IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

8 hours ago, 7800Knight said:

So, the trailer went live today.

Evercade VS - Announcement Trailer - YouTube

Whaddyathink?

The Controller options are great. The option of 4 controllers able to be used on the system is option if there are 4 people that want to play 4 player games on the system. The big surprise to me was the ability to put 2 Evercade Cartridges in the system. The price also is reasonable.

I am not surprised about the 2 Namco Collections not working on the Evercade VS.

Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 3

Yeah, I'm totally down for the console, probably even preorder it.  The handheld form factor is nice, but isn't as much 'my speed' as a console.

Part of me has no idea why I keep buying evercade stuff, and the other half of me keeps irrationally hovering over the 'add to cart' button on the technos collection.

• Like 2

I have to admit looking back at this now 11 page deep thread here, dates and all, that this thing has not only survived but took off and expanded has surprised me.  It's not a bad thing at all, and most those packages of games on a cart are pretty generously done too.  They seemingly found a niche that didn't get abused and people are all in for it which is nice.  That console seems decent, should at the least, help get multiplayers on board, if not more specifically people who loathe handhelds so now they can play it on a big TV.

What is the best entity these days in the US anyway to nail down one of these, games too, for the best price and availability?  I'm thinking maybe sooner or later isn't such a bad idea. Even if lightly used, it's a nice concise collection and tickles my cares about bootleg multicarts too given you get a little variety in each so you get choice while not being swamped.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 4

I am mostly ordering from Songbird these days, but I have had good experiences with Video Games Plus and Funstock before. Amazon seems to cancel preorders of many things arbitrarily, including some of my Evercade orders, and then deliver (and charge you) anyway. I have stopped ordering Evercade stuff from them as a result. (Well, also because I would rather give Carl money than Jeff.)

• Like 1

You talking used? Only store I know would be game xchange if they didn't go tits up during the pandemic. Though, despite being retro styled, it IS new, so I could see gamestop getting them (haven't been there in a year now either :( )

Got the other games on preorder, and will pick up the console too when it drops. Handheld actually is my preferred flavor, but I do want to play with friends too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Video said:

You talking used? Only store I know would be game xchange if they didn't go tits up during the pandemic. Though, despite being retro styled, it IS new, so I could see gamestop getting them (haven't been there in a year now either :( )

Got the other games on preorder, and will pick up the console too when it drops. Handheld actually is my preferred flavor, but I do want to play with friends too.

Well,  If my recent experiences with Game Stop are any indication;   If it's something people want there's no way Game Stop will carry it!  They don't know what Retro or Classic even means,  some stores seem to have more bobble heads than video games...Me trying to get even an Atari Flashback a few years ago was funny!   (No,  I want HDMI!  No, I want GOLD!  No, I need it with PADDLES, PADDLES...)  Ask them if they have 8BITDO controllers...They'll think you are speaking Chinese.

The Only thing they seem to care about is the video game that came out  for (insert latest modern system here) yesterday and they question why you waited a day to buy it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Well,  If my recent experiences with Game Stop are any indication;   If it's something people want there's no way Game Stop will carry it!  They don't know what Retro or Classic even means,  some stores seem to have more bobble heads than video games...Me trying to get even an Atari Flashback a few years ago was funny!   (No,  I want HDMI!  No, I want GOLD!  No, I need it with PADDLES, PADDLES...)  Ask them if they have 8BITDO controllers...They'll think you are speaking Chinese.

The Only thing they seem to care about is the video game that came out  for (insert latest modern system here) yesterday and they question why you waited a day to buy it.

It's a geek chic novelty store now, at least in the one in the city I work in.  What games they do have are on the walls half way towards the back of the store.  The rest is clothes, toys, knick knacks, mugs, etc. etc.  It's less Gamestop and more like Stop (selling) Games.  I haven't ventured into one in larger cities, so one's mileage may vary.

• Like 1

There was a live stream earlier today on PDubs Arcade Loft youtube channel. with 2 people that are with Blaze Entertainment. The two people are Andrew Byatt and Ryan. There was some stuff revealed.

Here is the stuff mentioned with me put the information in bulleted list form:

• Firmware update will be coming for the handheld including emulation.
  • 5 game collections will be announced before May 28th.
  • 1 or 2 game cartridge announcements will be arcade games. 
  • Pack-in collections for the Evercade VS will including arcade games.
  • There are potential hidden games on the Evercade VS.
  • Evercade VS  games unlocked by combination CARTS caused by using the 2 cartridge slots. 
  • Blaze mentioned about Modern Retro games coming in the feature.
  • Blaze is looking at putting modern retro games on Evercade.
  • Blaze is signing more content for later this year or for next year. 
Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, 8th lutz said:

There was a live stream earlier today on PDubs Arcade Loft youtube channel. with 2 people that are with Blaze Entertainment. The two people are Andrew Byatt and Ryan. There was some stuff revealed.

Here is the stuff mentioned with me put the information in bulleted list form:

• Firmware update will be coming for the handheld including emulation.
  • 5 game collections will be announced before May 28th.
  • 1 or 2 game cartridge announcements will be arcade games. 
  • Pack-in collections for the Evercade VS will including arcade games.
  • There are potential hidden games on the Evercade VS.
  • Evercade VS  games unlocked by combination CARTS caused by using the 2 cartridge slots. 
  • Blaze mentioned about Modern Retro games coming in the feature.
  • Blaze is looking at putting modern retro games on Evercade.
  • Blaze is signing more content for later this year or for next year. 

And don't forget that tomorrow (Sat May 1) there will be the reveal of the 12 Intellivision games that will in the first Intellivision Collection!  Should be interesting!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I saw the OEB Pete live stream with Blaze's Sean Cleaver. There was some good information mentioned outside of the Intellivision games like there would be Collector's edition for the Evercade vs. I think people are going to be happy with Evercade products are being worked on like Evercade VS. carry case and stuff like a Evercade t-shirt.

I am surprised that Princess Quest is on Intellivision Collection 1. It gives me a reason for getting this collection since I own an Intellivision compilations already.

I've played Princess Quest before since I own a Colecovision Flashback. I think it's a good addition.

Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 8th lutz said:

I saw the OEB Pete live stream with Blaze's Sean Cleaver. There was some good information mentioned outside of the Intellivision games like there would be Collector's edition for the Evercade vs. I think people are going to be happy with Evercade products are being worked on like Evercade VS. carry case and stuff like a Evercade t-shirt.

I am surprised that Princess Quest is on Intellivision Collection 1. It gives me a reason for getting this collection since I own an Intellivision compilations already.

I've played Princess Quest before since I own a Colecovision Flashback. I think it's a good addition.

Slap Shot Hockey!!!  Finally there is a hockey game on the Evercade.  SOLD!  lol  Add to that some personal favourites as Snafu, Thunder Castle and Night Stalker makes this collection an easy purchase... especially when I will be able to play it on the Evercade VS this holiday!  Oh and Princess Quest?  That's a real winner for the Evercade as it adds a new spice for people who have the previous collections!  

Man... this Evercade just doesn't give up eh?  The price is certainly right for me!

• Like 3

The Intellivsion cart looks interesting.  That and The Sensible Software one are the two standouts for me.  Looking forward to arcade releases as well.

The VS seems like a very logical move.  When was the last time you could get a brand new console for under £100 that had software being released for it?

All the potential easter eggs mentioned above make it even more appealing and show that Blaze are putting some effort into making a fun product.

Not that I have anything against the PS5 or Xbox X consoles, but for me this year will be all about Amico and Evercade :)

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

I preordered the Indie Heroes collection off of Songbird.  I've wanted this interesting collection for quite some time now. 

Thanks! Waiting to hear from the distributor, but I should have Indie and Worms in stock towards the end of the month. Hoping to get a restock on a bunch of games too, like Xeno Crisis, Piko 1, and Atari Lynx 1 & 2.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

During a live stream of the Intellivision game list reveal there was some discussion about one of the arcade releases being Bad Dudes due to something the person from Blaze had on a shelf in the background.  So it seems like we will be getting a Data East arcade collection or at the least, an arcade version of Bad Dudes seems likely.

And to make things more exciting is that the reveal of all the 2021 collections will be completed by the end of May.  So in the coming few weeks we will see the arcade collections (These will feature the Purple boxes by the way) and the remaining collections to be released in 2021.  I believe this is a combined 5 collections to be revealed.  Sounded like 2 arcade collections and 3 regular collections.

Oh and to make things even more interesting, there is a possibility that there may be additional releases from 2022 that could get moved up to be released in 2021.  Time will tell on that.  I appreciate the under promise, over deliver style that Evercade has used.  Much better than showing something that doesn't get released for years.. if ever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I preordered Worms and Indie Heroes from Songbird too. Going forward I plan to make all my Evercade purchases from Carl. I’d rather support somebody who is all in on indie retro gaming than Amazon or general purpose gaming companies, given the choice.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I preordered Worms and Indie Heroes from Songbird too. Going forward I plan to make all my Evercade purchases from Carl. I’d rather support somebody who is all in on indie retro gaming than Amazon or general purpose gaming companies, given the choice.

I hear ya... I support videogamesplus.ca as they are a Canadian company and there is no custom/duties fees.  They've been my go to company for Evercade goodies right from the beginning!

Speaking of Worms and Indie Heroes... I need to get my pre-order in soon too!!

• Like 2

Have they firmware-fixed the startup sound not obeying the volume control?  I don't mind it so much, but the wife's not a fan when I power it on in bed. 

Upcoming arcade+modern games news is sounding pretty good to me! I know I probably shouldn't get my hopes up for the arcade games being too interesting, but too late, hopes are up.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2