IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 13 - Round 1 - Flipper Slipper

13 minutes ago, Sneakyturtleegg said:

Chuck,

You should have claimed the high score from the demo!

I'm not ashamed to admit that I absolutely suck at this game.

Then again, I suck at many of the video games I play but I like to play them...although here and there i'll mysteriously have super great game and surprise myself ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23,530 (Skill 2). I was able to open the dog gate twice. I also switched to a Super Action controller. I seem to get between 12-18k more consistently using it. I was using a Sega controller, but at times it would change paddle color just by moving side to side without using a button to change it. That got annoying along with an already annoying game. 

0222201439.jpg

• Like 1

My Super Action has been treating me well. My biggest issue has been the amount of dead time spent rebounding the ball and hitting nothing when waiting for the bricks to reappear or finishing off the last couple. It’s annoying when I’m down to one piece left to release the dog and I have no success. 

Anyone having issues with it glitching out? Even with cleaning the cart, I get a glitch usually when starting a second game or after a reset. See pic. 

2E7A6BA4-E320-4F7B-A7CB-77441334686B.thumb.jpeg.e275cd55d8cacd740ff16af96b17e175.jpeg

I think you're right about that. Taking a close look, seems like there's a bit of wear on one end. It's pretty frustrating, I'm spending more time trying to get it to work than I am playing. I'll have to see if I can beat my high on an emulator instead. Btw, according to the manual, we're just "premier players" at 10-30k (technically 29,999). I don't know how anyone scores high enough to become a "pinball wizard" hahaha.

• Like 1

5th attempt.  Released the dog and was 1 block away from twice.

Changing colors is a little annoying at first, but not as much as the music.

The game played a dirty trick on me!  That moving bumper in the middle of the screen started flashing and it paused the gameplay right as I was hitting the button to change colors of my flippers, canceling the effect of my button.  So this only gave me a split second to react whenever gameplay resumed, which was not enough time to change my flipper.  It's like when the guy holds a $20 bill between your fingers and bets you can't grab it when he lets go.  Dirty.

Flipper Slipper [Skill 2] (CV) [e] 13760.png

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, S.BAZ said:

5th attempt.  Released the dog and was 1 block away from twice.

Changing colors is a little annoying at first, but not as much as the music.

The game played a dirty trick on me!  That moving bumper in the middle of the screen started flashing and it paused the gameplay right as I was hitting the button to change colors of my flippers, canceling the effect of my button.  So this only gave me a split second to react whenever gameplay resumed, which was not enough time to change my flipper.  It's like when the guy holds a $20 bill between your fingers and bets you can't grab it when he lets go.  Dirty.

Flipper Slipper [Skill 2] (CV) [e] 13760.png

That happened to me too

• Like 1

That's not a dirty trick. After 10,000  points are scored, the game will freeze for a bit. But not always at 10k. Sometimes gameplay will continue before it does pause, say 10,590 then it pauses for example. The moving bumper (floating beach house) will begin to deflect shots after 10k is scored as well. Every time the dog gate is opened a free ball is earned.  Once 20k is reached, the ball begins to bounce at super sonic speed.  So now the ball not only changes color, but moves much faster. The pause at 10k is part of the game. My strategy is to leave one link to the dog gate remaining to hit in order to open it until 20k hopefully then hit it to open the gate for the 3,600 point bonus and survive briefly due to the balls inreased speed. 

• Like 1