworm and Bomb Catcher 2 on cart! (thanks to Jay!)

Ah ha! I was wondering if those carts that you posted in the Facebook group were Jay's handiwork! I'd love one of each if you'd give your blessing and Jay is willing to make 'em - just let me (and the community) know the cost!

3 hours ago, Loudscotsbloke said:

Thanks for the name correction! - Glad to see the list is coming along. A couple of corrections for my games, if thats ok. Aquariworm memory requirement is 8K, and BC2 has 3 versions on the one cassette (16K, 8K and 4K) ?. If you are including 'unofficial' titles, then I also have Aquariworm and Bomb Catcher 2 on cart! (thanks to Jay!)

IMG_20210302_164634.jpg

IMG_20210302_203255.jpg

Thank you! That info will be added in the next version of the sheets. The homebrew library for the Aquarius is so small that I felt adding the ‘unofficial’ releases wouldn’t be an issue. I’ll add those as well.

1 hour ago, Intymike said:

wow, cart releases...I need this now! :) 

Agreed, need these.

• Like 1

Help me out, fellow Aquarians...did I stumble upon some previously unknown cassettes? Pics below. At first blush, these Games Pack 2 and Games Pack 3 cassettes appear like nothing special, but check out the spines - these are by Add On Electronics as opposed to CCI, with product #s KEB013 and KEB014, respectively. That would help explain why @EdgeOfPortal's collecting list has KEB013 and KEB014 missing in the sequential order of Add On releases. 

Now we know that Add On Electronics was formed as a joint venture of sorts between Radofin and CCI, so the fact that there is some shared artwork isn't that unusual (same artwork here as the CCI versions of the same titles), but the games on the Add On versions of Games Pack 2 and Games Pack 3 are entirely different from the CCI compilations. Two of the games from Games Pack 3, Mad Mould and Cute Cubes, are on the Radofin Demo Cassette that was often bundled with the Radofin Aquarius computer, but I've never heard of the other two (Invisible Outline and Alien Attack) and then two of the games from Games Pack 2 were also on that Radofin demo cassette, Alien Quest and Torment, but I've never heard of the other two, Crazy Plane and Rick 'O' Shea.

Do you guys have any insight on this? Perhaps @EdgeOfPortal or @mvdsteenoven or @jaybird3rd or @stupus or @MattelAquarius? Obviously anyone can chime in but these names came to mind. 

Cheers.

A8F260DC-ABA1-4FE8-954F-98B599D23A75.jpeg

0C836E38-B356-44FA-ADA0-E2EEDAAD5F46.jpeg

8C4CF6E3-5E59-46EC-8E99-EFC193E26C08.jpeg

I don't know how many language variants of the Aquarius are around. The printer and tape recorder do have multi lingual instructions in the Radofin version.

But the computer had single language instructions. 

This is one of my German ones.

That are all part numbers I could find on box, hardware and booklets.

IMG_1490.thumb.jpeg.67347af2c4976854ae3646c3575508aa.jpegIMG_1489.thumb.jpeg.e266a8b9b2555a6dd73be7d32d645f38.jpegIMG_1493.thumb.jpeg.2535c3021b607800b04b1a7770acac4c.jpeg

17 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Help me out, fellow Aquarians...did I stumble upon some previously unknown cassettes? Pics below. At first blush, these Games Pack 2 and Games Pack 3 cassettes appear like nothing special, but check out the spines - these are by Add On Electronics as opposed to CCI, with product #s KEB013 and KEB014, respectively. That would help explain why @EdgeOfPortal's collecting list has KEB013 and KEB014 missing in the sequential order of Add On releases. 

Now we know that Add On Electronics was formed as a joint venture of sorts between Radofin and CCI, so the fact that there is some shared artwork isn't that unusual (same artwork here as the CCI versions of the same titles), but the games on the Add On versions of Games Pack 2 and Games Pack 3 are entirely different from the CCI compilations. Two of the games from Games Pack 3, Mad Mould and Cute Cubes, are on the Radofin Demo Cassette that was often bundled with the Radofin Aquarius computer, but I've never heard of the other two (Invisible Outline and Alien Attack) and then two of the games from Games Pack 2 were also on that Radofin demo cassette, Alien Quest and Torment, but I've never heard of the other two, Crazy Plane and Rick 'O' Shea.

Do you guys have any insight on this?

Cheers.

Yeah, many of the cassettes have their own CCI and Add-on variants. I haven't been able to get my hands on all of them personally. Strangely enough, I've just checked and each of my own Games Pack tapes are the Add-On variants, so I'm not entirely sure why the add-on variants haven't been included. They'll be included in the next sheet, though I don't have Games Pack 4 to check if it has an add-on variant as well. Interestingly enough, my Postman Pot tape is branded on the art by Add-On, yet the tape itself is CCI. Now, on any other system I would say, oh well the seller must've combined a loose tape and a loose case, but Aquarius Cassettes aren't exactly common. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has a Postman Pot like this?
GamesPack.thumb.jpg.f16e5413110f5176750fad559b3af7bb.jpgPostmanAQ.thumb.jpg.8bb9e7ab2b31bf27134365a83447e55a.jpg

16 hours ago, Intymike said:

You can see it in the photo a few postings above. But it's not in the collectors list.

Mower Man by CCI.

I do believe many of the tapes have these variants, unfortunately the tapes don't come up very often. I'd be interested in compiling a list of the CCI variants, as from what I've seen the Add-on variants are more common. None of my tapes are CCI branded except for the Postman Pot oddity, in which the tape is CCI and the art is Add-on. If any other collectors here could let me know which, if any, of their tapes are CCI, I would like to add them to the list.

9 hours ago, Intymike said:

also not in the collecting list:

the Radofin Data Recorder international manual 220v/50hz

and the Radofin Mini Expander international manual

I always chose to exclude these as I count them as part of the hardware; they're included with them. A Radofin data recorder will include the Radofin international manual. Would people rather me add them separately? On a separate note, this comment got me to remember that the list is actually missing standard Radofin versions of the Data Recorder and Mini-Expander. It includes the Kronos Europea and Arabic versions, as well as the Mattel versions, but not the standard, multi-language versions. I'll have to add them.

• Like 1

Thanks for the intel, @EdgeOfPortal. After I made my post, I was able to find the Aquarius FAQ by Fred Horvat floating on the interwebs and it does reference Games Packs 1-4 by Add-On Electronics. Interestingly, it says "games unknown" for both Games Pack 3 and Games Pack 4. Obviously we've got info now on Games Pack 3, but we're still in the dark on Games Pack 4's games, but at least we know the Add-On version exists. 

I agree with you that hardware manuals should not be listed separately on the collecting list.  

I took a quick look at Martin's website to see if he had anything on the CCI vs. Add-On variants and he shows pictures of CCI-branded cassettes (but not case artwork) for Disco Fever and Postman Pot, and he recently updated his Mower Man page to include the CCI version that he discovered on that auction a little while back. 

6 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

I always chose to exclude these as I count them as part of the hardware; they're included with them. A Radofin data recorder will include the Radofin international manual. Would people rather me add them separately? On a separate note, this comment got me to remember that the list is actually missing standard Radofin versions of the Data Recorder and Mini-Expander. It includes the Kronos Europea and Arabic versions, as well as the Mattel versions, but not the standard, multi-language versions. I'll have to add them.

As they were not even in the list at all I thought they should be.

As for the computers itself. I don't think there were many country specific versions of the Aquarius.

The Mattel versions with englisch manual.

A Radofin version with englisch manual (I assume so).

Radofin german manual (I own 2 of these)

I assume the Kronos version has italian manual.

What else? French probably, because they would have been not to be allowed to be on sale in France without. 

It's your decision if you include them. But for a collecting list for a system that has so little to collect it should no problem to include the country specific versions. At least to see what counties got such a treatment at all.

btw. there is also a very rare french Aquarius with RGB.

On 3/6/2021 at 7:58 AM, sixersfan105 said:

I have Games Pack 1 and 3 by Add-On plus GP 2,3,4 by CCI

Outline (GP3 by CCI) also futures on the game casette included with the Kronos computer.

I have also not heared about Crazy Plane and Rick 'O' Shea

Who knows what unknown games are on GP 2 and 4 by Add-On?

Regs

Martin

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 9:10 AM, Intymike said:

As for the computers itself. I don't think there were many country specific versions of the Aquarius.

The Mattel versions with englisch manual.

A Radofin version with englisch manual (I assume so).

Radofin german manual (I own 2 of these)

I assume the Kronos version has italian manual.

What else? French probably, because they would have been not to be allowed to be on sale in France without. 

Yes, the Kronos computer came with Italian manuals. But the box and manuals have pictures of the Radofin Aquarius computer (without Kronos logo).

The Aquarius computer in the Netherlands came with an additional booklet in Dutch, but the original English manuals

Regs

Martin

IMG_4912.JPG

• Like 1