IGNORED

AtGames 2020 speculation thread

1 hour ago, Draxxon said:

Gamestop:
Legends Core 

AtGames Release Date: 02/26/2021

That explains why i cant find one. So, I'm guessing the videos i see of them are just the free units they send to the goofball youtube people.
would have been nice to know before I drove all over town looking for one.

The Core is in the hands of regular people. 

well the ONLY video reviews i saw were of people who got free units. Im not saying people havent got one, but they didnt buy it at gamestop.

so is it online only for another 2 weeks? i need to go to 4 walmarts or 7 dollar generals before i find one like a woodgrain atari portable? I have to figure out for myself where the new units are at like the AFBX2020 at menards and sams? i mean i could go on and on.

I'm just going to wait two weeks and buy one from gamestop, that way if i have to return it, i can with no issues.

Edited by Draxxon

4 hours ago, Draxxon said:

well the ONLY video reviews i saw were of people who got free units. Im not saying people havent got one, but they didnt buy it at gamestop.

so is it online only for another 2 weeks? i need to go to 4 walmarts or 7 dollar generals before i find one like a woodgrain atari portable? I have to figure out for myself where the new units are at like the AFBX2020 at menards and sams? i mean i could go on and on.

I'm just going to wait two weeks and buy one from gamestop, that way if i have to return it, i can with no issues.

It's not in stores at the moment, just direct from AtGames.

Floating an idea.. in 2 or 3 years  how about 'The Final Flashback" 2600 Deluxe Edition.

Have the latest version of Stella, support SD, include Joysticks, Paddles and Keypad controls.

It wouldn't need a ton of hard to license games.  But include a few paddle games and Star Raider.

HDMI out of course! 

I haven't grabbed an Atari Flashback in several versions.  But I would get this.  Maybe 2 for the controllers alone!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Floating an idea.. in 2 or 3 years  how about 'The Final Flashback" 2600 Deluxe Edition.

Have the latest version of Stella, support SD, include Joysticks, Paddles and Keypad controls.

It wouldn't need a ton of hard to license games.  But include a few paddle games and Star Raider.

HDMI out of course! 

I haven't grabbed an Atari Flashback in several versions.  But I would get this.  Maybe 2 for the controllers alone!

?

For those interested, National Owners Day 2021 (NOD 2021) is now live (9AM PT to 9PM PT): https://www.atgames.us/

The summary:

National Owners Day 2021 (NOD 2021) is all about Staying Connected. Join us on Facebook on our official page (https://www.facebook.com/AtGamesGaming) and the Legends Arcade Family website (https://arcades.atgames.net/) for our second annual owners day from 9AM to 9PM PT on Sunday, February 14, 2021, for new product reveals, amazing prizes, great deals and sales from third party sponsors GameStop and Buy Stuff Store, great deals and sales on the AtGames E-Store, and lots more fun and surprises! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mr @Bill Loguidice
I see the old legends core hits shelves tomorrow. I hope we get some round here.

I have a sort of off topic question. On the 22nd AtGames release new firmware updates for the AFBX, AFBXD, LFB2019, LFBD2019 and the old LFB2018.

Now, its all gone. I got the Atari Update, but i missed the LFB updates. Do you have any idea what might me going on? I know the River Raid sound fix was wrong on the Atari side of things, but I never got to see the LFB stuff. I Hope to God Almighty they fixed the NES buttons..... B goes on the left, tell them for me, pretty please. If not its kind of a deal breaker without being able to reconfig my buttons.

Edited by Draxxon

Gamestop:

Legends Core

AtGames Release Date: 03/31/2021

Did something happen to the release date? Why is there never any info about what is going on? What the hell is going on with the AFBX and LFB2 firmware updates? I went ahead and listened to Bill and just ordered it from the website. I should have just listened to him in the first place, but I like to give him a hard time. I'm sorry, buddy, you tried to help me. Maybe next time I'll listen, no promises though :) 

Capture.PNG

On 2/26/2021 at 12:27 AM, Draxxon said:

I have a sort of off topic question. On the 22nd AtGames release new firmware updates for the AFBX, AFBXD, LFB2019, LFBD2019 and the old LFB2018.

Now, its all gone. I got the Atari Update, but i missed the LFB updates. Do you have any idea what might me going on? I know the River Raid sound fix was wrong on the Atari side of things, but I never got to see the LFB stuff. I Hope to God Almighty they fixed the NES buttons..... B goes on the left, tell them for me, pretty please. If not its kind of a deal breaker without being able to reconfig my buttons.

This link doesn't work?: https://firmwareupdate.atgames.net/registration

no they were actually posted, then removed. Is something wrong with the updates themselves? will we get fixed updates? is it all the hacking that's going on?

I re-uploaded them here, In post #431: (#433 has the revision notes)

Atari Flashback X Custom Firmware for USB roms and boxart - Page 18 - AtGames Flashback and Portable Consoles - AtariAge Forums

I know that the flashback X's displayed the box art thumbnails incorrectly. I know that newer units bought recently have firmware v8 and v21 and the issue wasnt fixed. v9 and v21??? (how was this v21, when v21 still had bad art?) came out with fixed art. They actually fixed the P2 glitch on Space Invaders Arcade as well. In a couple days the updates were gone. A full version of the deluxe firmware was also leaked around this time. I had nothing to do with that. they fixed audio on a few games, but river raid audio fix wasnt correct, at the same time, the AFBX hacking project had a few break throughs.

Capture.PNG.cd016a0de4809c9f793bbd653968e759.png

It's just all very curious.

Edited by Draxxon

51 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

no they were actually posted, then removed. Is something wrong with the updates themselves? will we get fixed updates? is it all the hacking that's going on?

No, they're doing additional testing and will post new versions soon.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 3:27 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

No, they're doing additional testing and will post new versions soon.

Seriously, @Bill Loguidice, what is going on with the AtGames Flashback Zone?  It’s been 6 weeks since you were informed by @Draxxon that new AFBX, AFBXD, LFB & LFBD firmware had been posted before being mysteriously deleted.  Not only that, but the firmware & release notes pages have been regressively scrubbed clear back to circa 12/19 - 2/20.  The LFBD I purchased 11/20 came w/ v1.0.4, and it’d be nice to know what that means.  The whole purpose of a Release Notes page is to provide a historical record of ALL changes, no matter how insignificant.

22 minutes ago, No Quarter said:

Seriously, @Bill Loguidice, what is going on with the AtGames Flashback Zone?  It’s been 6 weeks since you were informed by @Draxxon that new AFBX, AFBXD, LFB & LFBD firmware had been posted before being mysteriously deleted.  Not only that, but the firmware & release notes pages have been regressively scrubbed clear back to circa 12/19 - 2/20.  The LFBD I purchased 11/20 came w/ v1.0.4, and it’d be nice to know what that means.  The whole purpose of a Release Notes page is to provide a historical record of ALL changes, no matter how insignificant.

lol. Ive been wondering the same thing. I was gonna leave it alone, I give Bill a hard enough time. But while we're razzing him... Where the Hell is my Atari Flashback Guide for the 9 and X and other 65 games!!!!! lololol.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Draxxon

@Bill Loguidice, if it's something you don't want to discuss out in the open, I understand.
Maybe it will help if I tell you my last name is Romanotto, and I too am a good Sicilian boy. La stessa cosa.

You can always just PM me, and I'll keep it la cosa nostra. ;) 

Edited by Draxxon

It takes a newer version of stella. A stock flashback won't run it.

stella 6.1 runs around 90% speed on a hacked atari flashback X. slower on a hacked 9.

Someone with a hacked 9 tried it and said it was somewhat playable.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1