IGNORED

Atari 2600 Homebrew Completed/WIP in 2020

3 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Done!

Thanks!

The nomination committee, and eventually the public, will evaluate each game based on what's available to them. If they have the purchased game, that would be the most complete way to evaluate but for those who don't have access to that they will base their decisions on a demo/older public build or at a last resort a YouTube video of gameplay.

So, in short, the public demo binaries are completely acceptable for consideration! ? 

Sounds good, thanks James!  There are a ton of changes to ZK since the March demo but I want to keep some surprises for the full version.  With that said, I think it's complete enough for people to judge it properly.  I may release another "nomination demo" prior to voting (I assume that will take place sometime in early 2021?).  

Thanks for the info!

John

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Low Res Car is WIP, not finished.

Moved from Completed to WIP:

Very true, looks like he changed his mind about adding features, I'll move it back to WIP. Thanks!

When he first posted it:

"It was just a quick project I wrote during a lunch break so I will not add more features, except maybe a paddle version (and of course correct the bugs that can appear)."

- James

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew

Out of nowhere... BOOM five games added to Completed:

• Like 1

Added/Updated in Completed:

If you get in contact with Brook, please ask why he is so much working on his own. I am sure he would be very welcome in the AA community.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

If you get in contact with Brook, please ask why he is so much working on his own. I am sure he would be very welcome in the AA community.

I'll be interviewing him (via text) for tomorrow's ZPH episode where we'll be playing the remainder of his games. I'll be sure to ask him that! ? 

- James

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would put Trench back into a "work in progress". It still has a scanline issue going from the menu to the game I thought I fixed. Jitters for just a moment on my TV but seems on newer TVs like widescreen it's way worse. I tried a bunch of ways to fix it but I'm quite stuck. (Also a tiny glitch hitting reset. Sometimes it jumps past the menu into the game.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Domeshtan said:

I would put Trench back into a "work in progress". It still has a scanline issue going from the menu to the game I thought I fixed. Jitters for just a moment on my TV but seems on newer TVs like widescreen it's way worse. I tried a bunch of ways to fix it but I'm quite stuck. (Also a tiny glitch hitting reset. Sometimes it jumps past the menu into the game.)

Excellent, glad to hear you're working on it again. I'll move it back to the WIP list.

- James

Moved from Completed to WIP: