IGNORED

Dedicated Asteroids Controllers

virtvic

Similar to my Vectrex Asteroids Controllers, but wired to the classic ‘Atari’ 9 pin pinout.

Buttons are mapped to left,right & up (thrust),fire with hyperspace mapped to down.

As well as playing various forms of asteroids on various consoles & computers, you can use it on a ton of other games too!

45C2D5E6-A2EB-43D1-ADE5-424B2E8B0452.jpeg

• Like 4

On 2/11/2020 at 3:29 PM, doubledown said:

Very cool and looks really nice.  Here are the 2 I made:

Upright Edition:

jJIYVH.png

Cabaret Edition:

RCSdUy.png

Were you able to use leaf-switch push-buttons in yours, or did you end up with key-switch or micro-switch buttons?

I had to use obsf24 Sanwa buttons. The thickest area inside the box is only about 30mm

On 2/19/2020 at 5:24 AM, virtvic said:

I had to use obsf24 Sanwa buttons. The thickest area inside the box is only about 30mm

I understand, and kind of what I assumed.  I occasionally use the Ultimarc GoldLeaf push-buttons when I've had to work with a limited mounted depth.  They're pretty shallow mount, and have vintage style concave button tops.  But they are full-size buttons, versus the 24mm that you used.  But again, still a very good looking controller, and one of the nicest homebrew Asteroids controller's I've seen.  Well done.