IGNORED

Picked up the Atgames Sega portable

I found one at a "Family Dollar" store for $40 a couple weeks ago.

I loaded "Neto Boot Loader" onto mine. Sound and compatibility is much improved. Limited save functions. Game genie code support. Also it has folder support for games. 16 folders on each page. 99 folders, max. 99 games, max in each folder. 

Only downside to Neto is adding artwork is a bit more difficult and when you back out of game it takes you all the way out to the main firecore menu and you have to load Neto again.

https://www.neto-games.com.br/rom_hack/neto_boot_loader.php

Edited by Draxxon

Here is Neto Boot Loader all set up for the AtGames Sega Genesis Ultimate Portable Game Player if you want to test it out.
The "TOOLS" folder just has software for adding artwork to any added roms if wanted. Also, it has software for patching games to create hacks. It also has Genesis screenshot thumbnail art. This folder DOES NOT have to go on your SD card.

BOTH  the "GAME" and "TECTOY" folders and their contents MUST be placed on the root of a compatible 2-4GB SD Card. 

You can still run games with art thru the SD Card game list/game folder just like before, You retain everything. Neto Loader is an entry/slot in that game list and you load it from there. it has debug mode, Pal and NTSC support, etc. a lot of features, but it has kind of bare bones menu/UI.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bPmva3s9h6YFbFoBQSFuB8M7q9qWwk6v

Edited by Draxxon

• 2 years later...
On 2/12/2020 at 10:38 PM, Draxxon said:

Here is Neto Boot Loader all set up for the AtGames Sega Genesis Ultimate Portable Game Player if you want to test it out.
The "TOOLS" folder just has software for adding artwork to any added roms if wanted. Also, it has software for patching games to create hacks. It also has Genesis screenshot thumbnail art. This folder DOES NOT have to go on your SD card.

BOTH  the "GAME" and "TECTOY" folders and their contents MUST be placed on the root of a compatible 2-4GB SD Card. 

You can still run games with art thru the SD Card game list/game folder just like before, You retain everything. Neto Loader is an entry/slot in that game list and you load it from there. it has debug mode, Pal and NTSC support, etc. a lot of features, but it has kind of bare bones menu/UI.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bPmva3s9h6YFbFoBQSFuB8M7q9qWwk6v

It took me forever to get around trying neto boot loader. Kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I did notice a few issues. The biggest one is that the game genie codes do not seem to work. I just get a black or red screen when I ever I try to use it.  I also notice in the change log, it says Rambo 3 is working. After trying many versions of the rom, I was unable to get past the intro without it locking up.  I am using the latest version which I believe is 1.46a. 

Are these features just not available on the portable or does an older version work better?