IGNORED

Boot and Menu development

InsaneMultitasker

• 3 weeks later...

I tested 3 levels deep and it worked.

I made fake folder/file to mimic your finding.  Selected TIPI.GAMES.BOB and the run option gave me "TIPI.GAMES..BOB" (extra period)

So the parsing bug here is I drilled into another level and the buffer had a leftover period.

I reset and drilled to DSK3.GAMES.BOB and it works fine.

I reset and drilled to TIPI.GAMES.BOB and it works fine

Try resetting and selecting. Maybe I fixed something after what I uploaded.  Been really busy at work thanks to corona... I'll dig into this tonight.

• Like 1

I did not enforce the period because at the time TIPI didn't require it, which is different from the other devices. I didn't want to require the period until I knew if/when M@ would adjust (I don't recall the outcome of that thread at the moment).   I probably do need to enforce it going forward, even if omitting it works.  Make sense?

On 3/18/2020 at 9:43 AM, InsaneMultitasker said:

I did not enforce the period because at the time TIPI didn't require it, which is different from the other devices. I didn't want to require the period until I knew if/when M@ would adjust (I don't recall the outcome of that thread at the moment).   I probably do need to enforce it going forward, even if omitting it works.  Make sense?

Opening the catalog file with the period is supported by TIPI, and I will fix any new bugs in that area within the TIPI system software.

-M@

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/17/2020 at 9:45 PM, InsaneMultitasker said:

Probably about time for a MENU  / BOOT / 9640 MENU development topic.

"9640 MENU" 80 column  [17 Feb 2020]   9640menu 17Feb2020.zip 6.89 kB · 40 downloads

- Added TIPI clock support.  Menu checks time about every second.  I suppose I could remove the seconds and check ever 30 seconds or so.  I don't know of a way to access the TIPI DSR without blinking the light ;)
- All other clocks are currently untested and might not function.  I can barely understand the spaghetti code I wrote in 2015 (for reasons historically documented). Intent is to rework Classic99 and Triple Tech to use the DSR. MBP/Clulow/Geneve clocks will remain direct-access. .

- Catalog routine overhauled. Sector IO out; level 3 catalog in place.  Allows entry of a path e.g., TIPI.FOLDER1.  or SCS1.FOLDER2. 

- Drill down into  subdirectories and select the file you want to run or view
- FCTN-8 to enter a new path;  use the "..\" to go up a level.  When you are at the root, pressing enter on the "..\" will recatalog the device.

- If you exit the catalog and return the last path is remembered

- The options creation (F4) and the Edit/Save (F5) options are still tied to disk numbers.  Will look to change that down the road.

- The options files are currently compatible with the prior release.  This could change if I enhance the program with paths and other information, or redo the antiquated menu structure.

- If you have a Remind-Me file in the TIPI root in the format MM-YYYY, pressing "Y" at the menu will display the day's reminders and any scratchpad notes.  This feature is a novelty at present and subject to update or removal. The various clock support complexities may dictate my next steps.

- Are there bugs?  Probably. I am using this as my daily menu program via the Horizon 4000B at present.

MENU 40 column 7.39 [16 Feb 2020]

- Minor tweak for ROS 8.42c. See ROS development thread. 

Link to earlier topic related to 9640MENU

Reveal hidden contents

Can it be modified to also add the IDE.TIME clock for the IDE card that uses Fred Kaal's DSR v15?

The clock chip with the CR2032 battery backup uses the BQ4802 chip on a daughter board assembled by shift838store.

15 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

The short answer is 'yes', however, this program is not high on my priority list at present.  When the IDE card I was using for test purposes is returned to me, I will consider adjusting the time display code.

I'm looking forward to it as it's a great menu program with the F18A upgrade.

Thanks for the update.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 12:44 PM, arcadeshopper said:

yep it works fine manually.. it's just when I load another copy of menu from menu then try to load a xb program

Has it only been 16 months?  ;)

I looked at the code tonight and I might have an idea on why this is happening.  Can't test right now but I've noted it in the source.  Also looked at the clock code a bit more for IDE support and tried to determine how/if I can change the disk-centric code to allow for any device in the save options.  I'll queue it up for the fall timeframe, for after I finish the Geneve OS cleanup.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Has it only been 16 months?  ;)

I looked at the code tonight and I might have an idea on why this is happening.  Can't test right now but I've noted it in the source.  Also looked at the clock code a bit more for IDE support and tried to determine how/if I can change the disk-centric code to allow for any device in the save options.  I'll queue it up for the fall timeframe, for after I finish the Geneve OS cleanup.

That's great news. Looking forward to it.

Thanks