IGNORED

Quest of the Cranberry (WIP)

atari2600land

• 1 month later...

Went back to work on this. I'm wondering how I can do a bankswitched version of this. I guess the easiest thing to do is repeat the joystick and collision routines in each bank. Would the loop always start in bank 1 and then I'd make it go to different banks, and then at the end of the code in different banks, make it go back to the beginning of the loop in bank 1?

I have about 400 bytes left before I make my first-ever 4k assembly game.

cranberry13.zip

So I want to put a missile0 in the game to be the liquid potion of the potion flask. I tried everything, I tried looking at SpiceWare's blog post and this thread but I can't get ANYTHING to work. All I want to do is add a missile0 to be atop player1, but I can't get it to display. Any help would be appreciated. I just gave up and deleted all the stuff I attempted to put in about missile 0 because it wasn't working anyway.

cranberry16.asm

On 3/20/2020 at 6:52 PM, atari2600land said:

So I want to put a missile0 in the game to be the liquid potion of the potion flask. I tried everything, I tried looking at SpiceWare's blog post and this thread but I can't get ANYTHING to work. All I want to do is add a missile0 to be atop player1, but I can't get it to display. Any help would be appreciated. I just gave up and deleted all the stuff I attempted to put in about missile 0 because it wasn't working anyway.

cranberry16.asm 33.9 kB · 3 downloads

The Stella Programmers guide could help. what you want isn’t possible. You would have to swap the objects, and make P1 the sprite, and put M0 atop it.

https://alienbill.com/2600/101/docs/stella.html#tiaprog9.0

<q>9.0 Object Priorities

Each object is assigned a priority so when any two objects overlap the one with the highest priority will appear to move in front of the other. To simplify hardware logic, the missiles have the same priority as their associated player, and the ball has the same priority as the playfield. The background, of course, has the lowest priority. The following table illustrates the normal (default) priority assignments.

Priority Objects
1 P0, M0
2 P1, M1
3 BL, PF
4 BK

This priority assignment means that players and missiles will move in front of the playfield. To make the players and missiles move behind the playfield, a "1" must be written to D2 of the CTRLPF register. The following table illustrates how the priorities are affected:

Priority Objects
1 BL, PF
2 P0, M0
3 P1, M1
4 BK

One more priority control is available to be used for displaying the score. When a "1" is written to D1 of the CTRLPF register, the left half of the playfield takes on the color of player 0, and the right half the color of player 1. The game score can now be displayed using the PF graphics register, and the score will be in the same color as its associated player.

</q>