IGNORED

Love Pole Position 2 for the 7800, but what about... a blue F1 Car...?

Giles N

On 2/28/2020 at 3:17 PM, Giles N said:

@KevinMos3

Do you have the technical skill to insert/implement my grfx (see above) in a Pole Position 2 program?

Of course. But I currently have almost no free time and spend most of my time away from home, so I have to be very careful what I allow myself to get distracted with. There are so many projects I’d like to do but not the time.

I expect life to change in the fall. I should be much closer to home with more free time. But we’ll see.

8 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

Of course. But I currently have almost no free time and spend most of my time away from home, so I have to be very careful what I allow myself to get distracted with. There are so many projects I’d like to do but not the time.

Totally see your point!

??

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 10:46 PM, Giles N said:

This one’s really good.

If you put in yellow for white, you have a color-option for explosion.

?????

383D76A0-CBA6-4DA2-AB54-A001A81B2E5B.jpeg

This my sprite is quite old. The new ones I'm working on are almost finished and are better. I'm usually modest, but I can tell you that there is nothing so accurate about other 8-bit versions.

I think it will be an interesting surprise, however you will have to be patient because I'm currently working on another project.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2020 at 1:45 AM, Defender_2600 said:

This my sprite is quite old. The new ones I'm working on are almost finished and are better. I'm usually modest, but I can tell you that there is nothing so accurate about other 8-bit versions.

I think it will be an interesting surprise, however you will have to be patient because I'm currently working on another project.

I’m really looking forward to it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

...however you will have to be patient because I'm currently working on another project.

Drop the other projects until Pole Position II is completed; its much more important!!

???????

I’m - in a positive way - impatient; would really like to see what you’ve been designin’??

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, alfredtdk said:

About the update, what do you think if the option to choose the color of the vehicle to be played was included?

That way we could choose the original orange, the new blue and the classic red of the 2600.

I don’t this would be possible a mere hack.

It would then have to be 3 separate hack versions.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

But alas!

(Dark hollow-sounding panting voice):

Obigone was wise to not tell you the truth!

Me (shouts): he told me enough!

He told you murdered the 7800-sprite-generator.

Booming voice: search your feelings, you know thats not true!!

(Pause):

I... am.... the designer of the 7800-sprite-generator and built into it a safety-device - only graphic-artists mastering the 2:1 ratio per pixel when using more than three colours, will stand a chance against the dark side of the oldschool.

Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH

THATS IMPOSSIBLE

(drops myself into nearst abyssal-style cosmic-scale shaft....)

Edited by Giles N

On 12/5/2020 at 7:19 AM, Defender_2600 said:

Yes, I've made some progress and now my new sprites almost get confused with the arcade version. However, I can't make any promises about the release, I have a bad habit of doing too many projects at once.

Really curious as to how your version will look and feel.

And how you deal with the explosion and set-palette problem...