IGNORED

Point & click adventures for Wii

xucaen

This week I got to point and click adventure games for Wii: Titanic and Secret Files: Tunguska. I love them! They remind me so much of the old LucasArts and Sierra games for DOS I used to play. I would very much like to buy more games like this for the Wii. I googled but didn't really find anything for the Wii, just a lot of hits for PC games. Does anyone out there know of any good point and click adventure games for the Wii? Let's get a big list of games going! ✌️

Edit: Keeping a list of PnC Adventure games for the Wii:

I'm choosing not to add any wiiware games to this list because wiiware games can no longer be purchased.

Titanic
Secret Files: Tunguska
Back to the Future
Sam and Max Season 1
Sam and Max beyond Time and Space
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure 
Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident
Scooby Doo First Frights
Guilty Party
CSI: Hard Evidence
CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
CSI: Deadly Intent
NCIS
Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle
A New Beginning
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis 
Secret Files 3: The Archimedes Code 
Alter Ego
Puzzle Agent
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars 

Edit2: I picked up a Wii U thinking it might be a "better Wii" with HDMI. I googled and found 3 P&C games for the Wii U. (I haven't played these yet)

Armikrog 
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 
The Song of Seven

I picked up Sam and max season 1 for the Wii for 5 bucks a few weeks ago but have yet to try it. I'm glad this thread came up to remind me. This is a genre that I'm very sorry to see fade into obscurity. I played these type of games regularly both on DOS and the Tandy Color Computer. I would live to find the back to the future Wii game too

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AtariLeaf said:

I picked up Sam and max season 1 for the Wii for 5 bucks a few weeks ago but have yet to try it. I'm glad this thread came up to remind me. This is a genre that I'm very sorry to see fade into obscurity. I played these type of games regularly both on DOS and the Tandy Color Computer. I would live to find the back to the future Wii game too

There are tons of story driven PnC games coming out every year.  The genre has definitely faded away from the mainstream, but there are still many releases doing it justice.

Take a look at: https://store.steampowered.com/app/212050/Resonance/; https://store.steampowered.com/app/227000/Primordia/;

There are others like:

Machinarium

Space Pilgrim
Technobabylon
The Dream Machine
The Fall

Gemini Rue

The category is actually pretty huge on Steam.

• Like 2

Yeah; i have been burning a lot of 90's PnC games to disk i find on the Macintosh Garden.  Great genre; very relaxing.  Sadly neglected on modern consoles.

Will have to add some of these titles to my list and check them out!

Edit:  I do have Zack and Wiki and consider it one of the top "Hidden Gems" on the Wii

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wongojack said:

There are tons of story driven PnC games coming out every year.  The genre has definitely faded away from the mainstream, but there are still many releases doing it justice.

Take a look at: https://store.steampowered.com/app/212050/Resonance/; https://store.steampowered.com/app/227000/Primordia/;

There are others like:

Machinarium

Space Pilgrim
Technobabylon
The Dream Machine
The Fall

Gemini Rue

The category is actually pretty huge on Steam.

Which is funny because during what we call the "glory days" of this genre, there really were only a relative handful of these games released over a 12-year period by LucasArts.

Nowadays there are far more games that fall into this category

• Like 1

I got Back to the Future from Telltale games. There's a lot of slow down and other visual  glitches and artifacts. In part of the game Marty it's missing an eye! 

Edit: grammar and spelling 

So far I am loving the story. It is a great sequel to the trilogy and I love that the original actors did the voices. I could totally see this as being a part 4 of the movie series.  I'm really enjoying the story but as far as puzzles go it's not very difficult, but it is a lot of fun. ???

20200206_182251_HDR.thumb.jpg.b3a2ac4c03135cae01291e35ccda76f8.jpg

• Haha 1

I looked through my Wii collection, and I also own Spy Fox in Dry Cereal and a game called Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None which looks to be cut from the same mold as Myst from the box shots and instructions.  I've yet to actually play it.

I see you have Disney's Guilty Party listed.  I have played that, and I would hesitate to call it a Point and Click adventure.  It is much more of a board game experience translated to video game form.  Think Clue-style mystery game and you'll get closer.

18 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

You know...if you softmod the Wii and then put ScummVM onto an SD card, then you can add a few of those classic 90s PnC games to play on the Wii. The Wiimote works really well for these games.

Could also get the Wiiware games too then...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...