IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

6 hours ago, Reaperman said:

That's Tommo

Funnily I remembered it exactly when I saw the notification of your reply after I opened a new tab with AA on my browser. ?

Also; what's wrong with Wonder Boy's reboot? You mean the ugly Korean remaster of the original game?

Edited by roots.genoa

@roots.genoa + @Reaperman You're both right.  Tommo globally had their hands into that fouled up cookie jar, but Tommo doesn't have global great reach so Blaze handled the thing for Tommo within the UK/European import circle (and used Success in asia areas.)  The two companies were just distributors, not makers, coders, designers of it, just the shipping outlet.  So it would depend if SNK is that bitter to punish a distributor, and even then, that was a decade ago now, was that even the same SNK as they changed hands some around then too.

I doubt Blaze hates SNK, they lost a distribution deal that's all, not a vital profit line all things considered in what they do, but it could be SNK doesn't want to deal with them after that either.  Success has control over some good stuff like the Cotton franchise in their earliest day to Umihara Kawase now.  Not sure anything they touched has been on things other than the Sega Astro City so far https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Success_(company)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Also; what's wrong with Wonder Boy's reboot? You mean the ugly Korean remaster of the original game?

Beats me, I've never played the new wonder boy--because I've played old ones ?

If it's good, then it's good in spite of the source material, and not because of it.

Speaking of old Blaze work, is this blaze the same blaze, that blazed out the blaze scorpion light guns in the ps1/ps2 eras?

I had a long-term ebay saved-search for scorpions for a number of years, since they've got a nice feature set, like vibration. They also have nice ergonomics, in all their varied styles, and are easy to aim by feel. I have guncons, but more often than not, I use a scorpion over them, because they look/feel pretty neat.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Sad 2

Monster Boy in the Cursed Kingdom is one of the best games on modern systems.

I can see disliking the original Wonder Boy, aka Adventure Island. I can even see disliking Wonder Boy in Monster Land, as that had a lot of ports and many were middling (and the arcade original was not great). It took me a long time to get into those. But I can’t really conceive of hating The Dragon’s Trap or Monster World or Monster World IV. Different strokes, I guess.

• Like 2

I've written this out a few times, but let me see if I can summarize my VS issue with replication steps, as clearly as possible.

If I switch to the correct (and blank) HDMI input, prior to turning on my VS.

• The menu is in 1080p
  • The game is in 1080p
  • Everything sync'd and happy

If I turn my VS on, then switch to the input after it's on, (since it doesn't auto-switch for whatever reason):

• The menu is 720p
  • The games are still 1080p
  • Returning to the menu drops back to 720p
  • there are 5 seconds of black every time it changes resolutions
  • My capture/stream device loses sync until I unplug power and two HDMIs to reset it, every time it changes resolution

There appear to be no menu setting to lock resolution at 1080p--or heck, 720p either. I guess it does some kind of check on-boot and if it doesn't sync in x-seconds, you get this halfway 720p/1080p mode. I also think that lack of auto-switching is a concern, as pretty much every other console does that, though I don't know the HDMI standard nearly enough to get my terminology correct on this.

Anyway, I'll check for firmware periodically.  I only work around sync problems when the 'juice is worth the squeeze' like with syncing arcade boards, or dealing with FPGA reconfigure periods--fine, I'm getting something special there. But this is a $100 emu box, and I class it as 'needs to work every time,' especially since game-time is tight

Edit: actually it's probably easier if I do a quick shakey cam vid showing the problem, and will more likely get eyes from blaze. I'll go do one quick. It'll be below when it finishes uploading/processing.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Monster Boy in the Cursed Kingdom is one of the best games on modern systems.

I can see disliking the original Wonder Boy, aka Adventure Island. I can even see disliking Wonder Boy in Monster Land, as that had a lot of ports and many were middling (and the arcade original was not great). It took me a long time to get into those. But I can’t really conceive of hating The Dragon’s Trap or Monster World or Monster World IV. Different strokes, I guess.

I was never a Adventure ISland or original Wonder Boy fan... played Wonder Boy in the arcade and on the SMS and they were good but not something that I care much for.

Wonder Boy in Monster Land is one of my all time favourites!  I loved the arcade and the SMS version!  I was super fortunate to own this on the SMS and I'm grabbing the arcade port for my Switch.  

The later titles were interesting as well but I never saw them until I borrowed a remake of one from the library for my PS4.  Pretty good but no nostalgia glasses so I played it for a while but lost interest after a few days (this was the one with the Frog, Lion etc forms that you unlock).

• Like 2

Just a heads up.

I had a hard time finding any solid information about this anywhere online. Even Evercade gave me a "maybe" kind of answer. Anyhow, I  can confirm that with the 8BitDo adapter, you can hook up a Bluetooth Xbox One X/S controller to the Evercade VS console wirelessly.

It works right out of the box! All you have to do is plug the adapter into a USB port on the Evercade and then press the sync button on both the adapter and the controller. This will pair the controller to the adapter and you're all set ?.

Here's some pictures I took of mine. I chose to use the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. I don't have great use of my right hand so this works great. There are extra, programmable buttons, in the rear of the controller that I can use. 

Hope this helps somebody else.

IMG_20220201_205948.jpg

IMG_20220201_205937.jpgpan widgetspan widget

Edited by RREDDWARFF
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

@7800Knight Getting used to why?  Is there something wrong with them or do they have no dip settings and limited quarters so the games quickly get obnoxious?

Hey, some of these I haven't played in years.  Like the arcade version of Burgertime - I am so used to the NES port on Evercade that it took time to adjust and do better on the arcade port.

Same with Tumblepop.  I haven't played that since a trip to Italy back in 1995!!

• Like 1

Just now, 7800Knight said:

Hey, some of these I haven't played in years.  Like the arcade version of Burgertime - I am so used to the NES port on Evercade that it took time to adjust and do better on the arcade port.

Same with Tumblepop.  I haven't played that since a trip to Italy back in 1995!!

Fair enough, I prefer the NES Burgertime. ;)  Seriously though, do they have settings for difficulty, free play, or dip switches?

• Like 1

Just now, Tanooki said:

Fair enough, I prefer the NES Burgertime. ;)  Seriously though, do they have settings for difficulty, free play, or dip switches?

I didn't see any dip switch settings unlike my other arcade collections like the PS1 Midway Collection, Data East Collection on Wii, etc.

Oh well.  Guess I'll just have to practice by playing the games more.

• Like 1

I've also been having a blast with the secret games.

Spoiler

As you may know, plugging in both the Atari Collection 1 & 2 into the Vs. unlocks the 7800 port of Dark Chambers.  I played some last night on beginner mode and it is quite fun.  Now that I have the hang of it, I plan to try a harder difficulty next time.

• Like 2