IGNORED

The Incredible Hulk (sort of)

dr. kwack

OK,

A few weeks back I saw The Hulk and like many of you I was hoping someone would turn up the long lost PB game a'la LOTR. Didn't happen.

So, to make up for it, I made this hack of Frankenstein's Monster. I also went as far as to make an instruction book on Print Shop (mine's old- 6.0) to tell back story and rules of the game.

After making it, I noticed it was sort of weird that this game has three climbing levels (just like the proposed PB game).

If you don't have Print Shop, I have also included in the zip file a plain text version of the docs.

Sorry I can't do screenshots- I use z26 and I'll be damned if I can get it to do them correctly. If anyone cares to put some on after playing. Be my guest. Enjoy, folks. :wink:

hulk.zip

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the hack (now that I have played it!) and the fact that you took the time to write instructions is GREAT.

One question: Hulk and Bruce Banner are the same guy. How can Bruce run about while Hulk is trapped in the lab? ;) :P :) :)

:spidey:

Sorry it took so long for replies, I've been out of town for a bit....

First: I did do a label for Hulk and had the boys at Packrat put the game on a cart for me. I'll post pics of the labels in a few minutes. Would Atariage be allowed to sell my hack? Is that actually possible?

Second: to answer the how to play question... The game is a hack of Frankenstein's Monster, so if you want you can get instructions out of the 2600 gallery. Essentially you start at the top, run to the lower right corner of the screen, retrieve the little red brick and get it back to the top inside the green door. If you need my version of the instructions, drop me a line.

Third: I wasn't a big Marvel guy as a kid (sorry Stan Jr.!), While making the game I asked a buddy of mine who was into the hulk big time who would be running around the lab putting up bricks- I originally thought it should be General Ross. My friend told me that in a few issues, Banner managed to physically separate himself from the Hulk a few times, making ol' Greenskin a mindless machine of rage. I took his word for it.

OK, I've taken up enough space. Glad you folks are enjoying it! :)

Yes, Albert can sell your hack. There is a WHOLE section in the store just for Hacks. I'd probably buy it, just for the Hulk theme!

As for the facts, Banner and Hulk have seperated several times, so perhaps your game takes place DURING one of those periods. Gen. Ross would not build a wall around the Hulk, he would just shoot him. ;) :) Maybe Doc Samson would build the wall (you could give the little guy green hair, a red shirt, and some blue pants! see below) :)

Oh, your pics are little broken x's. :sad: :sad:

:spidey: :spidey:

post-409-1060229512_thumb.jpg

Archived