IGNORED

Myarcade - RetroChamp NES portable

negative1

I like the large screen (compared to a smartphone or some other handheld devices). Looks like it doesn't work with Everdrives, so that's a bit disappointing although not entirely unexpected. I hope it's successful enough for them that they make a similar Sega (Genesis/Mega Drive, Game Gear, and Master System) device.

Just now, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Yeah let's just make a portable console that is not really any smaller than the original one... and if this is just an emulation device then what's the point?

Because it's portable, you can take it with you, and test out cartridges.

Good luck lugging your 'console' around with a tv, and finding an outlet to do that.

This way you can play your famicom games and nes games. So you think 2 consoles are smaller than one?

(unless you want to carry adapters around etc).

this is perfect for people that like having portable units.

later

1 hour ago, negative1 said:

Because it's portable, you can take it with you, and test out cartridges.

Good luck lugging your 'console' around with a tv, and finding an outlet to do that.

This way you can play your famicom games and nes games. So you think 2 consoles are smaller than one?

(unless you want to carry adapters around etc).

this is perfect for people that like having portable units.

later

No I would not take 2 consoles with me... NES emulation runs fine on my PSP... I would just take that. A portable unit that won't even fit in your pocket this thing is... yeah I know the Switch won't fit in your pocket either but that's half the size of this...

1 minute ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

No I would not take 2 consoles with me... NES emulation runs fine on my PSP... I would just take that. A portable unit that won't even fit in your pocket this thing is... yeah I know the Switch won't fit in your pocket either but that's half the size of this...

kids won't care, and the case they mention, is anyone that goes to garage sales,

conventions, stores and other places where they can test out the actual cartridges,

without having to lug around tons of cables, controllers and other stuff.

sure, if you just want to play games, just do it on your phone, its just as good as a PSP.

you're missing the point. this is for people that want to use Cartridges.

later

Just now, negative1 said:

kids won't care, and the case they mention, is anyone that goes to garage sales,

conventions, stores and other places where they can test out the actual cartridges,

without having to lug around tons of cables, controllers and other stuff.

sure, if you just want to play games, just do it on your phone, its just as good as a PSP.

you're missing the point. this is for people that want to use Cartridges.

later

Well they would be idiots then... I prefer physical media myself but I would still not want take my expensive games on the go... and I prefer a real dpad so I don't use my phone to emulate games.

5 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Well they would be idiots then... I prefer physical media myself but I would still not want take my expensive games on the go... and I prefer a real dpad so I don't use my phone to emulate games.

who says all NES games are expensive. there are tons of cheap ones. the famicom ones might be more expensive.

also there are plenty of bluetooth controllers for phones, that are way better than the crappy built in dpads found on the psp,

and other portable game consoles. [i do have a PSP that i've modded specifically for emulation, and to me the controls are very poor].

later

Edited by negative1