IGNORED

AtGames 2020 speculation thread

I posted to the wrong thread - too early for me.  ? 

I'll comment that I'm really thinking hard about an RG351V from Anbernic myself!  You can play a lot of games, but for me specialized controls and an "Atari theme" are what would get me to buy an Atari specific handheld.

Edited by rocketfan

5 hours ago, rocketfan said:

I posted to the wrong thread - too early for me.  ? 

I'll comment that I'm really thinking hard about an RG351V from Anbernic myself!  You can play a lot of games, but for me specialized controls and an "Atari theme" are what would get me to buy an Atari specific handheld.

No worries!  I understand the being up early thing ;)

Also, the RG351V would be a good choice.  Definitely I do recommend Anbernic products and there are lots of support for the various models out there too.  Take care and best of luck going forward.

• 2 weeks later...

I had one, It was decent. But the resale price went thru the roof and I sold mine. It had a larger screen than the previous couple versions.

I had to drive to like 14 Dollar Generals to find one. and they only had one. And they didnt sell out, none of the other DGs even knew what I was talking about. 

I see the AFBX is back up for sale on the AtGames website. Fingers crossed that this pops back up. If it doesnt, there is a blaze retro handheld that has an SD Card slot and I think it plays 7800 as well. And its like $35 last time I looked.

Edited by Draxxon

On 7/21/2021 at 3:06 PM, gsmith601 said:

Could not agree more.  I really wish they’d produce this model again.

Also agreed.  I have the previous model to this one.  It is a good little handheld to be honest, but would love to have this version as it has the woodgrain look and a slightly bigger (2.8 versus 3.2) screen.

1 hour ago, Hwlngmad said:

Also agreed.  I have the previous model to this one.  It is a good little handheld to be honest, but would love to have this version as it has the woodgrain look and a slightly bigger (2.8 versus 3.2) screen.

It also got the case/body/shell of the 1st version.

• 4 weeks later...

who knows? if it isnt some home arcade bullshit all we hear is crickets.

last year we got the AFBX 2020 with reset hole on the bottom but we never got an announcement or the firmware update released.

Basically AtGames doesn't GAF and it's probably some old stock. What more could I think based on their actions?