IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

Duke nuke 1+2? I assume they mean the two original 2\d side scrollers. Nothing wrong with that, as their good games, but I've seen several people already mention their interest in duke nukem 3d, and that's actually the third game in the series. (I'd love to see that, but don't hold your breath to long)

Just cleared my inbox and got a fun stock note saying "special edition atomic purple vs console preorders" cool, if you don't have a vs yet, that would be cool to get. Ill probably skip that as I got the original white and red version. I do collect handheld variants, but usually not console variants.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Video said:

Duke nuke 1+2? I assume they mean the two original 2\d side scrollers. Nothing wrong with that, as their good games, but I've seen several people already mention their interest in duke nukem 3d, and that's actually the third game in the series. (I'd love to see that, but don't hold your breath to long)

Just cleared my inbox and got a fun stock note saying "special edition atomic purple vs console preorders" cool, if you don't have a vs yet, that would be cool to get. Ill probably skip that as I got the original white and red version. I do collect handheld variants, but usually not console variants.

Even though I already have a VS (and two handhelds), I couldn't resist this new bundle for whatever mental reason. I'll just stick it on another set in the house.

• Like 2

The only cart number that's missing is 32. I didn't watch the event, but my assumption is that they're saving 32 for something big.

I updated my personal list of all of the collections (I have them all except for the 4 new ones that you can't pre-order until July, and of course the mysterious 32...):

01 Atari Collection 1 20 Yes Adventure, Alien Brigade, Aquaventure, Asteroids (2600), Canyon Bomber, Centipede, Crystal Castles, Desert Falcon (2600), Double Dunk, Food Fight, Gravitar, Missile Command, Motor Psycho, Night Driver, Ninja Golf, Steeplechase, SwordQuest: Earthworld, Tempest, Video Pinball, Yar's Return
02 Namco Museum Collection 1 11 No Battle Cars, Dig Dug, Galaxian, Libble Rabble, Mappy, Mappy Kids, Metal Marines, Pac-Man, Quad Challenge, Star Luster, Xevious
03 Data East Collection 1 10 Yes Bad Dudes, Burnin' Rubber (Bump 'n' Jump), BurgerTime, Fighter's History, Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics, Karate Champ, Magical Drop 2, Midnight Resistance, Side Pocket, Two Crude Dudes
04 Interplay Collection 1 6 Yes Battle Chess, Boogerman, Clay Fighters, Earthworm Jim, Incantation, Titan
05 Atari Collection 2 20 Yes Air Sea Battle, Asteroids (7800), Basketbrawl, Bowling, Centipede (7800), Dark Chambers (2600), Demons to Diamonds, Desert Falcon (7800), Haunted House, Human Cannonball, Planet Smashers, Millipede, Sprintmaster, Radar Lock, Solaris, Submarine Commander, Realsports Tennis, Street Racer, Wizard, Yars' Revenge
06 Namco Museum Collection 2 11 No Burning Force, Dragon Spirit, Galaga, Pac Attack, Dig Dug II, Phelios, Splatterhouse 2, Splatterhouse 3, Tower of Druaga, Warp Man, Weaponlord
07 Interplay Collection 2 6 Yes The Adventures of Rad Gravity, Clayfighter 2, Claymates, Earthworm Jim 2, Prehistoric Man, The Brainies
08 Mega Cat Studios Collection 1 10 Yes Almost Hero, Creepy Brawlers, Coffee Crisis, Justice Duel, Log Jammers, Little Medusa, Multidude, Old Towers, Super Painter, Tanzer
09 Piko Interactive Collection 1 20 Yes 8 Eyes, Brave Battle Saga, Canon - Legends of the New Gods, Drakkhen, Dragon View, Dorke and Ymp, Iron Commando, The Immortal, Jim Power - The Lost Dimension, Magic Girl, Nightshade, Power Piggs of the Dark Agees, Power Punch II, Radical Rex, Switchblade, The Humans, Tinhead, Top Racer, Way of the Exploding Fist, Water Margin
10 Technos Collection 1 8 Yes Crash 'N' The Boys: Street Challenge, Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, Renegade, River City Ransom, Super Dodge Ball, Super Double Dragon, Super Spike V'ball
11 Xeno Crisis & Tanglewood Dual Game Cartridge 2 Yes Tanglewood, Xeno Crisis
12 Oliver Twins Collection 1, The 11 Yes BMX Simulator, Dizzy the Adventurer, Dreamworld Pogie, The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy, Fire Hawk, Go Dizzy Go, Mystery World Dizzy, Panic Dizzy, Super Robin Hood, Treasure Island Dizzy, Wonderland Dizzy
13 Atari Lynx Collection 1 17 Yes Scrapyard Dog, Basketbrawl, Super Asteroids/Missile Command, Awesome Golf, Crystal Mines II: Buried Treasure, CyberVirus, Dracula the Undead, Gordo 106, Ishido: The Way of Stones, Jimmy Connors Tennis, Loopz, Malibu Bikini Volleyball, MegaPak, Power Factor, Remnant, Super Sqweek, Xump
14 Atari Lynx Collection 2 8 Yes California Games, Todd's Adventures in Slimeworld, Electro Cop, Gates of Zendocon, Zarlor Mercenary, Blue Lightning, Chips Challenge, Checkered Flag
15 Jaleco Collection 1 10 Yes Astyanax (NES), Bases Loaded, Brawl Brothers, City Connection, Earth Defense Force (E.D.F.), Operation Logic Bomb, Rival Turf!, Super Goal! 2, The Ignition Factor, Totally Rad
16 Piko Interactive Collection 2 13 Yes Best Ball, Eliminator Boat Duel, Football Madness, Full Throttle: All-American Racing, Hoops: Shut Up and Jam (Barkley), Hoops: Shut Up and Jam 2 (Barkley), Power Football (Mike Ditka), Racing Fever, Soccer Kid, Summer Challenge, Top Racer 2, Winter Challenge, World Trophy Soccer
17 Indie Heroes Collection 1 14 Yes Alien Cat 2, Aguna, Chain Break, Deadeus, Debtor, Doodle World, Flea!, Foxyland, Kubo 3, Ploid, Quest Arrest, Super Homebrew War, Twin Dragons, Uchusen
18 Worms Collection 1 3 Yes Worms, Worms Armageddon, Worms Blast
19 Codemasters Collection 1 17 Yes Bee 52, Big Nose Freaks out, Big Nose the Caveman, Boomerang Kid, CJ's Elephant Antics, Cannon Fodder, Cosmic Spacehead, F-16 Renegade, Linus Spacehead, Mega-Lo-Mania, Mig 29: Soviet Fighter, Psycho Pinball, Sensible Soccer, Stunt Buggies, Super Skidmarks, Tennis All Stars, The Ultimate Stuntman
20 Mega Cat Studios Collection 2 8 Yes Alter Ego Dream Walker, Arkagis Revolution, Dev Will Too, Gluf, Misplaced, Romeow and Julicat, Roniu's Tale, Yazzie
21 Intellivision Collection 1 12 Yes Astrosmash, Buzz Bombers, Frog Bog, Night Stalker, Pinball, Princess Quest, Shark! Shark!, Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey, Snafu, Thin Ice, Thunder Castle, Word Rockets
22 Bitmap Brothers Collection 1, The 5 Yes The Chaos Engine, Speedball, Speedball 2, Speedball 2100, Xenon 2: Megablast
23 Renovation Products Collection 1 12 Yes Arcus Odyssey, Beast Wrestler, Dino Land, El Viento, Exile, Final Zone, Gaiares, Granada, Sol-Deace, Traysia, Valis, Valis III
24 Gremlin Collection 1 6 Yes Actua Soccer, Brain Bender, Hardcore 4x4, Premier Manager 97, Utopia: The Creation of a Nation, Zool
25 Morphat Games Collection 1 3 Yes Micro Mages, Spacegulls, Bobi, Super Bat Puncher Demo, Micro Mages Second Quest
26 Intellivision Collection 2 12 Yes Auto Racing, Cloudy Mountain, Hover Cross, Motocross, Mountain Madness Super Pro Skiing, Reversi, Sharp Shot, Stadium Mud Buggies, Star Strike, Super Pro Decathalon, Tower of Doom, Vectron
27 Alwa's Awakening/Cathedral 2 Yes Alwa's Awakening (The 8-Bit Edition), Cathedral
28 Indie Heroes Collection 2 12 Yes Anguna: Scourge of the Goblin King, Beer Slinger, Eyra: The Crow Maiden, Gelatanous: Humanity Lost, Lunar Journey, Nessy the Robot, Nix: The Paradox Relic, Reknum Souls Adventure, Tapeworm Disco Puzzle, The Cowlitz Gamers' Adventure Trilogy, The Gruniozerca Trilogy, Yeah Yeah Beebiss II
29 Piko Interactive Collection 3 10 Yes 40 Winks, Legend of Wukong, Metal Mech: Man & Machine, Motor City Patrol, Punch King, Radikal Bikers, Stanley: The Search for Dr. Livingston, Sword of Sodan, Super Bubble Pop. Zero Tolerance
30 Sydney Hunter Collection 4 Yes Jester, Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death, Sydney Hunter and the Sacred Tribe, Sydney Hunter and The Shrines of Peril
31 Sunsoft Collection 1 6 Yes Aero the Acro-Bat, Arabian, Blaster Master, Blaster Master Boy, Journey to Silius, Mr. Gimmick!
33 Duke Nukem Collection 1 3 Yes Duke Nukem 1+2 Remastered, Duke Nukem 3D
34 Duke Nukem Collection 2 3 Yes Duke Nukem Advance,  Duke Nukem Lands of the Babes, Duke Nukem Time To Kill
A01 Technos Arcade 1 8 Yes Battle Lane Vol. 5, Block Out, The Combatribes, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone, Mania Challenge, Minky Monkey, Mysterious Stones
A02 Data East Arcade 1 10 Yes Bad Dudes vs. DragonNinja, Breakthru, BurgerTime, Chain Reaction, Gate of Doom (Dark Seal), Darwin 4078, Lock 'n' Chase, Sly Spy, Tumblepop, Wizard Fire (Dark Seal II)
A03 Gaelco Arcade 1 6 Yes Alligator Hunt, Biomechanical Toy, Glass, Snowboard Championship, Thunder Hoop, World Rally
A04 Atari Arcade 1 13 Yes Asteroids Deluxe, Canyon Bomber, Centipede, Crystal Castles, Liberator, Lunar Lander, Millipede, Missile Command, Night Driver, Pong, Skydiver, Super Breakout, Warlords
A05 Jaleco Arcade 1 8 Yes 64th Street: A Detective Story, Avenging Spirit, Cybattler, E.D.F. Earth Defence Force, P-47: The Panthom Fighter, Rod Land, Saint Dragon, The Astyanax
A06 Gaelco Arcade 2 6 Yes Big Karnak, Maniac Square, Squash, TH Strikes Back: Thunder Hoop 2, Touch and Go, World Rally 2
A07 Toaplan Arcade 1 8 Yes Alcon, Flying Shark, Guardian, Snow Bros, Teki-Paki, Tiger-Heli, Truxton, Zero Wing
A08 irem Arcade 1 6 Yes 10-Yard Fight, Battle Chopper, In the Hunt, Lightning Swords, Moon Patrol, R-Type
A09 Toaplan Arcade 2 7 Yes Demon's World, Fireshark, Hellfire, Rally Bike, Twin Cobra, Twin Hawk, Wardner
A10 Piko Arcade 1 9 Yes Diver Boy, Dragon Master, Master's Fury, Steel Force, The Legend of Silk Road …
C01 THEC64 Collection 1 14 Yes Alleykat, Battle Valley, Gateway to Apshai, Impossible Mission, Iridis Alpha, Jumpman, Lee (aka, Bruce Lee), Marauder, Stormlord, Street Sports Baseball, Subterranea, Summer Games, The Movie Monster Game, Winter Games
C02 THEC64 Collection 2 14 Yes California Games, Cybernoid, Firelord, Impossible Mission II, Insects in Space, Mission Impossibubble, Nebulus, Pitstop II, Slayer, Street Sports Basketball, Sword of Fargoal, Uridium, World Games, Zamzara
C03 Team 17 Collection 1 10 Yes Arcade Pool, Alien Breed, Alien Breed 2, Alien Breed: Tower Assault, ATR: All Terrain Racing, Body Blows, Full Contact, Kingpin: Arcade Sports Series Bowling, Project X: Special Edition '93, Qwak
C04 Delphine Software Cinematique Collection 1 4 Yes Another World (aka, Out of this World), Flashback, Future Wars, Operation Stealth
EXP The Capcom Collection 18 No 1942 (Arcade version), 1943 (Arcade version), 1944 : The Loop Master (Arcade version), Bionic Commando™ (Arcade version), Captain Commando™ (Arcade version), Commando™ (Arcade version), Final Fight™ (Arcade version), Forgotten Worlds™ (Arcade version), Ghouls ‘n Ghosts™ (Arcade version), Legendary Wings™ (Arcade version), MERCS (Arcade version), Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting (Arcade version), Strider (Arcade version), Vulgus™ (Arcade version), Mega Man (8-bit), Mega Man 2 (8-bit), Mega Man X (16-bit), Breath of Fire (16-bit)
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Video said:

Duke Nukem Collection 1 is brand new native ports of the platformers plus Duke Nukem 3D. Duke Nukem Collection 2 is the two PlayStation Tomb Raider-like games Time to Kill and Land of the Babes, plus  Duke Nukem Advance.

They don’t know yet if they are using the PlayStation or PC version of Duke 3D or if they are building a native one. Guess they’d better hurry up and figure it out ;) 

I would really like to see the solid GBC game included and I hope it’s not just an unlockable.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 5:16 AM, jgkspsx said:

If you don’t have a VS yet the Duke Nukem bundled Atomic Edition is a really cool looking version.

DukeVSSideConsole.thumb.png.e4486b9dbe752a9fe994fb6ba20a3864.png

Funstock still has some as of now, 2000 units total.

EDIT: just sold out. D’oh!

Holy crap that’s awesome. I’ve been looking to upgrade to a VS (still have original portable) and that might’ve hooked me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

@Video @jerseystyle they have often had a little extra stock pop up from cancelled preorders or backup copies in case of lost shipments so keep your eyes out!

That’s good to know. I only buy through Songbird, and wanna pick up some new cartridges anyway… I gotta say I’ve been so pleased with Evercade- their execution, their vision… all these retro console folks should look to them as a gold standard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

Unfortunately, it seems a lot of Atomic Editions were bought by scalpers... 😔

I think that's pretty much to be expected these days. Something limited comes out, people will see it as a way to make a few extra bucks. Kind of sad that's how some people have to make money. Fortunately I was able to grab one of these, it looks just crazy enough for me to want to have it. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

According to the Evercade website, the EXP handheld has 4GB internal memory.  How much of that is available out of the box?  Because those built-in games use some of it.  

I'm curious why this matters? This platform is not centered around digital downloads other than the monthly games, updates, and save states, so it shouldn't really matter. You figure it's the space for the emulator and the miniscule ROM sizes, so I'd be shocked if everything all-in (including OS and all the other stuff mentioned) wasn't under 1GB of space.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I'm curious why this matters? This platform is not centered around digital downloads other than the monthly games, updates, and save states, so it shouldn't really matter. You figure it's the space for the emulator and the miniscule ROM sizes, so I'd be shocked if everything all-in (including OS and all the other stuff mentioned) wasn't under 1GB of space.

I was just wondering.  That's all.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Since the unlockable and GOTM games are stored in system memory, it guarantees that we will never see an unlockable or GOTM PlayStation game. Not that it was likely but it’s confirmation.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Since the unlockable and GOTM games are stored in system memory, it guarantees that we will never see an unlockable or GOTM PlayStation game. Not that it was likely but it’s confirmation.

I'm OK with that. I always assumed the monthlies would be smaller, simpler games anyway. Anything more advanced and they're better off for a variety of reasons putting it on a cartridge. I was frankly surprised by Donut Dodo as a monthly, which I assume will be coming to a future cartridge of some type featuring non-emulated games.

The bottom line to me is that the platform was never sold as digital, but as cartridge-based. Anything digital is a bonus. They've done a reasonable job of keeping the platform as simple and straightforward as possible and I think any deviation they'll want to think long and hard on. That's probably why they're being non-committal on the possibility of releasing controller add-ons, which are clearly needed for certain types of games (mouse/keyboard; trackball; spinner; arcade stick (although there are already solutions for that)), but may cause user base splintering the platform can't really afford at this stage. We also don't know how well the VS sold versus the handhelds. I suspect the VS sold far worse than the handhelds, although it's arguably the superior experience and is really what makes the most sense for a controller add-on. 

• Like 3

I don't know, I'd love track balls and spinners, many Atari games (both consoles AND arcade) were designed to use alternative controls. And while I can muddle through, I'd like a keyboard for computer games, using virtual keyboards to select options on Commodore games isn't very intuitive.

Alternate controllers doesn't mean dropping straight 8 direction digital controller support, just adding a more usable option for games that (if properly emulated) can use if the user (me, or you) is willing to pay for it (I certainly would be)

Besides, these systems can emulate up to playstation, we already know this, to grab more future games from that era, they will eventually have to at minimum add dual analog stick controls, and they already added additional shoulder buttons anyways.

• Like 1