IGNORED

Atari Portfolio Lotto Max Package RC10 Download

rcamp48

Hello everyone:

Today I finished making my Atari Portfolio Lotto Max RC10 Software package. This package has to be put as .run files sequentially on the 128 K card for the Atari Portfolio, It will not fit on a 64 K card, sorry but I tried to fit it on a 64 K card but the data file would have to be put on separately, this way all you have to do is first format your 128 K card , then run the batch file called buildme.bat that is in the zip file. The main program copies the data file over , but I am considering doing that in the setup file instead of the main program, that way if you update the database of winning numbers, it will not overwrite it next time you run the program. In fact I will do that before I upload the package,and make a few changes. Russ

Edited by rcamp48
typo

1 hour ago, rcamp48 said:

Hello everyone:

Today I finished making my Atari Portfolio Lotto Max RC10 Software package. This package has to be put as .run files sequentially on the 128 K card for the Atari Portfolio, It will not fit on a 64 K card, sorry but I tried to fit it on a 64 K card but the data file would have to be put on separately, this way all you have to do is first format your 128 K card , then run the batch file called buildme.bat that is in the zip file. The main program copies the data file over , but I am considering doing that in the setup file instead of the main program, that way if you update the database of winning numbers, it will not overwrite it next time you run the program. In fact I will do that before I upload the package,and make a few changes. Russ

Here is version 11 , I made several changes and to distinguish between the various versions I have , I just incremented the version number.

PLOTTMAX_Release_Candidate_11.ZIP

Edited by rcamp48
typo

You no longer need a 128 K memory card, a 64 K card will work,  , in fact you ddon't need a card reader either, all you need is a parallel interface, a DOS or modern computer, and a parallel cable , I have a batch file in the new zip file that takes you through hooking up the Atari Portfolio to the Parallel interface, plugging in thec able on both ends (Atari Portfolio and Computer). I do have a limited supply of 64 K card for those who do not have anything but the Atari Portfolio, but that is another story.

Here is the basic instriuctions for card reader and Parallel Interface:

Good news, I now have the program and data on 2 separate 64 K cards , the first one is the data disk with com files on it, you run it first, only once, then you take the card out and if necessary reformat it and put disk 2 the program disk on it, but it is easier to  use two separate cards. This way you install all of the data files on drive C first, then take out the first card and put in the second card with the program and pbrun.run file on it, once it is in you cannot swap disks while it is running , as it uses .run files.

Theoretically you could run this program with only one 64 K card, by doing what I have said in the above, as once you have installed the data on drive C you no longer need the install card.

I have 2 separate batch files for creating 2 different cards if you have  card reader and a compatible computer, if not then create card one (the data card) use a parallel port or serial port  to transfer the files to the first card, run the setup program, it will take several minutes to install the data to drive C, (after fdisking it to 45 K by typing fdisk 45, follow the instructions)  and then run setup.

Since you do have a backup of all of the files in my zip file , you can format that card and put on the program disk.

Making the program disk without a Card Reader:

It is simple , just run the 'buildft.bat' file from your dos computer or WIndows XP computer in DOS mode.
Follow the instructions in the batch file, it will tell you how to prepare drive C on the Portfolio, formatting the card in drive A, and how to hook up the ATari Portfolio to your DOS computer. A Transfiolio batch file will be made tomorrow when I can test it on a modern computer. (64 bit or 32 Bit I have the files).

There you have it, two separate cards, (or in the case of only having one card, use the second setup first, the use the first setup last).

Running the Program for newbies:

First prepare your drive C to have enough room on it for the data files, if you have at least 30 k skip this step.

To do this type 'fdisk 45' at any prompt (a: or c:)

Follow the instructions.

I don't have to tell you to put in the data disk in the card slot, but I might have to. Run the setup.com program by typing the folloing on your AtariPortfolio.

'a:'
'runfirst'

Follow the instructions.

This one will take 3 mins to run, and display dots on the screen for each line of data loaded onto drive C of the Atari Portfolio.

When done the program will print 'Program Finished' on the screen.

close your Portfolio.

Take out the data card, then put in your program card.
At the same prompt, (a:) type 'runme'

It will take a while to run the program, maybe 3 mins.
Follow the visual Instructions.
Note that while running this program card, you MUST NOT remove the program card until you have exited the program by pressing the escape key. Doing so will corrupt your program card, especially if it is running something when you remove the program card.

Enjoy.
Russ Campbell

Atari_Portfolio_Lotto_Max_Package _Version_12.zip

13 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

You no longer need a 128 K memory card, a 64 K card will work,  , in fact you ddon't need a card reader either, all you need is a parallel interface, a DOS or modern computer, and a parallel cable , I have a batch file in the new zip file that takes you through hooking up the Atari Portfolio to the Parallel interface, plugging in thec able on both ends (Atari Portfolio and Computer). I do have a limited supply of 64 K card for those who do not have anything but the Atari Portfolio, but that is another story.

Here is the basic instriuctions for card reader and Parallel Interface:

Good news, I now have the program and data on 2 separate 64 K cards , the first one is the data disk with com files on it, you run it first, only once, then you take the card out and if necessary reformat it and put disk 2 the program disk on it, but it is easier to  use two separate cards. This way you install all of the data files on drive C first, then take out the first card and put in the second card with the program and pbrun.run file on it, once it is in you cannot swap disks while it is running , as it uses .run files.

Theoretically you could run this program with only one 64 K card, by doing what I have said in the above, as once you have installed the data on drive C you no longer need the install card.

I have 2 separate batch files for creating 2 different cards if you have  card reader and a compatible computer, if not then create card one (the data card) use a parallel port or serial port  to transfer the files to the first card, run the setup program, it will take several minutes to install the data to drive C, (after fdisking it to 45 K by typing fdisk 45, follow the instructions)  and then run setup.

Since you do have a backup of all of the files in my zip file , you can format that card and put on the program disk.

Making the program disk without a Card Reader:

It is simple , just run the 'buildft.bat' file from your dos computer or WIndows XP computer in DOS mode.
Follow the instructions in the batch file, it will tell you how to prepare drive C on the Portfolio, formatting the card in drive A, and how to hook up the ATari Portfolio to your DOS computer. A Transfiolio batch file will be made tomorrow when I can test it on a modern computer. (64 bit or 32 Bit I have the files).

There you have it, two separate cards, (or in the case of only having one card, use the second setup first, the use the first setup last).

Running the Program for newbies:

First prepare your drive C to have enough room on it for the data files, if you have at least 30 k skip this step.

To do this type 'fdisk 45' at any prompt (a: or c:)

Follow the instructions.

I don't have to tell you to put in the data disk in the card slot, but I might have to. Run the setup.com program by typing the folloing on your AtariPortfolio.

'a:'
'runfirst'

Follow the instructions.

This one will take 3 mins to run, and display dots on the screen for each line of data loaded onto drive C of the Atari Portfolio.

When done the program will print 'Program Finished' on the screen.

close your Portfolio.

Take out the data card, then put in your program card.
At the same prompt, (a:) type 'runme'

It will take a while to run the program, maybe 3 mins.
Follow the visual Instructions.
Note that while running this program card, you MUST NOT remove the program card until you have exited the program by pressing the escape key. Doing so will corrupt your program card, especially if it is running something when you remove the program card.

Enjoy.
Russ Campbell

Atari_Portfolio_Lotto_Max_Package _Version_12.zip 338.38 kB · 1 download

Atari Portfolio Lotto Max Package Version 14.zip